Anonymous Declares War on U.S. Government

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 10:56 am

Declension wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
I would not be so sure it is the government with majority of power, because they depend on these corporations to keep their power and influence.....its become quite a twisted, dirty game indeed.

At the end of the day, the U.S. government has 8,000 nuclear warheads. Corporations have zero nuclear warheads. (Although maybe the Artist Formerly Known as Academi, formerly known as Xe, formerly known as Blackwater, will get some soon! :? )

I see that as a bad thing..........that something as incompetent as our government has more than enough nukes to destroy the planet over 50 times. But either way its those who fund the government who have the real power because they can bend the will of the politicians with you guessed it lots and lots of money.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 12:42 pm

I worry about EMPs more than hackers.

Sokar
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Feb 2012, 1:16 pm

Where did this rubbish about EMPs come from? An EMP is a secondary effect of a nuclear blast and non-nuclear EMPs are not exactly something you can put together in your garden shed. Anonymous have access to a weapon more advanced than a nuclear warhead? There are a lot of words that could be used to describe that notion, but I'll settle for paranoid delusion.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 2:43 pm

Non nuclear electro-magnetic pulses. They require generators and microwaves.. Savvy types are looking into methods of deployment now. Perhaps some of them are in Anonymous?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 2:45 pm

Sokar wrote:
Where did this rubbish about EMPs come from? An EMP is a secondary effect of a nuclear blast and non-nuclear EMPs are not exactly something you can put together in your garden shed. Anonymous have access to a weapon more advanced than a nuclear warhead? There are a lot of words that could be used to describe that notion, but I'll settle for paranoid delusion.

I wonder if they could disable all the nukes so they can't be used if they do, they should do it to all countries with nukes.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2012, 3:27 pm

Declension wrote:
This is going to be the most one-sided battle since the Charge of the Light Brigade.

The most powerful organisation in the history of the world versus pretentious teenagers with DDoS scripts! Place yer bets, folks!
:lol:

darkfuji
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Mar 2012, 4:44 am

Declension wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
I disagree with the notion that the U.S government alone is the most powerful organization in the history of the world.

What are the other candidates?

history of the world? i would say the ancient roman empire.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 7:31 pm

darkfuji wrote:
Declension wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
I disagree with the notion that the U.S government alone is the most powerful organization in the history of the world.

What are the other candidates?

history of the world? i would say the ancient roman empire.

Hum... if you're talking about relative power you're probably right.

But before we all get started, what are we talking about when we say "power" I see it as influence and control over other people or groups of people, and over our environment.