I do! 85%  85%  [ 79 ]
meh 15%  15%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 93

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2009, 8:07 pm

- Seemed kinda narcissistic in hindsight -

Last edited by mitharatowen on 27 Feb 2009, 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LordKristov
Toucan
Toucan

27 Feb 2009, 8:45 pm

CJBinks wrote:
LordKristov wrote:
CJBinks wrote:
sunshower wrote:
So anyway, to be considered intelligent and into books these days a woman has to have bad eyesight? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Then again, stereotypes never do.

But I feel comforted by that fact that no guy with any reasonable level of intelligence would be superficial enough to believe that someones appearance could be an indication of their intelligence, personality, or passions (a.k.a. books).

Well, I do say, I believe I came across as rather cutting for a minute there. Oops. I'd apologize, except for the fact that I'm not sorry. :roll:

You have to realize there is a certain amount of rationalizing going on here. Given the amount of stereotyping, I'd say in most of these cases they find it attractive, not really sure why, and spit out the first thing to come to mind.

You want to talk about stereotyping? Fine....let's talk about stereotyping.

Like "nice guys" being portrayed as "weak", "sissies", "effiminate", "unconfident", yada freaking yada.... In many cases we are not even given the chance to prove that many of us are not these things. But that is a long rant to be taken to another thread, so I will bite my tongue....for now.

*Takes a second to breathe*

I apologize for the nasty tone of the first part.

And yes, I do have a tendency to be attracted to women with glasses. This is because my own experiences with women who wear glasses have overall been much more positive, and they have displayed many of the traits I look for in a potential mate (well-spoken conversation, acting like a lady and not a "hoe" in public, etc.) more consistently.

I do realize some of you have likely had different experiences and so that view will likely be different from mine. Given that relationships tend to be few and far between I try to make my "first contacts" count. With varying degrees of success, but I still try to make them count. For me, it makes a better "first impression". You know, first impressions, that something it seems almost everyone in the female gender seems to harp on us men about.

You want to call this rationalization? So be it. I call it making a rational conclusion based on personal experience over the course of my life.

Some of the women asked why those of us on this thread liked girls with glasses, and we answered why. Now you get an idea of what some of us think when we ask them why they date jerks. I was hoping some of them would actually take it as a compliment, because we can all use an emotional "hand up" every now and again. Also, us glasses-wearers could use some love, too, every now and again.

Instead of complimenting, we are stereotyping and rationalizing.

Thanks. Excuse me while I pull the stinger out.

Whoa dude.

Chill.

What part of 'certain amount' or even 'most' didn't you understand? You have a reasoned, well thought out position. Most of the ones here don't. So, why do you assume I was talking about you?

*sigh*

The Aspie Analyticalness to a Fault strikes again, revealing the over-defensiveness and the resulting temperamental flares in me - another one of my deepest flaws.

I wanted to make a stand for not only myself but for some of the other guys here who may feel the same way but may not have been able to find the words to say it when they posted. I was also a bit annoyed by the implication of being a moron because of making what has held to be a "safe assumption" over time.

It did not come out as diplomatically as it could - and should - have. But then hindsight always seems to be 20/20 no matter how bad the forward vision, doesn't it? :nerdy:

Sunshower, I am going to go out on a limb and guess that you are one of those posting here who don't have to wear corrective lenses of some kind. If this is the case, consider yourself blessed.

Again, my apologies for the way that post was written. I will take a deeper breath in the future.

Chris

LordKristov
Toucan
Toucan

27 Feb 2009, 8:51 pm

Very nice picture. And the "flatter" look actually works quite well for you. :)

Last edited by LordKristov on 27 Feb 2009, 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2009, 9:51 pm

mitharatowen wrote:
- Seemed kinda narcissistic in hindsight -

You might want to talk to Kristov about that.

PS: A little narcissism never hurt anyone. I think it makes me just more and more awesome, in fact.

PPS: Glasses look very nice on you. And I'm totally not biased in saying that.

LordKristov
Toucan
Toucan

27 Feb 2009, 9:55 pm

Link deleted. :) Opinion stands, though.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2009, 10:01 pm

Thanks :) I don't want to look like I'm fishing for compliments.

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2009, 11:43 pm

LordKristov wrote:
Very nice picture. And the "flatter" look actually works quite well for you. :)

What picture? :scratch:

I like a woman in glasses, but it is not a fetish. Some women look very sexy in glasses, where others just look good. Maybe it's the type of glasses? :scratch: I seem to be drawn to the "Tina Fey" type, but it is not exclusively so. No specifics though, so I guess hot is hot. I like many types, but am also drawn to glasses. :)

Those who know, don't speak.

CJBinks
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2009, 12:04 am

LordKristov wrote:
CJBinks wrote:
LordKristov wrote:
CJBinks wrote:
sunshower wrote:
So anyway, to be considered intelligent and into books these days a woman has to have bad eyesight? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Then again, stereotypes never do.

