Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ntchick
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Dec 2008, 5:31 pm

We found this this morning. He IM'ed it over to me and I had to share.

Zane
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Dec 2008, 6:15 pm

It was funny until I read the bottom part...

Sex coupons? WTf?

Should have left it as a comic.

ike
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 6:20 pm

I like the picture.

Hate the subtext.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 6:22 pm

Agreed with two posters above me.

The cartoon is amusing if you veiw that what he is holding are cards to remind himself of how to act.

regularguy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Dec 2008, 6:32 pm

mitharatowen wrote:
Agreed with two posters above me.

The cartoon is amusing if you veiw that what he is holding are cards to remind himself of how to act.

Exactly!! !

I liked the cartoon part because I could see me holding notes like that as reminders for the things that are difficult to do. Indeed, I have written short scripts for myself for meetings (though not for dates) that reminded me to greet the person, mention something about which we had common knowledge, and conclude the conversation politely.

But the coupons idea is deeply offensive. To me, it seems one has sex with the other person because one loves them, not as consideration for a quid-pro-quo transaction! Argh!

Steve
--
"I can make it, I know I can.
You broke the boy in me, but you won't break the man."
--John Parr, "Man in Motion"

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 6:38 pm

Agreed.

JennaJ
Raven
Raven

30 Dec 2008, 7:15 pm

I am glad i am not the only one puzzled by the sex coupons text. LOL i thought i got the joke until i saw that part!

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 8:01 pm

awwww. i think it's the cartoon sentiment that matters not the text below, it doesn't really need that.

I think you can also interpret that text as a jokey 'reminder' to have sex every now and then, as though one forgets about such things. With the usual aspie difficulty initiating sex, it's probably meant in that spirit, rather than a 'control' thing. Something like putting your hand up when you want to say something, it's a social device you can use to make it easier to initiate 'intercourse'.

overinterpreting anyone?

Yocritier
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Dec 2008, 11:02 pm

I am interpreting that the wife is giving the husband subtle advice on how to not act like a jerk during the dinner, if they wish to have sex afterwards. Woman enjoy romantic atmospheres. Can any AS women concur?

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 11:06 pm

Yocritier wrote:
I am interpreting that the wife is giving the husband subtle advice on how to not act like a jerk during the dinner, if they wish to have sex afterwards. Woman enjoy romantic atmospheres. Can any AS women concur?

I am an AS woman, and I saw the cartoon as the husband making an effort and the wife appreciating the effort by rewarding (with sex,) and if you don't get that, I don't think you have been married!

Merle

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2008, 11:12 pm

"Let he who deems himself without fault...take a wife" - Who knows..but I'm sure someone has...;)

Cyberman
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2008, 12:02 am

pakled wrote:
"Let he who deems himself without fault...take a wife" - Who knows..but I'm sure someone has...;)

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

sinsboldly wrote:
I am an AS woman, and I saw the cartoon as the husband making an effort and the wife appreciating the effort by rewarding (with sex,) and if you don't get that, I don't think you have been married!

Interesting... I didn't know that a marriage was supposed to be like owning a pet, and "rewarding" it for good behavior. "There goes the stick, Aspie! Go get it, Aspie! Good Aspie! OK Aspie, now bring it back! GOOD BOY! Here, you get some nice Aspie treats!"

Letum
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Dec 2008, 12:19 am

Ohh! Just like me!

errr...the green guy in the background that is. ;)

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2008, 12:31 am

Cyberman wrote:
pakled wrote:

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

sinsboldly wrote:

Interesting... I didn't know that a marriage was supposed to be like owning a pet, and "rewarding" it for good behavior. "There goes the stick, Aspie! Go get it, Aspie! Good Aspie! OK Aspie, now bring it back! GOOD BOY! Here, you get some nice Aspie treats!"

oh, NOES! now that I have revealed the true secret of a good marriage they will come and revoke my membership card!

Merle

ike
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2008, 3:22 am

sinsboldly wrote:
Yocritier wrote:

Actually the nature of my marriage might be part of the reason why I didn't interpret it that way. The relationship I had with my wife in retrospect was rather unhealthy (sexually) and I didn't realize until at least a year after we'd split up just how emasculated I had become. So my interpretation may be a bit of a knee jerk.

ike
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2008, 3:24 am

Cyberman wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:

Yeah, that's more like the reason why the subtext bothered me.