Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Apep
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Feb 2009, 6:54 pm

Okay, that is a total lie. I am looking. We just got a new crop of interns at work and, since I don't work with any of them, the nepotism policy does not apply and I am free to have intimate relationships with them (as long as I do not create a hostile work environment).

But the reality is that I'm going to cut back on pursuing my main interest and concentrate on someone else, someone who is slightly less available, but who is more down to earth. But, to be honest, I'm going to circle back and concentrate on me. I like myself for the first time in my life. Lose weight, get in shape, pick up some foreign languages -- you know, the usual. The reason is that I do not feel that I have a lot to offer at the moment. Yes, I can offer love, loyalty, companionship, but I'm not just that exciting or interesting. So I am going to fix that.

Has anyone actually succeeded at doing so?

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 6:57 pm

Good for you, Apep! I think that is the right thing to do. Just make sure you're doing it for you and not just to get a girl. It's mor elikely to be effective if you're improving yourself because you want to :D

CelticGoddess
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 7:06 pm

^ Yes, I totally agree with M! Good for you, Apep. :)

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2009, 10:15 pm

not directly. I'm of an age that women can flirt with me without having to 'face the consequences'...I'm a surrogate 'daddy'...;)

Still, be careful. A lot of companies will do sexual harrassment training for new recruits, so back off if you get negative waves...