But I feel comforted by that fact that no guy with any reasonable level of intelligence would be superficial enough to believe that someones appearance could be an indication of their intelligence, personality, or passions (a.k.a. books).

Well, I do say, I believe I came across as rather cutting for a minute there. Oops. I'd apologize, except for the fact that I'm not sorry. :roll:

You have to realize there is a certain amount of rationalizing going on here. Given the amount of stereotyping, I'd say in most of these cases they find it attractive, not really sure why, and spit out the first thing to come to mind.

You want to talk about stereotyping? Fine....let's talk about stereotyping.

Like "nice guys" being portrayed as "weak", "sissies", "effiminate", "unconfident", yada freaking yada.... In many cases we are not even given the chance to prove that many of us are not these things. But that is a long rant to be taken to another thread, so I will bite my tongue....for now.

*Takes a second to breathe*

I apologize for the nasty tone of the first part.

And yes, I do have a tendency to be attracted to women with glasses. This is because my own experiences with women who wear glasses have overall been much more positive, and they have displayed many of the traits I look for in a potential mate (well-spoken conversation, acting like a lady and not a "hoe" in public, etc.) more consistently.

I do realize some of you have likely had different experiences and so that view will likely be different from mine. Given that relationships tend to be few and far between I try to make my "first contacts" count. With varying degrees of success, but I still try to make them count. For me, it makes a better "first impression". You know, first impressions, that something it seems almost everyone in the female gender seems to harp on us men about.

You want to call this rationalization? So be it. I call it making a rational conclusion based on personal experience over the course of my life.

Some of the women asked why those of us on this thread liked girls with glasses, and we answered why. Now you get an idea of what some of us think when we ask them why they date jerks. I was hoping some of them would actually take it as a compliment, because we can all use an emotional "hand up" every now and again. Also, us glasses-wearers could use some love, too, every now and again.

Instead of complimenting, we are stereotyping and rationalizing.

Thanks. Excuse me while I pull the stinger out.

Whoa dude.

Chill.

What part of 'certain amount' or even 'most' didn't you understand? You have a reasoned, well thought out position. Most of the ones here don't. So, why do you assume I was talking about you?

*sigh*

The Aspie Analyticalness to a Fault strikes again, revealing the over-defensiveness and the resulting temperamental flares in me - another one of my deepest flaws.

I wanted to make a stand for not only myself but for some of the other guys here who may feel the same way but may not have been able to find the words to say it when they posted. I was also a bit annoyed by the implication of being a moron because of making what has held to be a "safe assumption" over time.

It did not come out as diplomatically as it could - and should - have. But then hindsight always seems to be 20/20 no matter how bad the forward vision, doesn't it? :nerdy:

Sunshower, I am going to go out on a limb and guess that you are one of those posting here who don't have to wear corrective lenses of some kind. If this is the case, consider yourself blessed.

Again, my apologies for the way that post was written. I will take a deeper breath in the future.

Chris

No big deal. Realize that many of the posters here are in the same boat as you.

But, as an aspie, let me provide a little support. What is interesting is that when you read about split brain studies, you see a consistent theme. When the subjects are questioned about why their left and right hands respond differently, the subjects come up with all kinds of reasons. None of which involve the fact that the two sides of their brains can't communicate.

And these are more likely to be NTs, who are a lot more timid about extrapolating things.

So, the fact of the matter is that humans, and aspies are human despite their differences, will come up with rationalizing reasons sometimes. Especially if they don't reflect deeply.

CJBinks
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2009, 12:10 am

mitharatowen wrote:

You aren't. Any male who has followed your posts worships you. So any compliments are heart felt.

Accept them as your due.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2009, 12:16 am

^ I'm going to just have to assume that you're drunk and on some kind of medication that causes halucinations.

CJBinks
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2009, 12:19 am

mitharatowen wrote:
^ I'm going to just have to assume that you're drunk and on some kind of medication that causes halucinations.

You'd be wrong.

Accept it, you are hawt.

I'd move furniture for you anytime.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2009, 12:21 am

:lol:

CJBinks
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2009, 12:33 am

mitharatowen wrote:
:lol:

Perfect response.

Now, where does the couch go?

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2009, 12:35 am

CJBinks wrote:
mitharatowen wrote:

You aren't. Any male who has followed your posts worships you. So any compliments are heart felt.

Accept them as your due.

:lmao: Very true.

Those who know, don't speak.

LordKristov
Toucan
Toucan

28 Feb 2009, 7:07 am

CJBinks wrote:
mitharatowen wrote:

You'd be wrong.

Accept it, you are hawt.

I'd move furniture for you anytime.

I have consumed one alcoholic beverage since August of 2008, and I am also non-medicated.

Got the couch, CJ? If you do, I got the bookcase.

Now.....do you like your books sorted by title, author, or subject?

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2009, 10:29 am

8O .....um ...... :scratch: .....

:shrug:

I like my books sorted by height, actually :P