Over 35...am I already too old to have kids?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2009, 11:51 am

This is in this forum because it of course has a direct impact on the subject matter of the forum. If and when I actually ever find a guy, I'm having to wonder whether I should just say 'the heck with it' and not expect to be able to have kids by the time it presumably happens, or better yet, take steps to ensure it does not happen.

The reason I mention this is because there are guys that do not want kids. If I CANNOT (or should not) due to age), this opens the pool a little more. My mom had my youngest brother when she was 36...and two miscarriages several years later.

My sister's got 4 kids so it's not like the family line will suddenly shrivel up and die. One brother wants no kids and the other, I swear is a little bit AS. I don't know what he wants, as he has not had a girlfriend since elementary school. The rest of us kids don't really need to have any.

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2009, 12:08 pm

I'll be 41 in December and I had closed the door on wanting kids. But, now I'm dating someone eight years younger and he wants kids in the next few years. So, I am open to having a kid up until I'm about 45. Everyone has to make their own, very personal, decision regarding this, but there is no reason not to consider it, I think.

http://www.youtube.com/user/whitetigerdream

Don't take life so seriously. It isn't permanent!

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2009, 12:10 pm

Ask your doctor.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2009, 1:06 pm

I got pregnant at 40. There are increased risks for the baby but they say the infusion of hormones are actually good for your body.

27 Sep 2009, 1:54 pm

I think late thirties is a bit old to have kids.

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2009, 2:07 pm

i would say its not too late
my mom had me at 38

besides you can always adopt

Last edited by Ravenclawgurl on 27 Sep 2009, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2009, 3:02 pm

I know someone who had a child at age 40.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Sep 2009, 3:17 pm

It depend on your health. And when your ovaries become too "old" to produce a healthy child. Also, the longer you wait, the more chances there are of miscarriages and birth defects. But as other posters have said here, some people have waited and had successful pregnancies.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2009, 7:48 pm

My mom had the cutest baby I've ever seen, and she was 40 at the time, I'd say your chances are good.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2009, 12:36 am

Heh, maybe. I just hope these couple of sparse thick whiskers on my chin don't mean I've got such a hormone imbalance that it would make me infertile.