Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 8:38 am

That won't accommodate hearing loss so much as it will cause more hearing loss.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2014, 4:42 pm

He did tell me that he had to turn the volume up because I was being too loud. Again no one bothered to tell me or anything. I thought it was pretty rude of their part to do that.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 5:14 am

What is it that makes you loud though? Do you have some sort of vocal stim? If so he brought it up in a very insensitive way. Maybe nobody brought it up with you as they didn't want to make you feel like an annoyance.

Or are you actually pretty quiet and you just believed what he said?

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 5:31 pm

I like to sit in front where it is not so crowded and they have this new speaker which they like to turn up during praise and worship. I am also in front of the speakers. Then the techs are way in the back on the other side.

I also had a chance to talk with a few other members about his response and they said that he appears to like things his way or the highway.

I don't stim during services I just shout and praise louder because everything in the room is much louder. Then there was also another religious fanatic hypocrite attending and she would praise even louder. You knew she was one by her actions. So I would try and shout over her as a way to let her know she was a nuisance to others.

timtowdi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Nov 2014, 1:13 pm

Talk to the minister. By the time one person complains, many people are bothered. And many will just stop coming rather than confront anyone. The minister knows this and doesn't want it to happen. The fanatic, by the way, isn't going to get your hint.

Tech guys are not normally in possession of terrific social skills.

crystalc1973

06 Dec 2014, 6:19 pm

If I asked politely and got that response my next response would have been one that needs no words...the old middle finger salute. The guy was a jerk.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 12:03 am

Summer_Twilight wrote:
So I would try and shout over her as a way to let her know she was a nuisance to others.

That doesn't seem like a good way to let her know that she is being a nuisance.

travelplus

20 Dec 2014, 8:40 pm

[quote="Summer_Twilight"]Early this afternoon I had an incident happen at my congregation during praise and worship. This is due to the music playing over the speakers has been unusually loud. It has been that way the last several times I have been there.
I hope this did not set the guy off by saying
"Not to be rude or anything but the music is hurting my ears."

The tech person seemed to talk back by cutting me off.
"Well you are too loud and we had to turn it up for that reason. Also it's louder because there are people who can't hear very well. If you don't like it move to the back."

I ended up leaving the situation in tears. I also feel that if I was so loud that someone should have approached me about it.

However did I sound a little too harsh to tip him off?[/quote

Perhaps you could see if you could use the Assistive Listening Device normally used for people hard of hearing. I believe you could adjust the volume on it.