Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Kafkubrickian
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jul 2006, 2:21 am

One thing I do is take my own opinions, surfacing in my mind, and externalize them in ways that are already absurd. Like I am ridiculing the idea of being a human being with certain prejudices or inclinations. It is complicated, though. I notice while it is frequently funny, I believe the image of me thus created is unstable or cariacatured...honestly I'm not sure how it looks, and again it is a complicated phenomenon.

I may willy-nilly apply the same kind of logic to others, which they take as an insult, or take...uh, some way not good.

After a while with some people I will violate their taboos out of sheer bitterness, for the joy of doing so, because their perspectives seem so utterly hollow and meager. While I am aware of the hostility and violence of the action, I still think half of me is unprepared to hurt someone else.

AaronAgassi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jul 2006, 2:39 am

What a devious, demeaning and obnoxious onslaught of alienating suggestion and coercion, is the practice of nigh subliminal unstated presumption and peer pressure. No opening is offered for objection or argument. Heteronomy means falling under sway of the spell without question. Otherwise, the experience is a toxic build up to the welling urge that it be s**t out of the very body! Hence the impulse and preconscious temptation to somehow hurl it all back in their smug little faces in a purge of redeeming existential disgust!

The trick is to actually get paid for it, like Steven Colbert! That's the part I still need to work out...

We should tag team some time.

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2006, 7:03 am

aaron dont know what your saying this time, you try to impres with your vocab, and it is impressive but it makes communication difficult, very aspie i guess..............just an observation, dont be mad, just absorb it.

AaronAgassi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jul 2006, 7:31 am

Is there a question in there somewhere?

Corcovado
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2006, 7:33 am

Kafkubrickian wrote:

After a while with some people I will violate their taboos out of sheer bitterness, for the joy of doing so, because their perspectives seem so utterly hollow and meager. While I am aware of the hostility and violence of the action, I still think half of me is unprepared to hurt someone else.

Yeah, me too. Sometimes I want to show people how, hm..."wrong" they are in doing what they're doing. A lot of people regard me as provocative, but I don't provoke to provoke, I really want to make them see things from another angle.
It's like I have no respect.

AaronAgassi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jul 2006, 7:46 am

Let's go heckle some some pinheaded bigots!

Kafkubrickian
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jul 2006, 10:47 am

Taboo-violating is very close to the heart of comedy. The writing-style for Stephen Colbert is very like this...running with a very strange persona, with its own logic, the writers themselves might not always understand. Things are funny for different satiric/not reasons. I've always followed what's funny...more substantively than real friends, probably, from Monty Python to Beavis and Butthead and Ali G.

AaronAgassi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jul 2006, 5:47 pm

Rewrite:
What a devious, demeaning and obnoxious onslaught of alienating suggestion and coercion, is the practice of nigh subliminal unstated presumption and peer pressure. Sans honest openness and transparency, no opening is allowed for question or dissent.

And heteronomy means falling hence under sway of the spell without question. Otherwise, the experience is very like unto a toxic build up to the welling urge that all such poisonously devious coercion be s**t out from the very body! Hence the impulse and preconscious temptation by iconoclastic mockery, the flagrant trammel underfoot of every and all such mindless taboo, to hurl it all back in their smug little faces in a purging fit of redeeming Existential disgust!

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2006, 5:55 pm

aaron if yoiu keep this up you will isolate yourelf and anoy a lot of people....i feel you need to tone it down, it may be a way of communicating but i feel it is ineffective an dable to isolate you.

wirth thinkign about

AaronAgassi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jul 2006, 6:16 pm

Oh thank you humbly, gracious sir, for you kindly warning! In no way must I feel threatenned or preasured. But I will be instructed by your subtle wisdom. -NOT!! !!

Kafkubrickian
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Jul 2006, 9:48 pm

I don't think aaron's going to alienate anyone! It is only sometimes difficult to parse writing like that. Aaron, I don't know how old you are (perhaps I shouldn't be dispensing advice to you) but you might want to read some George Orwell essays, for a laser-like linguistic contrast to your exuberance. Anyway I can recognize some broke-grammared stylings, which I've harnassed to write several fiction books! Aspergian as my style is, if a bright reader cannot comprehend a sentence almost immediately, the expression has "failed," by a certain measure. Word-killing is essential, as is an integrated, procedural ideal of having the fewest possible words for the purposes of a definite expression. Ecstatic as language can be, sadly because of its function is nearly always needs to be shoehorned and chiseled.

Check out this essay by master-stylist H.L. Mencken, ridiculing a pompous and bloviating charlatan of his time:

http://tmh.floonet.net/articles/hlm_veblen.html

AaronAgassi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jul 2006, 11:40 pm

http://www.wrongplanet.net/asperger.htm ... ghlight=bs

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2006, 2:13 am

yay Mencken

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2006, 2:27 am

AaronAgassi wrote:
Oh thank you humbly, gracious sir, for you kindly warning! In no way must I feel threatenned or preasured. But I will be instructed by your subtle wisdom. -NOT!! !!

ok this sounds more normal and easier to read, althou the content is childlike and revealing.
you be that way, see how it works out for you.
loser.

AaronAgassi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jul 2006, 2:47 am

Why can't I insult on the one occasion when I actually intended insult! Should I feel frustrated trying to insult someone actually too shallow to understand why? The whole point seems to be whizzing right over the head of this loathsome revolting eager sell out soulless self appointed wanna-be social gate-keeper!

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2006, 8:38 am

are you still talking?