Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

NorthPark
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2012, 7:39 pm

I took like 5 EQ tests and they all tell me that I have slightly above average EQ, one score was 61/100.

Now usually Aspies have below average EQs (not trying to put anyone down), while also having above average to high IQs. But when it comes to EQ, some may fall short.

And here is a link to an EQ test:

http://www.queendom.com/tests/access_page/index.htm?idRegTest=3037

do you think it is too good to be true?

You can also share your EQ in this thread:

MBTI- ISTP

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2012, 10:54 pm

That is not favourite EQ test because it is really long and some of the questions are a little complicated, I took it before and got an 81 or 89 or something.

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2012, 11:29 pm

49/100

Forever in debt to your priceless advice

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Feb 2012, 1:10 am

It took me quite a while to complete it because I'm slow at reading & analyzing/thinking. I think I did much better with the pix with expressions on the test that I would in real life. I spent a bit of time looking & I have low vision & do not look at others expressions offline.

My score is 64

Quote:
You appear to have at least some basic skill when it comes to identifying, perceiving and expressing emotions in yourself and others. However, there is still a great deal of room to improve on this core ability. Review the results below for further information in order to identify where improvement is recommended. By improving your skills in this area of emotional intelligence, you will be in a better position to read others, understand how they feel, and effectively identify your own emotions. These skills form the basis of your ability to relate to others as well as your ability to understand yourself.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2012, 3:39 am

its a LONG test.

give it at least 30-40 minutes.,

NorthPark
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2012, 9:55 am

at the end it ask if you ever been diagnose with AS/ ASD. Wondering if that alone lowers your score :(

MBTI- ISTP

Vito
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Feb 2012, 5:55 am

NorthPark wrote:
at the end it ask if you ever been diagnose with AS/ ASD. Wondering if that alone lowers your score :(

I think it actually makes your score a bit higher, since AS/ASD makes reading social situations difficult.

I also took this test few months ago, getting a slightly above average result, although I am bad in social situations. I think it is because EQ does not primarily measure how you perform in social situations, it instead focuses more on ability to make appropriate responses. However in socializing you need first to quickly perceive and then to make appropriate responses. Personally I believe that AS/ASD are perception disorders (data input is severely affected) instead of disorders in data analysis, so I think that there is no reason for people with AS/ASD to perform worse in EQ tests; both NTs, Aspies and Autistic are able to analyze social data equally well, but Aspies and Autistic have significant disadvantage in gathering these data. Also, it seems, that this EQ test takes perception of social situations (data gathering) for granted.

NorthPark
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2012, 9:20 pm

minervx wrote:
its a LONG test.

give it at least 30-40 minutes.,

That explains why I rushed through some of it. Finally found time to take it again and got 70/100.

Meaning that I had more time to go in depth with what they were asking.

Vito wrote:
I also took this test few months ago, getting a slightly above average result, although I am bad in social situations. I think it is because EQ does not primarily measure how you perform in social situations, it instead focuses more on ability to make appropriate responses. However in socializing you need first to quickly perceive and then to make appropriate responses. Personally I believe that AS/ASD are perception disorders (data input is severely affected) instead of disorders in data analysis, so I think that there is no reason for people with AS/ASD to perform worse in EQ tests; both NTs, Aspies and Autistic are able to analyze social data equally well, but Aspies and Autistic have significant disadvantage in gathering these data. Also, it seems, that this EQ test takes perception of social situations (data gathering) for granted.

Could be. Then again, I better off socially, in other words, I can hide most AS symptoms. Sure, not as good as the "typical Joe", but good enough.

MBTI- ISTP

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2012, 11:32 pm

48/100, clicking diagnosed AS button too. I thought that was a pretty thorough test, too.

For Simon Baron Cohen's test, though, I scored like 16/80, though.

