Stick with Plenty of Fish or OKCupid.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 2:38 pm

shrox wrote:
Ripoff ripoff ripoff.

Is Plenty of Fish less stale than OKC? My problem with OKC was that its frozen; you see the same faces for at least a couple years and, if you get no replies from the people you had interested in, its time to sit it out and wait that long before trying again. :?

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 2:41 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
shrox wrote:
Ripoff ripoff ripoff.

Is Plenty of Fish less stale than OKC? My problem with OKC was that its frozen; you see the same faces for at least a couple years and, if you get no replies from the people you had interested in, its time to sit it out and wait that long before trying again. :?

Well, free frozen fish, or pay for an empty plate? I found the same area people on almost all the sites, pay or free!

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 2:45 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
it can definitely work to sign up for eHarmony. but if you hav money to burn you may be better off getting a few therapy sessions to learn to build up some confidence. that will give you results that you can use online AND in real life.

I've been going to therapy for a couple years now. It's hard for me to make progress because I still can't see any distinction between confidence and arrogance...

because there is no difference. Confidence is made up term to talk of someone that has that cocky arrogance about himself.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 2:53 pm

I guess it depends on what you are confident of being able to accomplish. Confident of getting anyone into bed? Or confident of being able to intitiate and sustain a conversation? The former is a little egomanical, the latter is an important life skill that might also get you a date.

Last edited by simon_says on 07 Mar 2012, 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 2:54 pm

MXH wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
it can definitely work to sign up for eHarmony. but if you hav money to burn you may be better off getting a few therapy sessions to learn to build up some confidence. that will give you results that you can use online AND in real life.

I've been going to therapy for a couple years now. It's hard for me to make progress because I still can't see any distinction between confidence and arrogance...

because there is no difference. Confidence is made up term to talk of someone that has that cocky arrogance about himself.

lol. no.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 3:13 pm

anna-banana wrote:
MXH wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

lol. no.

How about instead of saying no you give a real answer?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 3:14 pm

No online dating site is worth the effort, really.

If you're trying okcupid then you're trying the best one.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 3:28 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
No online dating site is worth the effort, really.

If you're trying okcupid then you're trying the best one.

Mmmm.....yeah....that doesn't bode particularly well.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 Mar 2012, 7:01 pm

I tried eHarmony a few years ago & I COMPLETELY WASTED at least an hour going through their CR@P personality test & I FAILED the test. I bet lots of people who don't have matches could be matched with other people they don't have matches for if they would let them join.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 1:02 am

Oh boy, my friend got the worst girlfriend of his life on eharmony. So on the anecdotal evidence of my friend's situation, I'd say no.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 1:04 am

ToadOfSteel wrote:
But I don't know anyone in real life...

Go outside, make friends and stuff by talking to people.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 6:09 am

I'd pay the money if it was like, less than $10/month but it's not.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 8:19 am

Something funny, I'm actually starting to get the impression that women't immediate take on me is starting to change, it used to be pretty close to an immediate impression that I was shifty, immature, the kind of guy who'd work at taco bell and spend his paychecks on pot, huff paint and steal credit cards, and it took an incredible amount of work to power my way through that and have them realize it wasn't who I was. All of a sudden, I don't know, must be a few more rinkles or I'm not looking quite as babyfaced anymore but, I'm getting reacted to little by little more like a good christian yuppy. On one side its kind of good news, it may not quite be the same uphill battle it once was but this is just a reminder to the guys out there who pound on themselves about not getting dates - you're trying to reckon with nature, nature has no logic, and the dumbest thing could happen that would make you attractive. Don't hold it against women, they can't help it and likewise I'm sure we're every bit as bad, hold it against the universe if anything, but really - if you're stuck by yourself and can't get a normal reaction from people - don't worry, just do your thing, grow as strong as you can in yourself, and who knows, something may change in how you come off.

Yeah, I know that was slightly off topic but I thought I should offer that as side-knowledge with some of the 'Just get out' advice, ie. try it but if it still doesn't work don't drive yourself insane trying to find fault with yourself.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 10:31 am

I did their questionnaire for fun and got rejected.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2012, 11:36 am

shrox wrote:

Or none.