Page 1 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2019, 4:30 pm

I’m going only swipe right in bigger less attractive women near by, and swipe left on thin attractive ones and ones outside of 10 miles.

Think it’ll help?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Apr 2019, 4:41 pm

I think it'll help more to just swipe rite on everyone & then chat with whoever is willing to swipe right on you but what do I know. I didn't use the swiping thing when I used dating sites. I just sent out plenty of messages & almost noone replied & then noone would ever reply a 2nd time.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2019, 5:00 pm

nick007 wrote:
I think it'll help more to just swipe rite on everyone & then chat with whoever is willing to swipe right on you but what do I know. I didn't use the swiping thing when I used dating sites. I just sent out plenty of messages & almost noone replied & then noone would ever reply a 2nd time.

If you do that the site hides your profile and you won’t ever show up in the que for women. It’s probably why I don’t ever get a single match from tinder. They’ve hidden ,y profile.
Now women can only see your messages if you’ve both swiped right on each other.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2019, 5:45 pm

What is swiping? :roll:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2019, 5:51 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

It’s how dating works now.
There’s a picture of a person, brief summary about them and you swipe right to like them left to pass on them. Then another person pops up , there’s a queen of people for you. ,ost let you swip as many a day you want. Tinder limits you to 50 or something
If they like you too you match and can message each other,

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2019, 5:57 pm

sly279 wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

There’s a picture of a person, brief summary about them and you swipe right to like them left to pass on them. Then another person pops up , there’s a queen of people for you. ,ost let you swip as many a day you want. Tinder limits you to 50 or something

8O You sweep swipe them away?
Jeez -- that's not very good for the self-esteem. No wonder you feel blue sometimes.

I'd stick to meeting people in real life as much as possible -- but I know you've heard that before.

Quickly and off-topic, how's your grandma?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2019, 6:14 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
sly279 wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

8O You sweep swipe them away?
Jeez -- that's not very good for the self-esteem. No wonder you feel blue sometimes.

I'd stick to meeting people in real life as much as possible -- but I know you've heard that before.

Quickly and off-topic, how's your grandma?

People sweep me away, no one ever swipes right on me :(

The thin attractive women wouldn’t date me anyways, thin attractive women with fat men only happens in movies.

Women in public ignore me, I’m not worth their time even few seconds of it.
I never met anyone in person. I tried going to social event for aspies but was ignored there too and left to sit alone in the corner and watch everyone else chat and have fun.
Some days I really just wish I’d die like today. Just being laying in bed all day crying.
Haven’t drank a thing all day so feel dry and thirsty.

I don’t really know, shes back home. We aren’t close anymore haven’t been for years since that fIrate surgery.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2019, 6:18 pm

Have you tried other dating sites outside tinder....maybe some of those would work better. Some others may not have so much focus on the whole 'swiping' aspect, which may be better.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2019, 8:51 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Have you tried other dating sites outside tinder....maybe some of those would work better. Some others may not have so much focus on the whole 'swiping' aspect, which may be better.

Yes this is how they all work now, OkCupid, pof, tinder, bumble, etc.
Much like how all the games are trying to copy fortnight l dating sites are trying to copy tinder. It’s sad.

Only pof still allows you to message befor being matched, I think it still does anyways.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2019, 9:04 pm

It won't work. Even if you do match up, by specifically choosing women you're judging to be "low-tier", you'll be unhappy with them even if they do fall for you.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2019, 12:21 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
It won't work. Even if you do match up, by specifically choosing women you're judging to be "low-tier", you'll be unhappy with them even if they do fall for you.

What if he accepts that he's also "low-tier" and this it only makes sense to pursue women in the same bracket as he apparently can't improve.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2019, 12:39 am

Even many of those may still want a six pack model.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2019, 1:05 am

Sabreclaw wrote:

Alternative optimistic version, he finds someone who clicks with him that while not the most physically attractive is a great companion.

I've never tried these dating apps, so I don't have any relevant advice. Friend of mine swiped right on everyone and it worked for him, but he was also jacked.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2019, 1:13 am

Sweetleaf wrote:

Scroll & "swipe" gestures are lowbrow psychological tricks to make everyone ignore each other in favor of embellished online avatars, then they sell all the data recorded from the apps to advertisers, all while trying to make you pay them.

No one who runs an online dating service necessarily cares about the people on it.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2019, 1:40 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Even many of those may still want a six pack model.

Most do , but i dont know what else to do.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2019, 1:44 am

No one who thinks an app knows what they want, knows what they want.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen: