Page 9 of 18 [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next

DC
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 3:12 am

http://www.amnesty.org/en/womens-rights

Oh look, that well known facist mouthpiece, Amnesty International has a 'womens-rights' page.

Lets take a look, I'm sure there will be lots of stories about appalling conditions in Britain and Canada.

Oh.

No there isn't.

Story one - Syria
Story two - Syria
Story three - Saudi Arabia
Story four - Yemen
Story five - Iran

Wait a minute, they wouldn't all be Islamic countries would they?

Who the hell do these Amnesty International people think they are?! These racists should look more closely to home at the horrors in their own countries.

DC
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 3:33 am

Lets take a look at another fascist pressure group, the Human Rights Watch. Surely they must have lots of nice things to say about Islam right?

http://www.hrw.org/sites/default/files/ ... wcover.pdf

Oh look Hyperlexian, it is the human rights watch report about women in Afghanistan in 2010, this should make interesting reading shouldn't it? I'm sure that these women enjoy better lives than the poor oppressed Canadian women.

Lets look at page eight shall we, death threat letters against women for daring to work.

you are working with the government. We Taliban warn you to stop working for the government
otherwise we will take your life away. We will kill you in such a harsh way that no woman has so far been
killed in that manner. This will be a good lesson for those women like you who are working. The money you
receive is haram (forbidden under Islam) and coming from the infidels. The choice is now with you.

---------------------

We warn you today on behalf of the Servants of Islam to stop working with infidels. We always know
when you are working. If you continue, you will be regarded as enemy of Islam and will be killed.
As we have killed Hossai yesterday whose name was in our list, your name and other women’s
names are also on our list.

---------------------

you are working with a foreign organization which is the enemy of religion and Islam. You
receive a salary from them. You should be fearful of God. Every day, you shake hands with strangers without
covering your face. We, herewith, inform you to stop doing this otherwise we will take such action against you
that a Muslim has not yet done to another Muslim.

---------------------

We would like to inform you [name removed] that you work with [place of work removed], the enemies of
religion and infidels. You should leave your job otherwise we will cut your head off your body. You will have no
right to complain then.

--------------------

You [name removed] teaching at [name removed] School which is a girl’s school. You should be afraid of God.
We warn you to leave your job as a teacher as soon as possible otherwise we will cut the heads off your children
and will set light to your daughter. We will create a situation that you will regret.
This is the first and last warning.

--------------------

you are working with [place of work removed]. You are warned by Taliban to stop working with
them otherwise the Taliban’s court shall make a decision about you which will have severe consequences for
you and your family. You will lose your life.

--------------------

It does seem like the people writing these letters are awfully obsessed with one religion in particular doesn't it?

DC
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 4:06 am

You seem to be right Hyperlexian, British and Canadian women do have it so much worse, it is strange though that so many Islamic countries seem to keep coming up on international human rights reports, I guess it is because they are all racist. Or perhaps it is because places like Britain and Canada are so unstable that human rights organisations can't operate there?

http://www.globalrights.org/site/DocSer ... docID=9803

Quote:
The findings of this research are alarming: an overwhelming majority of women, 87.2%, experienced at
least one form of physical, sexual or psychological violence or forced marriage, and most, 62.0%,
experienced multiple forms of violence. Overall, 17.2% of women reported sexual violence, with 11.2%
experiencing rape. Furthermore, 52.4 % of women reported physical violence, with 39.3% saying they
had been hit by their husband in the last year. Women who experienced psychological abuse totaled
73.9%, while 58.8% of women were in forced marriages, as distinct from arranged marriages. There were
broad variations between provinces with 100% of Kochi women living in Kabul reporting at least one
form of physical, sexual or psychological violence; 42.6% of women in Kandahar experiencing sexual
violence; and 91.6% of women in Khost experiencing forced marriages.

It is so nice to know that as a dedicated feminist you don't give a s**t about hundreds of millions women suffering horrendous abuse across the world, after all they don't really count as women do they, I mean it's not like they are white women?

Anything to say Hyperlexian?

Still want to argue that Britain and Canada treat women just as poorly?

DC
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 4:14 am

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 19920.html

Rickets is coming back to Britain because certain women spend their lives entirely covered head to foot.

I'm sure the article must be referring to those white whores in mini skirts that like to spend their summers sun bathing.

It couldn't possibly mean muslim women could it?

But then it's non of my business what goes on in my country is it Hyperlexian?

