Do Aspie men tend to like strong women I know I do?

Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

kid020
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Apr 2008, 9:15 pm

I am an NT male who always likes strong and bold women. Very assertive women are sexy as hell and like heaven to me. It seems to me that Aspie males tending towards passivity would like a woman who is strong to take the lead. Opinions?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 9:18 pm

I would guess an ideal relationship would be one where both the man and the woman are strong.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

kid020
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Apr 2008, 9:24 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I would guess an ideal relationship would be one where both the man and the woman are strong.

Not trying to offend but most Aspie males aren't strong, and this is really what we are talking about.

happyheather912
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Apr 2008, 9:41 pm

Yeah I've read in the Neanderthal theory that the strong woman / weaker man thing is a result of the social ways of our ancestors. Not sure I believe that, but it's a theory...

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 9:54 pm

kid020 wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Not trying to offend but most Aspie males aren't strong, and this is really what we are talking about.

That's why I work out, so I can defend myself and any lady that wants to be with me. No such woman exists though..... :cry:

Anyway, I'm fairly strong now but I'm not Hercules either. I was just working out to get in shape but somewhere along the way I got much stronger.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 9:59 pm

I think he meant mentally strong.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 10:00 pm

deleted

Last edited by ToadOfSteel on 06 Apr 2008, 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 10:14 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I think he meant mentally strong.

Eh heh heh.... whoops. :oops:

I'm usually pretty strong (mentally) but I have my moments of weakness too.

I've always had a thing for women with an attitude, not like b*tchy but just enjoys herself.

RainKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Apr 2008, 10:21 pm

kid020 wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Why do you think so? I disagree. I think that what you are talking about is a stereotype.

Aspies are not weak. We may appear to be, because of a lack of communication between us and normal people--we seem to be less assertive because we are not as expressive (or expressive in a different way).

I do not want a woman to be dominant in a relationship. I am not submissive. A healthy relationship (one that makes both partners happy) has a balance of power.

yesplease
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 10:25 pm

RainKing wrote:
Aspies are not weak. We may appear to be, because of a lack of communication between us and normal people--we seem to be less assertive because we are not as expressive (or expressive in a different way).
Bingo. What most see as strength seems to be a show put on for the sake of itself, as opposed to undergoing trials of some sort that actually show an individual is strong.

Whisperer
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Apr 2008, 10:39 pm

I'm strong. . . and dominant if allowed to go unchecked for too long. It's a natural tendency I have towards whatever comes too close.

So my like for strong women has more to do with feeling there's a real person on the other side who can push back rather than some social girl-stereotype. I don't really exact things I don't feel I myself cannot have or provide.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 11:02 pm

happyheather912 wrote:
Yeah I've read in the Neanderthal theory that the strong woman / weaker man thing is a result of the social ways of our ancestors. Not sure I believe that, but it's a theory...

I think you've got it backwards. And while we're on the subject, strong women tend to frighten me. :oops:

I don't believe "strength" necessarily equals loudness, brashness, and a hunger for conflict. When people of either sex seem to revel in confrontation and insist on bending others to their will, I see that more as immaturity than anything else.

Some women may seem strong at first glance, but appearances can be deceiving. I consider myself to be the proverbial Strong Silent Type. I don't wear my emotions on my sleeve, nor am I always itching for a fight. The woman who's truly secure and well-adjusted does not need to bully and make a big show of how tough she is.

I would most prefer a woman who has quiet strength and can display it with humility.

Last edited by slowmutant on 04 Apr 2008, 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chesapeaker
Raven
Raven

04 Apr 2008, 11:02 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

I had a psychologist friend tell me one time that 1/3 of people automatically like you, 1/3 automatically dislike you, and 1/3 can be on the fence. It sort of makes sense to me. As I get older, whether people like me or not at all important. I like to have fun and do fun things, and that usually attracts people. I know I train dogs and we shoot live birds when we train. I'm an old lady, granmaw, 60, and the 20 something guys I shoot with love it that a granny is out there with a loaded gun dropping ducks & pheasants with the best of them. I grew up with it, so it is not rare for me. I ride horses, train dogs, and my son and his wife and friends say I am as funny as George Carlin. What a compliment. they are all 30ish. I have a history of being loyal to people who do not deserve it. I am getting better though. I was the "strong" one in both my marriages, but looking back, it wasn't that I was strong, but I was to blame most of the time because I was the one who was forced to make decisions. I still survived which is probably the whole point, anyway. Anyonw out there like to duck hunt??? Minnesota area??

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2008, 11:23 pm

I think part of the attraction is that a strong, independent woman will actually give you a clue whether she likes you or not...;)

Pobodys_Nerfect
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 12:38 am

RainKing wrote:
kid020 wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:

Why do you think so? I disagree. I think that what you are talking about is a stereotype.

I do not want a woman to be dominant in a relationship. I am not submissive. A healthy relationship (one that makes both partners happy) has a balance of power.

I agree RainKing. :idea:

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2008, 1:48 am

kid020 wrote:
Very assertive women are sexy as hell and like heaven to me.

I concur ;-).

I'm slightly submissive through laziness, I suppose you could say.....I don't want to worry about when to initiate things, where to go on dates etc. etc. I want a girl who's not afraid randomly give me a kiss and say "take me to this movie." I can "dig" it.
But if they try to make me do something I really don't want to do...my quills will shoot up and I will hold my ground steadfast.