like someone. dont know what to do.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

DaveTheRave
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Oct 2011, 10:57 am

hi im a 21 year old aspie from england. theres this girl i really like who also has aspergers. but i dont know what to do. i really like her and its driving me crazy keeping a lid on these feelings. on the one hand i want to tell her how i feel. but on the other i greatly fear rejection. i have low self esteem and suffer depression which makes it harder. hat am i to do. any answers?? thankyou :)

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2011, 10:59 am

davetherave!

are there any clues she might like you too?

sacrip
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2011, 11:08 am

Thing is, if you DON'T say anything, then she might meet someone else because she doesn't think that you like her in that way. Yes, it's bad if she says "I'm sorry, but I don't like you like that." It's worse when she says "Oh, I want you to meet my new boyfriend," and you want to scream "but like you!"

sacrip
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2011, 11:09 am

"But I like you!" is what I meant to say

DaveTheRave
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Oct 2011, 11:19 am

how do you mean "In Charge"???

DaveTheRave
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Oct 2011, 11:20 am

OneStepBeyond wrote:
davetherave!

are there any clues she might like you too?

im not sure haha. being autistic its hard to read cues. i dont know. she likes talking to me. and what not. and i always have a laugh with her. but that could just be freind stuff.

mushroo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2011, 11:31 am

What are your common interests? "Do you want to go to a movie/museum/dinner/coffee/pub/walk in the park with me?" is all you need to say. If you are charming then maybe you can find a more charming way to ask, but if it doesn't come naturally to you, then keep it simple.

You don't need to blurt out all your feelings at once in awkward fashion. Spending time with her shows her that you are interested in spending time with her. :-)

AJ989
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Oct 2011, 12:24 pm

Honestly just go for it, dont make the same mistakes i have. if you dont make a move,you will either miss your opportunity or be left wondering. rejection is atleast closure.

AldousH
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Oct 2011, 5:03 pm

I've been recently diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, and we're recognized as great advice-givers. So...

Have you considered picking up an alcohol habit? Or maybe to start using opiates? You could get some codeine pretty easy anywhere in the world, and it's a great drug for first-timers! Better yet, just mix the two. This is what I did!

So, I know for a fact that it will make you care a lot less about that girl!

tronist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Oct 2011, 12:12 am

mushroo wrote:
What are your common interests? "Do you want to go to a movie/museum/dinner/coffee/pub/walk in the park with me?" is all you need to say. If you are charming then maybe you can find a more charming way to ask, but if it doesn't come naturally to you, then keep it simple.

You don't need to blurt out all your feelings at once in awkward fashion. Spending time with her shows her that you are interested in spending time with her. :-)

this.

just spend time with her.

do you have her phone number? if not, try to get it.

make sure you smile a LOT when you are around her, like whenever you see her give her an epic smile. there is massive, unbelievable power in smiling, and being smiled at.

try not to go too fast, or be overzealous (being overzealous doesnt work XD), but do try to spend more time with her, and be closer to her. sooner or later you'll have to confess you like her, however :D

dont be afraid! just tell her how you feel, and maybe she'll feel the same way and you'll end up together :D