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 4:14 am

DC wrote:

It is so nice to know that as a dedicated feminist you don't give a sh** about hundreds of millions women suffering horrendous abuse across the world, after all they don't really count as women do they, I mean it's not like they are white women?

That's going too far and you know it.

DC
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 4:37 am

puddingmouse wrote:
DC wrote:

It is so nice to know that as a dedicated feminist you don't give a sh** about hundreds of millions women suffering horrendous abuse across the world, after all they don't really count as women do they, I mean it's not like they are white women?

That's going too far and you know it.

Nope just making a perfectly valid point.

If Hyperlexian considers herself a strident feminist, why is she so silent about the horrendous abuse of women at the hands of people inspired to carry out that abuse in the name of Islam?

Why does she criticise people that dare criticise Islam when (war & poverty aside) Islam is probably the number one factor behind the oppression of women in the world today?

If nice middle class white Canadian women were being treated in the same way by white men, Hyperlexian would be furious but because they are muslim women it's too culturally sensitive.

It is a totally racist viewpoint that puts rights for white women far above rights for muslim women.

How else would you describe it puddingmouse? Hyperlexian is perfectly happy to wax lyrical about womens rights just so long as nobody mentions Islam. The second Islam comes up Hyperlexian tells us we should not discuss it and be more concerned with issues closer at home.

Seems like she is trying to censor debate about Islam and women's rights and it seems like she is doing so for racist reasons, she just doesn't place the same value on the suffering of a muslim woman as she does on a nice white middle class Canadian woman.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 4:44 am

^
Her intent is not as you describe. Do you seriously think that she regards non-white women as less important?

All she intended to do was to take part in a debate, not censor other people's opinions on Islam. She has the opinion that violence against women is no more of an issue in Islamic countries than it is in secular or Christian ones. She is, quite frankly, wrong, in my opinion. You have demonstrated this with your counterargument. Well done. No need to call her a racist.

Moreover, she does have a point that vilifying Islam (which I think is honestly justified, but that's another matter) distracts from addressing the matter of sexual violence in non-Islamic nations. No-one is making threads called 'the truth about South American machismo', or 'the truth about African perceptions of male sexuality', or 'the truth about sexual harassment and date rape on Western university campuses'.

DC
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 5:23 am

puddingmouse wrote:
^
Her intent is not as you describe. Do you seriously think that she regards non-white women as less important?

That is for her to answer.

But for the record, I believe she will deny it but her actions of repeatedly shutting down debate about Islam including deleting posts and locking threads would say otherwise.

Quote:
All she intended to do was to take part in a debate, not censor other people's opinions on Islam.

I beg to differ, she is strangely absent on almost all threads about Christianity but always shows up to take a pop at Tequila when the subject of Islam comes up. She has locked threads like this in the past and she has also accused me personally of being racist.

Quote:
She has the opinion that violence against women is no more of an issue in Islamic countries than it is in secular or Christian ones. She is, quite frankly, wrong, in my opinion. You have demonstrated this with your counterargument. Well done. No need to call her a racist.

Actually she accused me of racism in a similar thread 4 months ago, so I'm just returning the favour as she has at least had the decency not to lock this thread so far.

Quote:
Moreover, she does have a point that vilifying Islam (which I think is honestly justified, but that's another matter) distracts from addressing the matter of sexual violence in non-Islamic nations. No-one is making threads called 'the truth about South American machismo', or 'the truth about African perceptions of male sexuality', or 'the truth about sexual harassment and date rape on Western university campuses'.

I think that statement is complete rubbish. There is an entire feminist movement in the west that has been very successful campaigning for women's rights over the last century. They are very active, very vocal and attract large sums of money from governments for their work. By this I mean things money for rape crisis centres etc etc that didn't exist before the feminist movement.

Almost all of the self proclaimed feminists in the west make an active point of not discussing muslim women, ever.

Case in point when the topic happens to come up does Hyperlexian valiantly stand up for the poor oppressed muslim women? nope she says:

hyperlexian wrote:
maybe work on fixing your internal problems before demonising other cultures or religions.

So how exactly is Hyperlexian treating muslim women the same way she treats nice white middle class women, when her behaviour towards discussion of the two groups is so completely different?

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 5:36 am

DC wrote:

Almost all of the self proclaimed feminists in the west make an active point of not discussing muslim women, ever.

That's news to me.

