Page 3 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

DamienScott
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Jan 2012, 7:46 am

MXH wrote:
I got an email today from okc, it mentioned that 4 people have viewed my profile recently. I was so excited till i saw they were all guys.
Thanks okcupid

Oh boy lol. PoF doesn't have that problem luckily.

How do you save the world when the world doesn't want to be saved?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Jan 2012, 7:49 am

MXH wrote:
I got an email today from okc, it mentioned that 4 people have viewed my profile recently. I was so excited till i saw they were all guys.
Thanks okcupid

Least the guys didn't message you. I got more messages from gay guys than women on there

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

DamienScott

12 Jan 2012, 7:57 am

nick007 wrote:
MXH wrote:
Thanks okcupid

Least the guys didn't message you. I got more messages from gay guys than women on there

And I was considering creating an account on there.. >.<

How do you save the world when the world doesn't want to be saved?

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 9:06 am

nick007 wrote:
MXH wrote:
Thanks okcupid

Who says I havent recieved any?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 9:14 am

MXH wrote:
nick007 wrote:
MXH wrote:
Thanks okcupid

You mentioned guys had vied your pro & you didn't mentioned messages. My bad. I mostly attract gay guys on most any site I tried. Perhaps it's because of my non-masculine personality

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 9:26 am

nick007 wrote:
MXH wrote:
nick007 wrote:
MXH wrote:
Thanks okcupid

You mentioned guys had vied your pro & you didn't mentioned messages. My bad. I mostly attract gay guys on most any site I tried. Perhaps it's because of my non-masculine personality

Yea these 4 didnt message me, but the only people that have messaged me have been gay guys.

And for the record, its not that i hate gays. Its just not my thing. If anything i wish 3/4ths of all men were gay. That way thered be more women for me.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 10:36 am

MXH wrote:
nick007 wrote:
MXH wrote:
nick007 wrote:
MXH wrote:
Thanks okcupid

Yea these 4 didnt message me, but the only people that have messaged me have been gay guys.

And for the record, its not that i hate gays. Its just not my thing. If anything i wish 3/4ths of all men were gay. That way thered be more women for me.

The very first field in your profile on OKCupid asks you to indicate your age, relationship status, sexual orientation etc. It's actually the most important part a dating profile and you are supposed to actually say that you're straight in order to indicate to the gay guys that you're not interested in them. I've filled that section in properly and I've never had a problem with gay guys messaging me. In fact, there would be no reason for them to that because their filter settings would allow them to filter out people according to sexual orientation.

Unfortunately, OKCupid caters to gay people too and if your profile says you're gay or bi then you are going to get messages from gay people.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 10:47 am

Jono wrote:
MXH wrote:
nick007 wrote:
MXH wrote:
nick007 wrote:
MXH wrote:
Thanks okcupid

The very first field in your profile on OKCupid asks you to indicate your age, relationship status, sexual orientation etc. It's actually the most important part a dating profile and you are supposed to actually say that you're straight in order to indicate to the gay guys that you're not interested in them. I've filled that section in properly and I've never had a problem with gay guys messaging me. In fact, there would be no reason for them to that because their filter settings would allow them to filter out people according to sexual orientation.

Unfortunately, OKCupid caters to gay people too and if your profile says you're gay or bi then you are going to get messages from gay people.

I had selected straight for my orientation but OKC's filters must of been broken or something & gay guys are very hopeful & tend to message straight people on lots of dating sites I've used

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 11:22 am

what nick said

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 5:19 pm

I got a message from a gay guy once. He said he just wanted to be friends, but I never believe anybody who says they are on a dating site for "just friends". I think they actually mean "with benefits".

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 5:46 pm

I've never had a gay guy message me on there. In fact, I think only 1 or 2 have ever looked at my profile. My friend has never had this problem, either.

I actually ended up seeking out advice on the internet about my profile. Apparently the whole thing was terrible, including my pictures. I actually thought my pictures weren't that bad... After I thought about the advice they gave me, I said screw it and I suspended my profile. I've tried retooling my profile so many times in the past, that it's obviously not going to work. There's no use in becoming Sisyphus.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 5:54 pm

You know I have not tried actually browsing profiles and looking to see if I find anyone who looks intresting enough to messege...maybe that would be a good option I mean I know what I'm looking for more or less and waiting for someone who fits that description to messege me is not working out so well.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 6:16 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
You know I have not tried actually browsing profiles and looking to see if I find anyone who looks intresting enough to messege...maybe that would be a good option I mean I know what I'm looking for more or less and waiting for someone who fits that description to messege me is not working out so well.

If you want results, you should be more active. That should be obvious. But I do not blame you: I used to take the same "passive-aggressive" approach to dating before.

Trigas
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 6:34 pm

I'm not sure I have the intestinal fortitude to really put myself out there like that. :?

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 8:13 pm

OKC is awesome. I met my GF there. We now live together.

You know what's depressing? Match.com. A lot of profiles there are exactly the same:

Hi I'm Trixy! I'm soo pretty and unique! I'm looking for a strong manly man with full body tattoos and a big truck to take me away to his mansion and help me try new things!

And pictures of her in provocative clothes, with a fake orange tan, making a duck face in a bar.

FFS! I'm not sure if they are actually looking for a guy, or trying for an audition for a nasty reality show.

Match = online bar.

OKC is awesome. :)

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 11:09 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:

yes. i didn't usually wait for people to message me as i kinda liked taking the initiative. but not everyone is like that.

even if you don't send a message, visiting someone's profile is a way of grabbing their attention. if they visit your profile after that but don't message you, try going to their profile a second time on another day as it's a way of signalling interest. sorta like finding reasons to accidentally-on-purpose bump into someone in real life.

another signal is to rate them highly, which they can only see if they rate you highly in return. then you both get an automated message and things can flow from there. it's like an icebreaker for the shy people.