So I was hoping for a not weird way to ask.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Pie or Cake which is better in Battle?
Poll ended at 07 Feb 2008, 8:37 pm
Cake 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
Pie 50%  50%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 6

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 8:37 pm

I have a girl in my club I was hoping would be my friend I do like her more than that but I think she has a boyfriend so I thought maybe I could at least be a friend. I want to go see "Meet The Spartans" and want to invite her but it'll seem like a date because I don't have any friends to ask to come too. Or maybe a way to get to be friends with her. My main problems are inexperience,negativity, and shyness. People seem to like me although I do get those looks when I say something weird and they comment on it but I cant 100% stop that I just want to know a not weird way to ask her or someone else to hang out at movies or maybe get her #??? Oh and I think she knows or at least thinks I like her she catches me staring a lot at the club meetings and looks away not like OMG WHATS HE WANT???! !! but just goes on like she didn't notice me looking and I look away. Any suggestions :?: :?: :?: :? Poll is for significant PIE VS CAKE battle studies unrelated though.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 8:43 pm

pie just holds together better when thrown (it's the crust...;) plus, the pan makes a good frisbee or shield, depending on the range...;)

Mikomi
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 9:17 pm

Depends on if you want a nice smack factor (pie) or good splatter (cake w/frosting). :lol:

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 9:22 pm

I just didnt think that would be all the responses. I guess I'm glad that I can encourage ppl to vote we all need to vote more ppl and answer questions I like that too... maybe more.

the_incident
Raven
Raven

08 Feb 2008, 1:42 pm

First of all, quit staring! I know, it can be hard.

Whatever the club is for, ask her something having to do with that topic. For example, if it's a comic book club, ask her if she's seen the trailer for the new Batman movie. Ask if she likes Heath Ledger as the Joker. Asking questions about something somebody is interested in is a great way to make conversation.

Do this a few times over the course of a couple of weeks before you even think about asking her out.

i_Am_andaJoy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Feb 2008, 2:00 pm

i suggest you ask her about pie and cake, since you can see how people are more interested and distracted by that...

and i also think you should just talk to her for awhile before you actually ask her to go somewhere.

i think it would be fine to be blunt. smile and say something like, "i know you have a boyfriend, so i'm not asking you on a date, but as just friends would you like to... "

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2008, 10:32 pm

MMMMMmm I find it really hard to not stare I really like her. But now that I think about it I

doubt she likes me staring and trying to be friends at same time. And as for talking she talks

to me but I'm kinda dense and give one word answers and single sentence replys etc

etc etc. We're in an Environmental Science Club doing community service clean ups and

cleaning parks and what not. I know she'd be willing to talk to me but I still get nervous when

trying to start the conversations b/c I know I like her no matter what I try to think. I was

thinking of asking her in a kind of off-hand sort of way if she hang out with me at this upcoming

scientist speaker thing. We go and listen to nerds talk nerdy for like nine hours from like 8:00

a.m. to 5:00 p.m. :P I like it she might I was going to say "Hey why don't we keep each other

company during the speeches so we don't get bored" or some such thing.