Mis-communication being swept under the rug?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 3:53 pm

I attend church every weekend and normally have a woman pick me up at 9:45 AM so that I can go to bible study classes. Yet, she has been very unreliable and had often said that she was coming and is often late picking me up and so I have been having to rely on the bus system which is not a problem since my church in the area.

One night I happened to get a text message from her at 6:50 in the evening saying that she would pick me up at 10:54 AM which got my thinking that I would have a little more time to sleep in. Well, I had gotten up that next morning around 10:00 AM to eat breakfast and then get ready. I then checked my phone for more text messages and had gotten a text message stating that she was going to pick me up at 9:45 instead of 10:45 which was written and sent after I had gone to sleep. She had also left me two messages letting me know that she was going to pick me up at 9:45 and was almost there to pick me up and then another saying that she was looking for me. So, I had to take the bus that morning.

I had then thought in my mind that I would give her my house number so that she could call me there so that she could reach me there if she could not on my cell and then give her my unit number to knock on my door when she had arrived. I had also attempted to tell her my side of the story and apologize when she dropped me off and then help solve future problems. Yet, she seemed to cut me off with a joking, "Would you shut up and get out of my car already?" She then explained to me that she had written the text at 4:00 AM and then realized that she had made a mistake when came to pick me up.

What does anyone make of this situation? Does is sound like she is sweeping things under the rug?

Megz
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 6:24 pm

I'm not entirely sure, but it sounds like she was maybe embarrassed at her mistake and therefore was uncomfortable discussing it. It sounds like you did the right thing though.

Miyah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 9:07 pm

She is a nice person and I really do like her but she is a tad on the flaky side at certain times. I know that she was embarrassed but that still is a way of sweeping things under the rug but that could be just me.