Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 1:21 pm

I know this might not make sense, but I've found it is true. Three of my friends don't trust people any more, they all stay away from relationships and they just keep people at a fair distance, apart from others that don't trust people, like me. So the three friends I have got that don't trust people, all trust me. And they tell me everything and know that their secrets are safe with me. Are you with me here?

But the other friends I have or have had, trust people too much but end up picking on me for some reason. That's probably because they find me too loyal, and too ''nice'', and know they can find my weakness and decide to pick on me, because they know they trust anyone enough to go off with them and drop me completely. They can go off and be friends with anyone and date any Tom, Dick and Harry, because they trust people too much and so don't have time for meek, polite, loyal people like me.

Is this true for anyone else here? Stop me if I haven't explained it clearly.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 2:53 pm

I think with people who are too nice - others wonder what their motives are and become distrustful of them. Especially when they're available a lot. It's almost a nicer thing to do for people - to be less nice, and less available, because then they don't feel pressured to do anything for you. I trust people more when they keep their distance. I think it's because I'm so used to rejections that I see it as just how it is. I think NTs feel the same though. It kind of feels like, "Stop being so close to me. What the hell do you want from me? Keep away from me". I can be very defensive and I start arguments because I'm fearful of people getting too close to me. It almost feels icky/creepy.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 3:32 pm

I find that most of the people I get on well with, tend to complain about other people a lot and about the fact that society is evil and people are pretentious ect...

A lot of those people can easily spot when someone is playing pranks on them or is disrespecting them and they are not afraid of losing friends when they speak up their mind.

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 6:49 pm

I don't trust people in general. Most people I have encountered in my life are self centered and will try to gain an advantage over you in anyway they can. In connection with this they tend to be power hungry, always desperately wanting to appear more superior than they really are. I learned when I was a child that sensitive information should be shared with no one, unless you have a strong mutual bond with someone. Even then I'm still careful. The world wouldn't be such a daunting place if people didn't behave in this way. Its unfortunate that those with pure intentions are very much a minority.

Jarax
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Nov 2013, 11:58 pm

To be pure is to be 'you'. People think this is weird, because they want 'them'. Don't trust these people.