I see relationships as pointless.

Page 2 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

blunnet
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2012, 11:56 pm

Quote:
Why do people think having sex makes them successful?

Because people are idiots.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 3:57 am

Uri wrote:
mds_02 wrote:
Simply not true. I'm not particularly good-looking (by most people's standards), and I'm about as broke as a guy can be, but I still managed to get exactly the kind of woman I wanted.

Somehow I don't really believe you. Maybe you go after women that you are not completely attracted to.

Why would I bother? Hell, I've caught flak, right in this very section, for talking about how I wouldn't date anyone I wasn't attracted to, and how I would leave a relationship if I lost that attraction.

Also, I'm a pretty mellow guy. There's not much that upsets me. But one thing will, every time. Insulting her. And you're edging awfully close to that.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 4:07 am

blunnet wrote:
mds_02 wrote:
Simply not true. I'm not particularly good-looking (by most people's standards), and I'm about as broke as a guy can be, but I still managed to get exactly the kind of woman I wanted.

well, as they say "Pics or It Didn't Happen".

Sure.

That's her, that's me on the left.

You can't see my face too well in that picture, so here's another shot of my face from a similar angle so you know it's really me in the other pic. I used this as my avatar for a while, some might remember it.

Kinda ridiculous that a statement like "I have a girlfriend that I like" needs to be proven, but there ya go.

Modest Mouse - The View

Last edited by mds_02 on 15 Jul 2012, 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 4:09 am

Psychocandy wrote:
For my entire life, I've always thought "love" and relationships were boring, restrictive, and nothing but trouble.

Um... so why are you in a "Love and Dating" group then? Do you also visit dating sites just to tell people you're not interested? ;)

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 4:10 am

mds_02 wrote:
Uri wrote:
mds_02 wrote:

Somehow I don't really believe you. Maybe you go after women that you are not completely attracted to.

Why would I bother? Hell, I've caught flak, right in this very section, for talking about how I wouldn't date anyone I wasn't attracted to, and how I would leave a relationship if I lost that attraction.

Also, I'm a pretty mellow guy. There's not much that upsets me. But one thing will, every time. Insulting her. And you're edging awfully close to that.

You're good people and never have I seen you being a bs-er. (my endorsement is just about as good as Dick Cheney's but there it is)

I think maybe some people are threatened by the idea that you don't have to be perfect to find someone perfect for you...because if that's true, what's their excuse.

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 4:13 am

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
mds_02 wrote:
Uri wrote:
mds_02 wrote:

You're good people and never have I seen you being a bs-er. (my endorsement is just about as good as Dick Cheney's but there it is)

I think maybe some people are threatened by the idea that you don't have to be perfect to find someone perfect for you...because if that's true, what's their excuse.

Thank you.

And I agree about people refusing to believe that one does not have to be perfect to find love.

Modest Mouse - The View

Gnonymouse
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Jul 2012, 11:18 am

Bio_Info_Seeker wrote:

Motivations are not logical, they may seem logical, but if you deconstruct them you will find a feeling at the root of them.

Most people enjoy sex, money, and love and so if you do not have them in your life they assume you are unsuccessful at obtaining them. In most cases, this generalization is correct.

Psychocandy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jul 2012, 1:54 pm

BlueMax wrote:
Psychocandy wrote:
For my entire life, I've always thought "love" and relationships were boring, restrictive, and nothing but trouble.

Um... so why are you in a "Love and Dating" group then? Do you also visit dating sites just to tell people you're not interested? ;)

If you actually read my post, you would have read that I was asking a question: Why do people even date in the first place? It's too much hassle.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 2:06 pm

Psychocandy wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
Psychocandy wrote:

If you actually read my post, you would have read that I was asking a question: Why do people even date in the first place? It's too much hassle.

I was just giving you a little ribbing on the silliness of it. People date for all kinds of reasons from sex to love, those reasons being more important than the inconvenience of not doing everything you want to do.

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 2:37 pm

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:

Sounds about right.

It's just funny, because it's so obvious. In some species it's true, only the highest status individuals get to mate and reproduce. But that's certainly never been the case for humans. In fact, average number of children is inversely proportional to socioeconomic status, not the other way around, globally and across all cultures.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 3:04 pm

edgewaters wrote:
It's just funny, because it's so obvious. In some species it's true, only the highest status individuals get to mate and reproduce. But that's certainly never been the case for humans. In fact, average number of children is inversely proportional to socioeconomic status, not the other way around, globally and across all cultures.

hee hee... sounds like the intro to the movie, "Idiocracy"! Look at Clevon go! *family tree bubbles*

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 8:22 pm

Psychocandy wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
Psychocandy wrote:

i think it is only hassle is you are doing lots of "first dates" with different people. most of my relationships formed as a smooth natural progression from friendship, so no "dating" was really required.

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2012, 8:53 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
Psychocandy wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
Psychocandy wrote:

i think it is only hassle is you are doing lots of "first dates" with different people. most of my relationships formed as a smooth natural progression from friendship, so no "dating" was really required.

Same. Dating is too awkward and weird for me. Never been interested, wouldn't want to be succesful at it. It doesn't seem to have ever been popular in any of the social circles I travelled in, either, back when I had such things. People hooked up with people they knew for relationships (although I suppose that is a sort of dating, but it isn't cold dating), and went home together after parties/bars/clubs for casual sex. Can't say many people ever dated, from what I could tell.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 5:36 pm

It's just that your brain is not wired to think that way. So you'll probably never fully understand why other people fuss over love, sex or relationships. I do understand how you feel though. I used to think like you when I was on the contraceptive pills. So I think it's mostly the chemical balance in your body. I think you are lucky.

Quote:

Because that's what they desire so strongly that getting it makes them feel successful. You never had that urge, so you don't understand it. I personally don't understand it either because to me having a strong emotional bond with someone is more important than just having sex, so having sex itself does not make me feel any better about myself. But for some, especially for men, the physical aspect of sex is all they desire.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 6:43 pm

Just like life.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2012, 6:51 pm

mds_02 wrote:
Uri wrote:
mds_02 wrote:

I can confirm that as the truth .