Page 4 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

BlackImage
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Dec 2013, 7:13 am

I used eharmony a year ago. its was a waste of my money and time. I met a guy from gk2gk over 2 years ago, still friends with him. Met a guy off oasis, still friends.
Met one guy from star trek passions lead to nothing cos he was over sensitive in me saying humor and personality is why i didn't want a relationship with him and cos i said 'humor and personality' he thought i didn't like him as a friend. I felt he was mad cos he got 'friend-zoned'. I've talked to my mum about him, my mum thinks it wouldn't worked out.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 1:40 am

1000Knives wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
Tequila wrote:
shrox wrote:
Stick with Plenty of Fish or OKCupid.

Or none.

How will I get a girlfriend then? I don't know any woamn in that age group in real life, and certainly not anyone that would actually want to be with me... online is my only hope.

Go outside. Find a club for something you like in the area. If you just want to meet completely random women, even the grocery store isn't bad at all. Just go outside, why/how are you gonna get a girlfriend if you have NO friends IRL, and don't talk to anyone IRL?

You fail to take into account the social scene in isolated areas. There is no where to go to meet people except church. Also, conformity is a must in rural communities. If you are weird, hell no. Basically what I am saying is, mathematically, someone with AS is not likely to find someone locally unless they live in a bigger city or they are obsessed with the things that normal, country people are obsessed with. There aren't enough like-minded people. You can talk to people all day long but not find a good connection. That is the story of my life.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 1:53 am

buffinator wrote:
question in response to someone saying you can meet people at the grocer... um how? could you outline a situation where that would work? I've seen girls I wanted to flirt with at the grocer before and havn't done it because I was worried about being accused of harassment. How do you transition an interaction in a place/ person not associated with meeting someone and get them to give you a line of communication?

Make eye contact and smile at the women who you walk past. Look for the body language signs that they might want to flirt with you. Find a way to be in the same check out line as them. Strike up a conversation at the check out line....

The reason I am saying this is because I just had such an encounter in a grocery store a few days ago, the first time that has happened to me in my life. First came the body language, then being in the same checkout line, then the subtle invitation to converse. I did not like the way she looked so I did not take the bait.