'The Undateables' - UK TV series

Page 1 of 20 [ 315 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2013, 9:57 am

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-undateables/4od

"The second series of The Undateables follows the journeys of several extraordinary singletons as they enter the dating circuit in pursuit of love. From a doctor of psychology with dwarfism to a young man with Tourette's, to an office worker with Down's Syndrome, the show follows them as they enter the world of blind dates, matchmaking and speed-dating."

"Twenty-six-year-old Michael is determined to find someone to love, but is struggling to hold down a relationship. Despite having had 17 girlfriends in the past, some of whom lasted only a few days, his autism means that even holding a conversation with a girl can be a huge challenge.

He goes to a speed-dating evening and then, after a pep talk from his mum, he pulls out all the stops on a blind date with Helen.

Twenty-one-year-old Brent, from Plymouth, has been single for nearly a year since coming out of a long-term relationship. Meeting girls can be hard when he doesn't know what might come out of his mouth on a date. Brent's Tourette's syndrome includes shouting, swearing and involuntary movements, but dating can help with his condition. He goes on a date with Lizzie and they then go snow-boarding.

Sarah from Hertfordshire was 18 when she suffered a stroke during an English lesson. Three and a half years later, she has a condition called expressive aphasia which makes communication extremely difficult. Any kind of social interaction is a huge challenge, let alone dating. Sarah goes boating with city worker Gary; could he be the man she's been looking for?"

This is an interesting programme that's just started it's second series in the UK, on Channel 4.

Most people think the term 'Undateables' is bad and I tend to agree - it's rather offensive and untrue as many of the people in the show have had partners in the past. As often happens with programmes like these though, there's an element of sensationalism.

There seem to be more autistic/Asperger people in this 2nd series

I wondered what peoples' opinion was of Michael

Also, Sarah's problems are similar to the difficulties of Aspergers in a way, in terms of her not being able to communicate in the expected manner.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2013, 12:03 pm

Lol wow - a lot of interest being shown there!

Moaning about how generally hateful men/women are in the dating game is evidently far more interesting...

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2013, 12:11 pm

Tried to watch it but "The service is not currently available in your area." (I'm in the US)

Seems interesting though.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2013, 12:22 pm

Yuzu wrote:
Tried to watch it but "The service is not currently available in your area." (I'm in the US)

:( Oh, I thought it would be viewable by anyone as you don't have to pay to watch it

It may be put on YouTube at some point possibly

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2013, 12:41 pm

nessa238 wrote:
:( Oh, I thought it would be viewable by anyone as you don't have to pay to watch it

It's only available to people in the UK (and possibly Ireland).

I'm downloading a torrent of the show in HD, and I'll have a copy of it up on YouTube eventually.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2013, 12:55 pm

Yuzu wrote:

I watched last season through foxyproxy and a UK based proxy, it wasnt that complicated, just putting that out there(several tutorials on how to use foxyproxy online and its only a firefox addon not a program you have to download)

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2013, 12:55 pm

Tequila wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

It's only available to people in the UK (and possibly Ireland).

I'm downloading a torrent of the show in HD, and I'll have a copy of it up on YouTube eventually.

Ok, I didn't know that - I thought it was only the BBC who restricted access to people outside the UK/Ireland
due to the licence fee

Thanks for uploading it :D

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2013, 1:23 pm

spongy wrote:
I watched last season through foxyproxy and a UK based proxy, it wasnt that complicated, just putting that out there(several tutorials on how to use foxyproxy online and its only a firefox addon not a program you have to download)

This as well. I haven't seen this episode actually, so I might watch it later tonight if I manage to finish the first series of Grumpy Old Men.

Kaufmancab51
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Jan 2013, 2:37 pm

The aspergers guy way ok, but he didn't like the woman that he was compatible with because of her shape.

I'm sorry, but the higher up in age, I think people have got to quit being as picky as usual when settling down. You may not likely find a hot single woman in their 30s.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2013, 2:55 pm

Right, it's converting from MKV to MP4. Then it will go up on YouTube.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2013, 3:04 pm

Michael is kind of obsessed with finding love, but he builds castles on clouds. his feet are not on the ground. i can relate to that as many of my own early dating experiences were very similar. it scares some people away, really. i am happy he found someone to click with, though. she seemed to mirror his intensity, and perhaps that is the key. it worked for me eventually too ^_^

that speed dating agency is a good idea.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2013, 3:42 pm

This is going to take a long time. It will be ready by tomorrow morning, probably.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2013, 4:09 pm

torrented... watching soon

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2013, 4:54 pm

Yeah I got the whole "you can't watch this because you're not in England!! !!1111" error as well. Can't even use torrents either because they're terribly slow on my computer.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2013, 5:22 pm

DialAForAwesome wrote:
Yeah I got the whole "you can't watch this because you're not in England!! !!1111" error as well. Can't even use torrents either because they're terribly slow on my computer.

It's only ~100MB... set it to download overnight or something.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2013, 5:24 pm

BlueMax wrote:
It's only ~100MB... set it to download overnight or something.

I'm uploading a 720p MP4 version to YouTube.

DialAForAwesome: Search for UK proxies until you find one that works. I should have this up by tomorrow morning (UK time).