Quote:
Case in point when the topic happens to come up does Hyperlexian valiantly stand up for the poor oppressed muslim women? nope she says:

hyperlexian wrote:
maybe work on fixing your internal problems before demonising other cultures or religions.

So how exactly is Hyperlexian treating muslim women the same way she treats nice white middle class women, when her behaviour towards discussion of the two groups is so completely different?

It was more a statement of 'remove the beam from your own eye', than one that said 'Muslim women are different and you're not qualified to discuss them, ever'.

And why hasn't she locked this thread? That's because she's participating in the discussion, not moderating it. As for those other threads, I won't comment on that without them in front of me, but they were almost certainly locked because a rule break had occurred. If you break the rules, your thread gets locked. We don't go around locking threads simply because we disagree with them.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 5:40 am

DC wrote:
In the last year almost 100,000 christians have fled Egypt because of persecution by muslims.

Perhaps Hyperlexian you can show me where in the world muslims are treated like this by christians?

Can you name country after country where a christian majority is burning down mosques, killing muslims, raping muslims and forcing a mass exodus of it's muslim population?

http://www.christiannewstoday.com/Chris ... 00171.html

This is the truth about Islam.

You can see similar things happening all over the muslim world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Iraq_War

While the United States has separation of church and state, it is considered predominantly a Christian Nation.

The US, conservatively speaking, by the "Wiki Leak" reports from the Military, killed over 60,000 Iraqi Civilians, justified by the actions of a terror supported group of extremists from Saudia Arabia, a country that was an enemy of Iraq.

Innocent Muslims were killed, because of the actions of extremists from another country.

Some at the time suggested that a nuclear attack on Iraq was justified, but at least that idea was rejected.

Neither the Qu' ran or the New Testament justifies these unwarranted actions, however from the point of view of the extremists in Muslim countries it is the "Zionists" that must be destroyed and from the political extremists in the US it was the "axis of evil" that should be destroyed.

People with power take what they want, regardless of the teachings of religion.

For some the tool of action is oppression against others, for some rape, for some killing, for some a terrorist attack, and for others who have the most power it is the unwarranted destruction of entire countries through military effort.

Politics, culture, and the byproducts of both, is as deadly a tool, to harm others, as any religion.

It is the politics and culture of Muslim Countries that are the real culprits of harm to others, not unlike countries with separation of church and state. The Qu'ran itself, is not a book of teachings that promotes the unwarranted harm of others. There are many that follow the teachings of Islam in this way, without harming others.

Some Christians do harm, Some Muslims do harm, some Secularists do harm, some Politicians do harm. Humans do harm; religious intent is only a small part of the motivation behind it.

The most dangerous of these components in the world today is politics; it has the power to destroy nations, kill millions of people, and has effectively proven it.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 6:09 am

Yes islam has its flaws but are most western countries in a position to judge right now?.

I mean have you had a look at SOPA or HR 437(AKA trespassing bill) which was just approved by Obama? http://www.infowars.com/the-criminaliza ... in-america.
The first one was trying to give the US full control of whats acceptable on the internet
According to the second one(which has sadly been approved) you can now receive a 10 year jail sentence plus a possible fine for making a public protest.
This isnt happening in a muslim country this is happening in the US.

I think that before making any judgement in muslim culture we need to work on our own flaws which is what hyperlexian said on her very first post at this topic.

DC
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 7:17 am

spongy wrote:
Yes islam has its flaws but are most western countries in a position to judge right now?.

I think that before making any judgement in muslim culture we need to work on our own flaws which is what hyperlexian said on her very first post at this topic.

Ok well lets move on from women to gay rights.

Here are a few snippets about what is actually happening across Europe.

On the evening of Sunday 9th of August 2009, a gay male couple were on their way home from a concert and dinner in the center of Oslo and were walking hand in hand along the road just next to where they live, in the Grønland district of east-central Oslo.
“Suddenly a man in his forties walked up to us and asked whether we spoke Norwegian. He then asked, ‘What is this?’ while pointing at our hands,” says Anders (24) to the newspaper Dagbladet.
The man, who came from an immigrant background, clearly indicated that he didn’t accept this kind of behavior.
“He said, ‘I don’t like this. This is a Muslim area.’“
The couple continued walking calmly along the sidewalk, but the man followed them and kicked one of them hard from behind. Anders’ boyfriend used his mobile phone to call the police, and the attacker quickly fled the scene. According to the Oslo police, the case in now under investigation.

