How do you convince someone to make out?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 12:38 am

Any tips? I've never been the one to initiate this kind of thing (that's usually the other person's doing), so I welcome any good advice.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 12:48 am

Hm... "convince" doesn't seem to be the right way to put it, for me. I don't go up to girls and try to "convince" them to make out with me. Its better to understand it as initiating a chain of events *leading* to her wanting to make out with you. This can begin with one of you starting a conversation followed by a little light banter, flirting, teasing, then having a drink together, letting the flirting get a little bolder and more "heavy". If she is reciprocating then you know you're on the right track. Eventually she might just grab you or you'll grab her. That seems like a rather smooth transition but it doesn't happen over 5 minutes. You can't really go up to a girl and name off different points about how "kewl u r" in an effort to convince her to make out

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jan 2012, 12:51 am

You can't force someone to kiss you. it just comes naturally at right time as you both have to feel it. Tell her how you love her and what's makes her great then if she if she feels it. You and her go 50/50 slowly.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 1:07 am

Vigilans wrote:
Hm... "convince" doesn't seem to be the right way to put it, for me. I don't go up to girls and try to "convince" them to make out with me. Its better to understand it as initiating a chain of events *leading* to her wanting to make out with you. This can begin with one of you starting a conversation followed by a little light banter, flirting, teasing, then having a drink together, letting the flirting get a little bolder and more "heavy". If she is reciprocating then you know you're on the right track. Eventually she might just grab you or you'll grab her. That seems like a rather smooth transition but it doesn't happen over 5 minutes. You can't really go up to a girl and name off different points about how "kewl u r" in an effort to convince her to make out

you got game, Vigilans

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 1:54 am

hyperlexian wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

you got game, Vigilans

:lol:
Image I'm nothing special I am just observant

cinbad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jan 2012, 3:29 am

You know what always impressed me? When a shy guy asks me if he can kiss me. If you can get in her "space" IOW within 1 foot of her. You will know she is receptive. Face to face, then ask her in a whisper. If she does not allow you in that space then she might not be receptive. (Try twice if she is shy).

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 4:43 am

Yupa wrote:
Any tips? I've never been the one to initiate this kind of thing (that's usually the other person's doing), so I welcome any good advice.

You don't. If your perspective on relationships is that you have to negotiate with the other person to get them to do something romantic with you, then I don't think that is a very healthy perspective.

If a person choses to make out with you, it should be entirely of their own free will, without any persuasion on your part. That's not to say you shouldn't ever try to initiate anything, but there is a difference between initiating and persuading.

As for when you should initiate this, I couldn't really tell you. However if you have any doubt, it's advisable that you ask or verbally indicate your feelings.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 5:06 am

cinbad wrote:
You know what always impressed me? When a shy guy asks me if he can kiss me. If you can get in her "space" IOW within 1 foot of her. You will know she is receptive.

Yes, I've asked before and to success, I find asking can be a good way if you are on the spectrum because I know that I am clueless when it comes to picking up subtle hints, I have trouble reading body language and social cues so it's difficult for me to know if intimacy is welcome unless I have direct confirmation.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2012, 11:27 am

Making physical contact should start slowly in drips and drabs

A goodnight kiss on the first date.....

I usually lay a hand on a forearm for a brief time, a hand briefly on a shoulder when they enter your house...

Standing close and bumping into them, like when waiting in a line or shop, is foreplay. So is picking lint of their clothes

Observe the response and go from there

vivdiva
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jan 2012, 12:26 pm

Make her feel like shes the most beautiful woman in the room.
Make her laugh.

Shell kiss you.