So I actually talked to a cute girl.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

CryptoNerd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Apr 2016, 9:21 am

Last night I actually talked to a cute girl while we were waiting in line at Dairy Queen. I was there with the other residents of my group home and she was there with her four-year-old son. I said hi to her, and we had a friendly conversation. I didn't ask for her number or anything, but that was okay; the important thing is I was brave enough to talk to her. I used to avoid attractive women like the plague; now I'm approaching them and talking to them with confidence. I feel so happy about that. :) I don't have to start asking girls out yet; I can just take it one step at a time. I don't know, just felt like sharing. Feel free to share your stories if you're working on overcoming approach anxiety too.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2016, 9:51 am

I'm still working on overcoming approach anxiety and I will likely be single until I can figure that out. Even if a girl comes up to talk to me then the anxiety makes my autistic traits show through more, for example I have more trouble maintaining eye contact and expressing emotion.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2016, 9:53 am

I think that's cool.

CryptoNerd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Apr 2016, 10:59 am

I talked to another cute girl yesterday. I was at the bagel shop, and she had just started working there. I smiled at her while I was in line, and she smiled back at me. It wasn't the obligatory friendly smile that generally indicates that a girl is not interested in you; it was almost involuntary, almost giggling. I think I might have a chance with her, and I'm starting to feel more confident with each encounter.

lordfakename
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Apr 2016, 11:14 am

CryptoNerd wrote:
I talked to another cute girl yesterday. I was at the bagel shop, and she had just started working there. I smiled at her while I was in line, and she smiled back at me. It wasn't the obligatory friendly smile that generally indicates that a girl is not interested in you; it was almost involuntary, almost giggling. I think I might have a chance with her, and I'm starting to feel more confident with each encounter.

Go for it you charmer :)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2016, 1:11 am

Too much bagels will make you fat.

CryptoNerd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Apr 2016, 8:33 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Too much bagels will make you fat.