--------------------------------

Gay people in Holland have been shocked by a public attack on a gay man in Amsterdam.
Model Mike Du Pree was taking part in a fashion show to promote tolerance towards gay people when a gang of ten Muslim youths dragged him from the catwalk and beat him.
. . .
Newspaper Gay Krant reports that a bystander intervened as the model was being beaten and a fight erupted.
Fashion show organiser Jennifer Delano told the paper that the atmosphere at the event was tense, and that the violence shows Amsterdam is no longer a tolerant city.
. . .
Police arrived on the scene but it is unclear whether the ten homophobic Muslim youths were arrested or charged.
MPs have raised the incident in Parliament. “This shows how strong the Islamic gay bashers feel they are,” said Party of Freedom MP Martin Bosma. “Even at daylight, on Queen’s Day, in the heart of Amsterdam, they strike.

------------------------------

One familiar response is: “Well, non-Muslims beat up gays, too!” Yep – indeed they do. Yet for a while there, in much of Western Europe, homosexuality was on its way to being a non-issue. In Amsterdam in the late 1990s, I was delightfully surprised to discover that when groups of straight teenage boys passed gay couples in the streets, they just walked past without any reaction whatsoever. The sight of gay people didn’t upset, threaten, amuse, or confuse them; the familiar, insecure urge to respond to open homosexuality with some kind of distancing, disdainful word or gesture – and thereby affirm to one another, and to themselves, their own heterosexual credentials – was simply not part of those kids’ makeup. For me, it was a remarkable experience. Amsterdam then seemed to me the leading edge of a new wave in the progress of human civilization.
Alas, it is now very clearly the opposite. The number of reported gay-bashings in Amsterdam now climbs steadily year by year. Nearly half Muslim, the city is a front in the struggle between democracy and sharia, under which, lest it be forgotten, homosexuality can be a capital offense. Things have gotten so bad there that even on the part of the exceedingly politically correct, there has been a degree of acknowledgment that something has changed, and is still changing. After a group of Amsterdam Muslims beat up Chris Crain, the six-foot-five editor of the gay newspaper The Washington Blade, in May 2005, the head of the Netherlands’ leading gay-rights organization admitted that tolerance of gay people in that city was “slipping away like sand through the fingers” and that “gays and lesbians are less willing to walk hand-in-hand because they might be beaten up.”

The Amsterdam neighborhood Ymere, two brothers forced to move because their Muslim neighbor them a gay couple looketh and violence was threatened.
In late July the two men were at loggerheads with their neighbors. "Dirty gay people," said the man using one of the (heterosexual) brothers, "I take you off."
When he asked the man what exactly was going on, he came with a knife on him. When they wanted further explanation, the man returned to his home to its own words to get a gun. Then the brothers were abscond.

-----------------------------

Ezra Levant, a leading Canadian political activist, lawyer and blogger, writes in the Toronto Sun: “If you think Amsterdam is the gay capital of Europe, you’re half-right, but 10 years out of date. Today it’s the gay-bashing capital of Europe.”
The city isn’t just gay now, he says: it’s “Muslim, too,” and “sharia law rules the streets.” Gay bashing, he writes, is front-page news “only when it’s committed by a straight, white male.” Levant makes the point that media are reluctant to write about minorities when they’re attacking other minorities.
. . .
He says Muslim violence against gays is not a back-alley thing any more: it’s brazen and it’s in daylight.

----------------------------

A gay couple from Utrecht is holding the municipality, the police and central government liable for the financial and emotional damage they suffered as a result of intimidation and violence of Moroccan youths.
The couple have made official police reports to the Utrecht police eight times in the past years. On no single occasion was a suspect arrested. Meanwhile, the two men have moved to another municipality.
The men are holding the municipality, the police and the State liable. They want to force a damages settlement from the three bodies via civil proceedings. In separate proceedings, they also want to compel judges to force the Public Prosecutor's Office (OM) to prosecute the perpetrators.
Between the summer of 2009 and 2010, the men were continually intimidated. Windows of their house were broken and their car was damaged. Because police there said they could not take action against this, the men eventually found themselves forced to sell their home at way below its estimated value.

An Islamist group called for a Muslim lesbian author to be killed and invaded a discussion on Islam in Amsterdam last week.
A December 8 debate, which included the Canadian Muslim lesbian author Irshad Manji and MP Tofik Dibi on a panel, was disrupted when extremists from the group Sharia4Belgium stormed the event, held at the De Balie theater in Amsterdam. The mob threw eggs and called for Manji’s neck to be broken.
The group of about 20 men and boys arrived halfway through the evening, chanted slogans and pelted the audience with eggs. A police mobile unit had to be called to eject the rioters, and two Belgian men aged 19 and 22 were arrested.