NicoleG
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 9:50 am

Vito wrote:
Personally I believe that AS/ASD are perception disorders (data input is severely affected) instead of disorders in data analysis, so I think that there is no reason for people with AS/ASD to perform worse in EQ tests; both NTs, Aspies and Autistic are able to analyze social data equally well, but Aspies and Autistic have significant disadvantage in gathering these data. Also, it seems, that this EQ test takes perception of social situations (data gathering) for granted.

I have to disagree slightly. I think we are AMAZING gatherers and analyzers, and that process bogs things down for us. (Likewise, sensory overload isn't about not getting the inputs, but about getting too much of the inputs and again getting bogged down with that input.) I see lot of details and can process it well enough, but I'll come up with 10 different possibilities for the situation rather than settle on the one most-likely option. I've heard the term "maximizer" used to describe exactly what I do when looking for a radio station to listen to - I'll flip through all my favorites stations to sample what they're playing before picking which one to listen to, whereas someone else will go to the next station decided yay/nay, and if it's yay, then they'll stick with it and not worry about gathering further data about what's playing on the other stations.

Vito
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2012, 9:23 pm

NicoleG wrote:
Vito wrote:
Personally I believe that AS/ASD are perception disorders (data input is severely affected) instead of disorders in data analysis, so I think that there is no reason for people with AS/ASD to perform worse in EQ tests; both NTs, Aspies and Autistic are able to analyze social data equally well, but Aspies and Autistic have significant disadvantage in gathering these data. Also, it seems, that this EQ test takes perception of social situations (data gathering) for granted.

I have to disagree slightly. I think we are AMAZING gatherers and analyzers, and that process bogs things down for us. (Likewise, sensory overload isn't about not getting the inputs, but about getting too much of the inputs and again getting bogged down with that input.) I see lot of details and can process it well enough, but I'll come up with 10 different possibilities for the situation rather than settle on the one most-likely option. I've heard the term "maximizer" used to describe exactly what I do when looking for a radio station to listen to - I'll flip through all my favorites stations to sample what they're playing before picking which one to listen to, whereas someone else will go to the next station decided yay/nay, and if it's yay, then they'll stick with it and not worry about gathering further data about what's playing on the other stations.

My bad, my bad, i should have been more specific. I thought about disadvantage in data gathering only in the context of social situations, since picking up social clues is difficult for Aspies.....of course in other areas Aspies can have large advantage because of the ability to perceive the details.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2012, 1:13 am

Took this a while back. I got 79/100 overall.

Well, I had a counselor tell me I was more emotionally insightful than almost anyone else he'd worked with. But whatever "skill" I have seems purely analytical. It's not like it makes it much easier to deal with things. I still feel like I don't exactly relate with or even know how to approach 99.9% of people. Then there's the depression, mood swings, fussiness about things, procrastination, and occasionally just feeling a general hatred regarding my existence and the fact that no matter how good I have it compared to some others life itself will always feel like somewhat of a prison sentence. I've kind of grown cold and skeptical on the idea that there's really any wisdom to be had in regards to my emotional state and how to deal with it better.

arko5
Raven
Raven

16 Feb 2012, 4:08 pm

56/100, apparently I have some basic skill...yay?

Niniel
Raven
Raven

19 Feb 2012, 3:44 pm

57/100

Magdalena
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Feb 2012, 10:45 pm

I'm taking the test now.

The trouble with me taking tests like these is that, I usually know what is considered to be the "correct" answer to other people, even if it doesn't feel like the correct answer to me. And often my answer will be biased based on what I think would be perceived by others (in this case, NTs) as correct. So hopefully that doesn't happen with this test.

And I don't think a lot of the questions are phrased in a way that measures empathy very well.

Magdalena
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Feb 2012, 12:46 am

Wow.

I scored a 37/100. Fabulous.

And if the questions were phrased in ways that measured empathy well, I probably would've scored lower.

Your Aspie score: 130 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 90 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie
EQ Score: 37/100 ("low empathy")

Last edited by Magdalena on 20 Feb 2012, 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.