possible revalation / finding! (asking for a phone number)

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

tronist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Feb 2012, 8:29 pm

so, instead of the oh-so-typical 'whats your phone number'?, ive been asking if people i was interested in had facebook. thusfar, im 2 for 2 on people saying 'yes' i have facebook, and having them add me after i gave them my info. i think this might be a slightly more socially acceptable way to start talking to someone whom you dont really know all too much, instead of asking for their phone number. it very well could be because these girls were a bit attracted to me, but i think there is still some merit to this approach over asking for phone #s. it seems a bit more 'streamlined' or 'mainstream' or whatever.

give it a try :D you might be surprised. whats the worst they can do? say 'nope' i dont have one? if you shoot them your facebook and they dont have one they might eve make one to talk to you if they are really interested :P. there could be problems with this approach, like if they really dont have a facebook i'd have no idea what to say next. something along the lines of.. 'what about a mobile communications device?' (cell phone lol).

good lucky everyone! i hope everyone finds what they are looking for epic soon, or at the very least, the tools to obtain what it is that they seek :D

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2012, 12:29 am

NO!

If a man is interested in a woman, he should NOT ask for her Facebook account first. He should ask for her phone number first.

You don't want to be just another one of her 500 facebook buddies. You want your interaction with her to be unique and personalized. You want a more closed and personal way of contact, and not in a public social network, where you are just one image in a sea of empty faces.

tronist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Feb 2012, 7:05 am

minervx wrote:
NO!

If a man is interested in a woman, he should NOT ask for her Facebook account first. He should ask for her phone number first.

You don't want to be just another one of her 500 facebook buddies. You want your interaction with her to be unique and personalized. You want a more closed and personal way of contact, and not in a public social network, where you are just one image in a sea of empty faces.
well.. clearly you dont just add them then not talk to them.

im saying facebook first, then ask for the phone number. asking for a facebook add is more casual, and more socially acceptable nowadays, i'd wager. asking for a cell number is more personal, even if facebook seems more personal.

facebook -> talk for a bit -> once then understand you arent a weirdo ask for their phone number -> talk on the phone from then on.

that was my plan of attack. you dont think that is more likely to move things forward than asking for a phone number always? it very well might be situationally dependent, too.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2012, 7:14 am

Facebook may be a good way to see if they're actually interested. Like if they ignore your messages don't bother with asking for a phone number.

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2012, 9:04 am

tronist wrote:
minervx wrote:
NO!

well.. clearly you dont just add them then not talk to them.

im saying facebook first, then ask for the phone number. asking for a facebook add is more casual, and more socially acceptable nowadays, i'd wager. asking for a cell number is more personal, even if facebook seems more personal.

facebook -> talk for a bit -> once then understand you arent a weirdo ask for their phone number -> talk on the phone from then on.

that was my plan of attack. you dont think that is more likely to move things forward than asking for a phone number always? it very well might be situationally dependent, too.

I agree, it get's your foot in the door and allows you to work your way up.

MR20
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2012, 11:32 pm

Facebook is trash. The site is made up of nothing but elitists dicks trying to show how great their life is by showing off how many friends they have and how people they've slept with.

tronist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Feb 2012, 12:03 am

MR20 wrote:
Facebook is trash. The site is made up of nothing but elitists dicks trying to show how great their life is by showing off how many friends they have and how people they've slept with.
this literally couldnt be any more false. made up of nothing but elitists? so.. what.. like 66% of the people in the USA that are under the age of 40 are elitists? (almost everyone has a facebook nowadays)

yea, some people 'farm' friends, but who gives a ****. they arent exactly smart for doing so. its not like these 'friends' are actually their friends, they are just another random face of someone you will never actually talk to. not everyone uses facebook like this. i sure dont. i could care less if i only had 10 friends on my facebook. the number is irrelevant. i use it to communicate with people whom i care about, thats about it.

and i have literally never seen anyone post ANY sort of posts stating how many people they've slept with. this is flat out wrong.

is facebook as a whole something that is probably negative? probably. its the most idiot proof FREE-SPYING technique the police, CIA, and FBI would ever have to use. what do you like, where do you live, who are your friends, etc. are all things that are very valuable to multiple people, especially those interested in crime prevention, and business endeavors.

doesnt mean im going to stop using it. you just have to be mindful of what you are saying, and thats really not that hard.

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 3:45 pm

minervx wrote:
NO!

Unless it's a sticky situation and the girl in question happens to be your ex-girlfriend's old roommate, whose number you never got but you spent a fair bit of time with.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 4:00 pm

tronist wrote:
MR20 wrote:
this literally couldnt be any more false. made up of nothing but elitists? so.. what.. like 66% of the people in the USA that are under the age of 40 are elitists? (almost everyone has a facebook nowadays)

yea, some people 'farm' friends, but who gives a ****. they arent exactly smart for doing so. its not like these 'friends' are actually their friends, they are just another random face of someone you will never actually talk to. not everyone uses facebook like this. i sure dont. i could care less if i only had 10 friends on my facebook. the number is irrelevant. i use it to communicate with people whom i care about, thats about it.

and i have literally never seen anyone post ANY sort of posts stating how many people they've slept with. this is flat out wrong.

is facebook as a whole something that is probably negative? probably. its the most idiot proof FREE-SPYING technique the police, CIA, and FBI would ever have to use. what do you like, where do you live, who are your friends, etc. are all things that are very valuable to multiple people, especially those interested in crime prevention, and business endeavors.

doesnt mean im going to stop using it. you just have to be mindful of what you are saying, and thats really not that hard.

Don't take the bait. Seriously.. don't. You won't win. You can't.

rabbittss
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 4:24 pm

I've had far more luck with this tactic than with the phone number tactic..

But that's because I hate talking on the telephone. HATE.

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 5:13 pm

MR20 wrote:

Whilst the bragging of sleeping with people is slightly false. I do agree about the "How many friends I have" thing.

Got rid of mine as I just didn't use it...I would say a phone number would be a better choice.

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 2:06 pm

That's funny. I got onn Facebook to locate some of my HS & College friends from decades ago. It worked!
Personally I only have a few friends & I don't care. That is probably more "elitist" I suppose. But your characterization is not only in error, its HIGHLY offensive!

Sincerely,
Matthew

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 2:57 pm

My phone number is 666, ring me anytime and I'll be happy to convert... I mean converse with you.

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."