---------------------------

An amateur Muslim soccer team has provoked an outcry in France after refusing to play against a team which promotes homosexual rights and has gay players.
The Creteil Bebel Muslim team pulled out of its planned tie with Paris Foot Gay (PFG) at the weekend, saying it went against their religious beliefs to play against homosexuals.
Creteil Bebel defended their pullout, saying their religious convictions were much more important than any sporting event.
"As a Muslim, I have the right not to play against homosexuals because I don't share their ideas," Zahir Belgarbi, one of the team directors, told France Bleu radio.
PFG was set up in 2003 to fight against homophobia, which is rampant in some of the poor suburbs around Paris where it plays.
Brethes said he was shocked by the way Creteil Bebel players had openly revealed their prejudices. "It is as if they find it normal to be homophobes," he said.

--------------------------

Homosexuals should be executed, Iranian Parliament Member Mohsen Yahyavi said during a discussion between Iranian legislators and British officials in London in May, according to the protocol of the meeting published Tuesday in the British newspaper The Times.
Yahyavi, a member of the committee on energy affairs in Iran's Parliament, was a member of a delegation to Britain sent from Tehran to discuss its nation's nuclear program.
"According to Islamic law, homosexuality is a grave crime," Yahyavi was quoted as saying. "It's a severe crime that goes against the laws of nature. It is human nature to procreate and homosexuals do not procreate."
The Iranian legislator added, "We do not have any opposition to this type of behavior as long as it is done behind closed doors, but those who (engage in) this behavior in public should be put to death."
The protocol shows that Yahyavi originally indicated that homosexuals should be "tortured," but he quickly corrected himself and said they should be "put to death."

Two primary schools have withdrawn storybooks about same-sex relationships after objections from Muslim parents.
Up to 90 gathered at the schools to complain about the books which are aimed at pupils as young as five.
. . .
Bristol City Council said the two schools had been using the books to ensure they complied with gay rights laws which came into force last April.
They were intended to help prevent homophobic bullying, it said.
But the council has since removed the books from Easton Primary School and Bannerman Road Community School, both in Bristol.
A book and DVD titled That's a Family!, which teaches children about different family set-ups including gay or lesbian parents, has also been withdrawn.
The decision was made to enable the schools to "operate safely" after parents voiced their concerns at meetings.
Around 40 are said to have gathered at Easton to speak to staff and another 50 at Bannerman Road.

According to an expose aired on British television, Channel 4 Dispatches [aired Monday evening] women preachers at London's Central Mosque are promoting extremism, denouncing non-Muslims as "vile," as well as calling for the murder of homosexuals.
The Central Mosque has been heretofore erroneously represented as being moderate.
The television investigation follows on the heels of a previous and similar study of other UK based mosques - Undercover Mosque - which revealed that they were pushing a radical Muslim agenda, with official assistance by the Saudi government.
Undercover Mosque, though critically acclaimed, ran afoul of elements of British law enforcement because of its "controversial" nature. Instead of acting to curb the religious hate being spread in these mosques, unbelievably the documentary's producers were accused by the West Midlands Police department of engaging in distortion and intentionally attempting to inflame the situation.
The police departments attempted censorship was rejected by Ofcom, which regulates British communication, and in a separate libel action, the West Midlands Police department was forced to pay the producers of Undercover Mosque $100,000 and apologize for their actions.

-------------------------

The East End’s gay community has declared ‘enough is enough’ after a young man was left fighting for his life following a brutal homophobic stabbing by a gang of youths.
. . .
With 47 homophobic attacks in Tower Hamlets over the last 12 months, one man called the Advertiser to say: “It’s time we stood up for ourselves. I’m fed up with people almost excusing this kind of violence.”
Police have branded last Thursday’s assault as “evil” and are treating it as homophobic. Cops believe the 20-year-old had been walking to the gay-friendly George and Dragon pub in Hackney Road with a woman when he was attacked at the junction of Boundary Street and Austin Street in Shoreditch onThursday.
He was hounded by a group of around five teenage boys, hit over the head with a glass bottle then stabbed seven times in the back and chest. He underwent life-saving surgery at Whitechapel’s Royal London Hospital on Friday morning.
The stabbing is also being linked to an assault in the same area 24 hours before in which a man and woman were both attacked and were kicked and punched by a group of youths.

