Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2006, 10:17 am

This is really hard to tell everyone this but I'm no longer engaged. I guess I never was. I've been lying to my self about what my former fiance' always wanted from me. She only wanted my great friendship that I've been giving her but now I can't even talk to her anymore because I've made her afriad of me. I've over powered her with my love for her and she's shied away from me. This really hurts and I don't know if I could love anyone any more. Maybe I can still love someone.
There's this girl that goes to my church. Since 2004 she's been without her parents. Her mother had an afare with our former youth pastor and the youth pastor shot Olvia's father. Both of them are in jail. She's been living with realtives. She always allowed her to hug her but when I try to talk to her everything comes out all wrong. I've been overlooking her for a good while. I really care for this girl and maybe I even love I mean love her a lot but when I'm around her I feel hopeless in getting out in what I truely feel about her.
You all have been really great friends to me any maybe even thoses so called enemies that I've made have been really great friends to me. Thank you all.

aspiesmom1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Mar 2006, 11:29 am

Perhaps you should think about stepping back from a relationship right now, and deciding what you really want/need. Also I think it's important that you find out for *you* what romantic love means.

You talk about your great love for the girl you thought you were engaged to, and in the same paragraph go on about your love for another girl.

While you can have other friends when in love with one person, generally a deep love of that kind is only possible between you and one other person at a time.

Just my .02

sc
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2006, 11:47 am

That is very unfortunate, I cannot really relate to it however.

I am sure it is something drastic of a feeling.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2006, 3:24 pm

I'm sorry to hear this TigerFire, having been engaged myself in the past and breaking up from that, I know how hard it can be. What I suggest you do now is not think about having another relationship just yet, because if you have another one, whether you like it or not, your next one will be like a rebound relationship. Besides its too soon now. You have to figure out what you want and by the sounds of it you don't really know that yet. Its best to just take life a bit slower for the moment in order to suss everything out. Again, I'm sorry things didn't work out with your fiance. Take care.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2006, 3:37 pm

Oh, my, gosh!

I am sorry to hear that!

I think you should have watched what you did in the past.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2006, 4:03 pm

One thing I've learned about AS is that it's harder for us in breakups with fiances or boy/girlfriends, than it is for other people.

This is due to the intensity of our attachments. We need someone who can reciprocate our intense, attached love just as intensely.

TigerFire, I'm sorry to hear what happened, and commiserations. Hang on in there and stay strong.

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2006, 5:06 pm

Fiz wrote:
I'm sorry to hear this TigerFire, having been engaged myself in the past and breaking up from that, I know how hard it can be. What I suggest you do now is not think about having another relationship just yet, because if you have another one, whether you like it or not, your next one will be like a rebound relationship. Besides its too soon now. You have to figure out what you want and by the sounds of it you don't really know that yet. Its best to just take life a bit slower for the moment in order to suss everything out. Again, I'm sorry things didn't work out with your fiance. Take care.

Thanks Fiz. Thank you very much you don't know how much that means to me. Take care.

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2006, 5:07 pm

Keeno wrote:
One thing I've learned about AS is that it's harder for us in breakups with fiances or boy/girlfriends, than it is for other people.

This is due to the intensity of our attachments. We need someone who can reciprocate our intense, attached love just as intensely.

TigerFire, I'm sorry to hear what happened, and commiserations. Hang on in there and stay strong.

I'll stay as strong as I can.

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 9:14 pm

I've been there, but I'd say that a divorce is harder than breaking an engagement. Even breaking an engagement is tough, but a rebound relationship is a very bad idea. I find that the best thing to do is take a long break from dating, there's no rush to get involved so quickly.