Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Calvin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 May 2009, 8:57 am

My one sadistic friend has Asperger Syndrome. He can act normal but it's all rehearsed stuff. That's why he is learning to expand his acting. When he is with me, he doesn't act normal and neither do I and that's why I know he is unresponsive to exteroceptive stimuli. I guess he's safe like me, from all that happens around us. We are isolated in a world of two.

Zyborg
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 May 2009, 10:38 am

Calvin wrote:
My one sadistic friend has Asperger Syndrome. He can act normal but it's all rehearsed stuff. That's why he is learning to expand his acting. When he is with me, he doesn't act normal and neither do I and that's why I know he is unresponsive to exteroceptive stimuli. I guess he's safe like me, from all that happens around us. We are isolated in a world of two.

Relevancy?

Brusilov
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 May 2009, 10:57 am

I have a sociopathic streak. Despite such things, the reason I can't really succeed in public or social situations is because my conversations are default conversations and my "normal" side is just rehearsed acting or trial-and-error based reactions. I really have no desire to fit in anymore or even maintain a semblance or patina of normalcy, so I really don't care how I come off to others. Sometimes my parents and people I know get irritated or frustrated with some things I do such as not honor social rituals, small talk, or niceites, but I tell them that I just don't care. I made clear to them that my mission is not to be gregarious but to move upwards and laterally away from the PLAIN.

Sometimes I purposely commit a "social error" just to see what happens.

Zoonic
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2009, 1:06 pm

Brusilov wrote:
I have a sociopathic streak. Despite such things, the reason I can't really succeed in public or social situations is because my conversations are default conversations and my "normal" side is just rehearsed acting or trial-and-error based reactions. I really have no desire to fit in anymore or even maintain a semblance or patina of normalcy, so I really don't care how I come off to others. Sometimes my parents and people I know get irritated or frustrated with some things I do such as not honor social rituals, small talk, or niceites, but I tell them that I just don't care. I made clear to them that my mission is not to be gregarious but to move upwards and laterally away from the PLAIN.

I'm the same.

Zyborg
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 May 2009, 1:39 pm

Brusilov wrote:

I am sociopath per default since I am enemy of current civilisation.

I do not think behaviour is important. What is important is to what class and what social group you belong to. People of different classes do have different interaction systems. Reason why I am not socially functioning is not because of lack of body language or interest in other people, but because I am working as cleaner, living in one-room apartment and not interested in blowing money on heavy drinking.

My Aspergian traits are arrogance, indifference to lives of other people and extremist political sentiment. Nothing of that shines through because I am not very social person. So I blend into crowd.

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2009, 2:47 pm

Ok, but important to not generalize, which perpetuates stereotypes.

OP: Your Aspie friend is one individual - doesn't typify all ASD individuals. Must realize there is no correlation between sociopath and Aspergers! In fact, many/most are the antithesis of sociopathic.

Zyborg, ditto! Relevancy?

WardenWolf
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2009, 6:10 pm

I can be vindictive, and can be an as*hole, particularly if pissed off enough, but I'm mainly a nice guy, if a bit cynical. I generally like the Marine Corps motto: "No better friend, no worse enemy." I do get "evil ideas", but they're purely entertainment most of the time (except when it has to to with multiplayer game world design; then I have fun). Something to think about and smile, like detonating someone's piece of junk computer. It helps me maintain a positive and professional act towards other people when things are going wrong. I can think about what I'd like to do, smile, and chuckle, instead of nosediving into uncontrollable anger and frustration.

preludeman
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2009, 9:46 pm

Remember your DUNE.
"Fear is the mind killer." 8)

Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2009, 9:52 pm

that's messed up folks. being psychopathic/sadistic is not cool.

Brusilov
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 May 2009, 12:14 am

Its not sociopathic or psychopathy in a violent sense; don't make that mistake. It is more a passive resistance to the all-consuming ogre of our culture. The fact is, for the first 22 years of my life, I was constantly being marginalized, stomped on, and told that I was worthless by a society completly inconducive to my way of being. Sometimes people did try and help me or elevate me to a functioning and assimliating level, but only because they had ulterior motives or it was convenient for them. What love should I have, I ask you, for such a group of people that showed me nothing but bitterness, hate, or farcial sympathy. Mabye not so much love, but what loyalty should I really show. Should I display visible signs of keeping up with the crowd by copying their outfits and hairstyles? No, I prefer to be by myself for better or worse.

I was on the outside looking in for my early life; I was not part of society and did not receive any benefits. Thus, I owe them nothing. In any case, it is better to be separated from the mass and be above, to the side, or below everyone else. I would rather be homeless than "normal." Still, these days, I focus on being as elevated and distant from the pack as possible. Therefore I ppurposefully defy the occasional awkward attempt to include me in social activities these days. I just don't care to have any friends and I don't want to spend precious time doing social stuff. Even if I wanted to, my inability to endure in public places for long would soon exhaust me and I would have to retreat back to a safe place.