Why am I only attracted to gay guys! I'm a straight female!

Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 6:27 pm

I am skinny , yet with a hairy chest.....would you date me :=?

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 6:38 pm

^ Is that directed to me or the OP?

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 6:45 pm

Neuro-typical wrote:
Or am I?

The few times I've become emotionally attached to non-family males, I've found out later that they're gay.

It's hugely embarrassing. Sometimes quite sad. And funny too, I'll admit.

I just don't seem to pick up on the sexual orientation "signals," get comfortable around them, start fantasizing, and then...well...

The most hurtful case was when the guy was supposed to already have a girlfriend, but she turned out to be a beard.

*Sigh*

Some of the gay guys my cousin brings over are dreamy looking and don't seem gay. Oh well, one can always dream.

I wouldn't think it too uncommon. There's quite a number of guys that're into lesbianism. Maybe because those natural feelings that come into play when having to compete with the opposite gender aren't there, plus it seems exotically taboo. Then again you said you can't tell...I don't know.

Could be many factors but I don't think it's that abnormal unless you let social construct such as culture define what is normal on the gender spectrum.

Dokken
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 7:24 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
I am skinny , yet with a hairy chest.....would you date me :=?

you should get some nair and get ride of the chest hair. just don't put any on your nutsack, it burns real bad

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 7:32 pm

My boyfriend waxes every where and he works out. 8)

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2009, 11:54 pm

Fnord wrote:
Common interests?

Fear of commitment?

Or maybe gay men just dress and groom themselves better?

Otherwise, I agree with Hector. You may be attracted to men that are more like you than like "macho" men.

I think you got it. I also agree with others that it could be that you don't like being pressured into a relationship right away as well. It is said that people attract other people (not just romantically) based on the kinds of subconscience signals they send out. So my advice is to take a deep look at yourself to see what it is that is attracting these guys to you, or you to them.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 8:07 am

I don't like being smothered.

BellaDonna
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2009, 8:18 am

I love missionary position but not too much. It makes me feel smothered and sometimes I just can't have sex that way. It's like get the f**k off me :x

Katness
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Feb 2009, 6:51 am

Well, if it is any consolation, I'm a gay woman and I always end up falling head over heels for heterosexual women. (smacks head on desk) 8O

oli234
Toucan
Toucan

26 Feb 2009, 11:26 am

Quote:
Well, if it is any consolation, I'm a gay woman and I always end up falling head over heels for heterosexual women. (smacks head on desk) Shocked

I'm a straight guy and I've fallen madly in love with gay women several times, my first real crush was gay. I guess this can be a problem whatever gender/sexuality you are/have.

But it's not weird to like guys with effeminate qualities, I have a strong preference for tom-boyish girls. Don't know why don't care. And as far as guys go I'm fairly effeminate in some ways and some of the girls I've been out with have told me that this is the side of me that they were really attracted to. Having said that I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm gender queer more gender neutral with masculine and feminine sides to my personality.

Oh and that guy who lied to the op about being gay, he was probably lying to himself about being gay so I wouldn't take too much offense. Even in fairly tolerant countries than can be a hard thing to come out and admit.