Does anyone actually look for woman with a personality?

Page 1 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 10:00 am

I see many "I can't get a date" or "I like someone but they don't like me" posts...but does anyone look for someone with a unique personality or something akin to their own/a personality that they find interesting to cope with?

I will forever wait in this case but I am sadly picky about it (call my looks, interests and problems all you want, but the woman of my dreams would see past my flaws, and me for her).

I am sure many woman here are unique themselves or else why'd they even be here chatting (or mocking) the males. :wink: :lol:

Would be interesting to know if you guys have the willpower to wait until you find someone who is more akin to your personality/a comparable one rather then just find a random girl you just like the look of.

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 10:12 am

My philosophy IS to look for someone who is unique personality-wise. That hasn't helped me at all any more than going after someone for looks has.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 10:15 am

I would rather be with women with certain personalities rather than other certain personalities.

I personally like the shy, quiet types. The genuinely shy, quiet types. Not those who fake shyness.

And this is because it's often the case that they're more genuine and less fake than other types. And less drama and none of the mind games.

From my own personal observations, of course.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 10:27 am

i do not care about a girls personality much. in some cases their personality is equal to heavy luggage, and i can not be bothered sorting through such baggage so i do not invite them to stay.

if i understand and can talk to a girl without feeling the urge to irritate them, then i may care about their personality, but it really does not matter because i do not look for involvement with other people anyway.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 10:35 am

I'd LOVE to find a computer, sci-fi, goofball like me! A pipe dream, but it'd be nice! Yes, an actual personality rather than sheeple with a shoe collection...

Just finding a gal that doesn't snarl like an angry dog would be a big step up for me...

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 11:07 am

BlueMax wrote:
I'd LOVE to find a computer, sci-fi, goofball like me! A pipe dream, but it'd be nice! Yes, an actual personality rather than sheeple with a shoe collection...

Just finding a gal that doesn't snarl like an angry dog would be a big step up for me...

I hear that, Max.

They often snarl at the wrong guys. :?

b9
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 11:14 am

here is a scene i wrote between a male and female computer consciousness (according to the capacity of their chips), and the female entity is dangerously overclocked, and in the end, another chip that she suspects of having a virus (after his well crafted delivery of a word salad) prompts her into a cyclic redundcancy routine that degenerates into gibberish as her reboot routine constantly fails as she recites her error log dump, and she eventually runs out of bios energy.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rraeyz5WJo8&list=UUpB1H594Ek2H_hWBxJ7ja7g&index=40[/youtube]

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 11:41 am

haha, :D that's adorable.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 1:19 pm

DialAForAwesome wrote:
BlueMax wrote:

I hear that, Max.

They often snarl at the wrong guys. :?

(And for the inevitable responses - no, not all women are like this. Sheesh. There's too many though.)

Now back to happy, silly fun time! :D

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 1:41 pm

i do. Where i live theres plenty of attractive girls, but a big lack of fun girls with a good personality.

Home
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Dec 2012, 3:04 pm

Being attracted to girls based largely on their appearance has always come back to bite me in the ass.

Were wired to like them (even baby's have been found to spend more time looking at physically attractive people)

The problem is your so mesmerized you glaze over all their less desirable quality's.

It's only when the enchantment wears off (usually after I do something stupid and we've become distant) that I realize what a pain in the neck they can be in other respects.

I defiantly recommend liking someone for their personality. Though obviously you have to find them in some way physically attractive (and I would consider most people to be attractive in their own way).

I would actually shy away from people I find very physically attractive I know I won't see their personality beyond there appearance and that will just get me in trouble.

That said it takes a long time to see any ones really personalty (not just the on they express outwardly) and even longer to find a girl with a personality you really click with.

Not sure I quite have the patients to just wait till the right one comes along.

abyssquick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Dec 2012, 3:28 pm

Yes. You definitely want a woman with personality. It's just those are also high-risk personalities in general, so tread carefully

Evinceo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Dec 2012, 7:53 pm

I've never understood what people meant when they treat "personality" as a quantifiable thing.

That said, I usually have crushes on people who's personalities match up with mine (to the best of my knowledge at the time). I've also flagged people as 'no relationship with you ever' based on personality traits.

Then again, I have strange taste.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 8:19 pm

I have not been treated the same way, so I don't see why I should not be able to judge harshly over trivial things and have "standards". There don't seem to be too many people out there with good personalities as it is.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 8:52 pm

Well every woman has a personality, it's just a question of what kind! I personally look for women with a personality similar to my own, although that can be hard to find....in 27 years I can't say that I've ever met anyone that was like me lol. But yeah, personality and common interests are two of the most important factors romantically in my opinion.

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 9:26 pm

I could describe the personality of every woman I have been strongly attracted to, although I probably couldn't tell you what she looked like. While I do appreciate an appealing face, that will only take you so far. If you can't have a meaningful conversation, or enjoy playful sparing with her, it's gonna get awfully boring really fast.

I guess there are certain personalities that I am more drawn to than others. I don't deal well with people who are certain they have all the answers and that they are right in all cases. I enjoy people who have an appreciation for the absurdities of life, who don't take things too seriously, yet understand that there are some things in life that demand intensely serious passion.

I suspect many people are more influenced by personality than they think. Yes, I'm sure that there are some pretty shallow people out there, but actually I think most people, in the end, make choices based more on personality than on looks. And if they don't, they end up suffering for it.