Page 2 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Cadeyrn
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 May 2005, 12:16 am

I never went to prom, despite one of my friends just trying to set me up with one of her friends and others pressuring me. I was just in the insanely misanthropic angsty nihlist phase of being 18... okay, and I'm extremly self-concious.

To be honest, though, it didn't seem very appealing and from what I heard I didn't miss much. Besides, I'd have ended up being the guy in the corner losing his religion.

KingChaosNinja
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 May 2005, 7:14 pm

Cadeyrn wrote:
I was just in the insanely misanthropic angsty nihlist phase of being 18.

I resent that statement. Being 18 doesn't make you a misanthropic angsty nihlist, and it's definatly not a phase.

*I picked this username 4 years ago when I was in high school. Don't hold it against me.

Cadeyrn
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 May 2005, 9:06 pm

KingChaosNinja wrote:
I resent that statement. Being 18 doesn't make you a misanthropic angsty nihlist, and it's definatly not a phase.

No, but at 18, I was misanthropic, angsty, and kind of nihilistic. I grew out of it and have simmered down to being a cynical brooding 21-year old.

I was also being a tad sarcastic.

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2005, 7:59 am

I went to my senior prom with a friend who was def. weird but prob. not AS. . . I hated the dance, but it was nice b.c. outside the hall was a great place for anyone who wanted to just chat or walk around. I didn't mind a couple slow dances though, just for fun. I wasn't popular, but a lot of people liked me (the bullies stopped at 9th grade, when I reached 6'3 and 260 pds of beefcake) so it was an enjoyable experience, other than all the faster dances.

BlackLiger
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2005, 11:20 am

Lucky promethius (ironic name really :P first 4 letters)
BULLY: Ha, Geek
You: *Splat* Shut up

:P

TaliDaRadical
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jun 2005, 4:29 pm

Quote:
Prom is for all the snobs, jocks and comittee nuts (people who join all these school organizations so they can look important). These are the same kinds of people who are most likely to pick on us (aspies). I was so alienated and tortured by these people that I wanted to take them out or scare them really bad. Don't go to their proms and feed their egos...they don't give a crap about anyone but themselves and getting laid.

Hey, that's not nice. I'm a jock, newspaper kid and a member of the student organization and so is everybody I know. They're really nice, not like the crackheads or goth dropouts at all. And I'm the only Autie in my grade to boot. :P

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2005, 2:38 pm

pizzaboss wrote:
I went to the Prom with a group of friends and I had an enjoyable time, despite not having a date.

Since our school doesn't believe in prom, we had a special night where the juniors and seniors (eleventh and twelvth grade) had a really nice banquet and hung out. I went with a bunch of my friends (five other girls, one guy) and it was really fun. We were able to talk during dinner and we're all fairly close friends.

Despite what both my parents said, I also brought my journal along and locked myself for about ten to fifteen mintues in the bathroom (it was a really nice bathroom) to get away from people for a few minutes. I didn't miss much according to my friends.

It also seems like none of the guys would want to go out with me. I'm not very social, and most of the guys who I hang out with either have their girlfriends already or we're just friends. So, I didn't go with a date. If we'd had dancing, I would have probably been able to find someone to dance with (if I could manage dancing in my two inch heels, that is!).

YellowBird
Raven
Raven

29 Jul 2005, 6:05 pm

I didn't go to prom. I dropped out the first quarter of my senior year after being diagnosed with AS. I got my GED shortly after. I still don't see what all the hype is about prom. All it is is a dance. Nevermind the fact that I don't dance and hate socializing (except with friends.) Even if I had gone, it would've been alone (and a waste of money.)

aaronkt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jul 2005, 10:46 pm

I almost did not go to prom my junior year. I couldn't find a date and I had no car. Fortunately, a special ed teacher was able to hook me up with a girl who was even more shy than I was. Hey, it was better than nothing. Fortunately, I went to my senior prom with a friend who graduated a year before me and get this, she was a cheerleader. My mom told me that half the guys in there were probably jealous. That was probably the last time we were really close as friends.

NoMore
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2005, 10:54 pm

I never went to a prom.

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2005, 11:36 pm

Hell,I'm not going to the prom at all!

:D SpaceCase :D

Purplefluffychainsaw
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jul 2005, 2:31 pm

Heh. I ended up going to the prom alone. I asked a guy from my Youth Theater that I had a crush on to come with me (leaving trails of angsty "should I, should I not?" blogs all over the 'net), and he said yes at the time, but two weeks later, over MSN, he said he couldn't come "because no one he knew was coming". I was *really* peeved about this, because I knew that there were two other people, not including myself that he knew really well who were coming (it may not sound like many, but only about 80 people came anyway), and I spent two months moaning about him... until I went to the prom by myself anyway, as I'd brought the ticket, and I found out that the reason he didn't want to go with me was he was gay... :oops: So now I just feel really bad about that.

But spent the whole evening dancing with two of my gay friends anyway, so if I'd known I would have asked him to come anyway. *sigh*

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2005, 7:45 pm

SpaceCase wrote:
Hell,I'm not going to the prom at all!

:D SpaceCase :D

Just be sure to ask your parents if you can have the money they were going to spend on it anyway.

rhubarbpluscustard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Aug 2005, 11:15 am

At my school both juniors and seniors can go to the prom. I am (well, was) a junior, but I wasn’t going to go originally. My friends persuaded me to, so I did. Without a date. And in trousers (I’m a girl). Everyone will think I’m a lesbian. Well, I daresay they do already.

airbikecop
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Aug 2005, 5:24 pm

I went to my prom earier with a coworker. Where good friends, but not dating... which is something I'd like.

mikibacsi1124
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2005, 6:47 pm

Prom is fine by me. I don't think that it's for the arrogant "jock" types - it can be fun for anyone if you just put yourself in that mind state. Besides, I like to dance, and I don't have a circle of friends that I can arrange a party with, or the money to get a band to play.

And honestly, I don't agree with this attitude against "popular" or "normal" people - sure, a good number of them are annoying, rude, shallow, and arrogant, but many are also really friendly, down-to-earth, and fun to be around. Is us judging them really any better than them judging us? Seriously.

That said, though, junior prom was hell because I had a really bad date who was bitchy and didn't talk to me or dance with me at all. I ended up dancing with other girls who didn't have dates - at least that was fun. Probably should've asked one of them.