Just started an okcupid account and...

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2012, 7:03 pm

I am worried people might think I was a pervert, I don't have a picture up yet. I was going to use the camera on my computer and do that tomorrow. Then I saw that people could see when I visited their page, which I didn't know would show up. I even looked at 98% enemy just because I was curious.

Tonight I will probably fill out the summary information.

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2012, 7:13 pm

I'd recommend a pic of you in Speedos and a perm. Borrow a lion and a Trans Am.

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2012, 7:14 pm

sarcasm is confusing

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2012, 7:14 pm

You can browse anonymously but then you won't see your visitors

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2012, 7:21 pm

Just post a natural picture, preferably with good lighting (otherwise you could give a creepy vibe). Just keep it at a friendly level, the sexual stuff can come later, when you get to know somebody. I made that mistake, but mom fixed it for me. I have a boyfriend now, just keep trying :)

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2012, 7:39 pm

Just be safe on the internet.

I think I won't look into that website but it seems some people do get success on there at least.

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Mar 2012, 10:44 pm

I hazzzzzz one of those...but not posting it, but I've talked to some cool and some REAL PERVS from there...I've even met 2. Although neither worked out, interesting experience. Good luck. From a girl's perspective...I look at the match % and take that half seriously, then I see how often they reply and what they say. Be natural. read what they say, and ask interesting questions and just put a picture of yourself. Unless you are terribly ugly or have some hideous deformity, you should be fine. :)

tsukaima
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Mar 2012, 1:08 pm

While there are some weirdos on OKC in both genders, I find the site useful...

For example, there was a girl that I knew in college 9 years ago... we got along great, and she even gave me chocolates on valentine's day.... I wrote in my journal that if I didn't ask her out while we were still in a class together, I'd regret it the rest of my life.... Well, I didn't ask her out.

The upshot? She just showed up as a very high match% (well over 90%) on OKCupid.... So I messaged her. Now, if only she will ever log back in to the site and see my message!

Alienboy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Mar 2012, 1:23 pm

I always thought the whole "enemy %/friend%" matching system was just stupid and completely inaccurate. Plenty of Fish sucks too...but at least it doesn't tell you things like this girl is 67% your enemy or this guy is 43% your friend. That is stupid.

GDOBSSOR
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Mar 2012, 2:22 pm

I've been on okcupid since 2009 now. Just pick some nice scenery, like a forest or something, and smile and take the pic. Don't worry about people thinking you're weird. The biggie really is messaging - don't be too generic with your messaging. If you just message someone with "Hey, what's up", well, a fencepost could do that, so it's not really going to make someone want to respond. Have a read of their profile and go on something you find interesting e.g. Dungeons and Dragons (although not everyone likes that).

DanRaccoon
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2012, 4:22 am

Just have an avvy with you on a flash sports car. That'll get you messages.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanRaccoon