Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

MightyOfus
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Apr 2015, 3:28 pm

Hey, guys! I know I haven't posted in awhile, but listen...

So a few weeks ago, I went on Spring Break down on South Padre Island, Texas with my best friend, Ian. Now Ian is a player - he knows the game very well. And though we've been friends for like twelve years, he's never had a chance to sit me down and teach me the rules of talking to women. And the week I had was AMAZING (I didn't get laid, but damn, I learned a lot). And now that I'm back... It's like someone put the key in the lock and opened a new door to my life.

I know Aspies hear this every day, but confidence and personal appearance is key. You may not believe it, but you can talk about the dorkiest things in the history of the world and still be interesting if you A) Look good, and B) are confident about what you're talking about and make it sound cool.

Legit - a week after I got back, I was reading out by this tree where I take my smoke breaks at school. This girl comes up and wants to know what I'm reading. VERY pretty. VERY sophisticated. Lots of nice clothes and jewelry and make-up. In short, someone I would usually consider WAY out of my league. But I answered honestly - I'm reading a story I wrote. "Oh, what's it about?" And I had to laugh - because there was no way this was going to sound cool. But I already had her interested, so I kept going. "I do role-play. Me and a group of people get together and write stories together, based in the Star Trek universe. In this story, one of my shipmates is being put on trial for murder." And I showed her the story, and she was very impressed. Apparently, she was a law student, and this story, though incredibly dorky (she had no idea what Star Trek was), it was filled with a lot of legal banter and Law & Order easter eggs. She liked it a lot. And all of a sudden, I had a date.

It's not a fluke, either. My game has definitely stepped up a couple notches, and I'm relating to people now in ways I've never been able to imagine before. And now when I see a girl I like, all I have to do is find a way to relate to her and I'm set. It's... effortless.

Anyway, I'm writing this because as an Aspie, I've spent many, MANY years in the friendzone. Just trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. And now... I think I figured it out. And it's amazing. Have hope. If I can do it, you can do it. :-)

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2015, 3:47 pm

I'm glad for you! As a pretty girl myself may I add that even pretty girls sometimes still like dorky things like Star Trek!