Muslim preacher calls for gays to be stoned to death, adding that this would include gay business secretary Lord Peter Mandelson
Hate preacher Anjem Choudary launched a vitrolic attack on gays last week in which he said that they should be stoned to death.
The former lawyer, who lives on benefits, added that this would include gay business secretary Lord Peter Mandelson, who, under Sharia law, would first be educated about the “evils” of homosexuality then executed if he confessed to a same-sex relationship.
He was speaking at a press conference in London organised by Islamic extremists to justify a protest in Luton last week against soldiers returning home from Iraq.

Gallup conducted telephone and face-to-face interviews with 500 Muslims in the UK, France and Germany.
“The most dramatic contrast was found in attitudes towards homosexuality,” the study said. “None of the 500 British Muslims interviewed believed that homosexual acts were morally acceptable.”
Remarkable. They couldn’t find a single British Muslim who would come out publicly in support of homosexuals. Not one.

Failed Muslim asylum seeker beats and kicks a gay sales assistant to death
A FAILED asylum seeker has been found guilty of kicking a sales assistant to death.
Mossab Belhocine, 19, of Forest Road, Walthamstow, kicked and beat 28-year-old David Cooper to death in November last year.
The Algerian national kicked his victim so hard an imprint of his trainer was left on Mr Cooper’s face.

Aware that her parents had deep religious and cultural objections to homosexuality, Reviva gently tried to make them aware of her situation, but was quickly rebuffed:
"I tried to introduce it to them, because I knew it was a thing you don't talk about. It's forbidden. But once you mention 'homosexual' the discussion is over. You can't go into detail about it."
Far from accepting the situation, Reviva's parents set up weekly meetings with eligible bachelors - and reacted with violence when their teenage daughter refused to play along.
"The worst thing they tried was burning my hand on the stove. Anything they could grab, they'd hit you until you'd sort of pass out.
"They always tried to hit me where it couldn't be seen, to hide the scars. Because don't forget I was meant to get married, so I was meant to have skin that isn't damaged."
Reviva says she attempted suicide several times, knowing that she could never satisfy her parents, for whom she reserves an unmistakable venom.
In a desperate attempt to force the situation, her father even signed her away in an Islamic marriage to a man in another country, who she had never met.
Reviva, who was still at school, used her impending exams as a delaying tactic to ensure the relationship was never consummated and it was ultimately annulled.
Far from ending, her ordeal intensified. The troubled teenager was taken to her grandmother's house in the Middle East where, as she recalls with a chilling lack of emotion, her parents tried persuading her to take her own life.
"I was damaging the family honour. I was making the family looking like a modernised, westernised, filthy family. So what they wanted to do is get rid of what is damaging the honour.
"They put you in a room on your own, I don't get any food, or any water, and I have to just sit there and wait to die or kill myself."
To aid the process, a gun, a knife, and pills were left in the room, along with a can of petrol and a box of matches. In her view, Reviva says it would have amounted to murder, not suicide, should she have decided to kill herself.

Around 5,000 children at Islamic weekend schools are being taught homophobic and anti-semitic views, it has been claimed.
According to a BBC Panorama investigation to be screened tonight, the Sharia law classes use textbooks which tell children that the penalty for gay sex is execution, that “Zionists” are plotting to take over the world for the Jews and the correct way to cut off the hands and feet of convicted thieves.
One book for six-year-olds asks children what happens to someone who does not believe in Islam. The answer, according to the programme, is “hellfire”. one textbook for 15-year-olds identified by the programme says: “For thieves their hands will be cut off for a first offence, and their foot for a subsequent offence.”
Diagrams showing where cuts should be made accompany the text, which says: : “The specified punishment of the thief is cutting off his right hand at the wrist. Then it is cauterised to prevent him from bleeding to death.”
Gay sex is punished by execution, the schools allegedly teach. However, children are told that clerics are said to differ in whether the guilty person should be stoned, thrown off a cliff or burnt.
Other textbooks are said to ask students to list the “reprehensible” qualities of Jews and claim that Jews are transformed into pigs and monkeys.

DC
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 7:29 am

Please read through all off my very long previous post.

There are actually a lot more articles I could post but those few should give you a fair portrait of modern Europe for the LGBT community.

Thought Amsterdam was the gay capital of Europe? It used to be but now it is the gay-bashing capital of Europe, thanks exclusively to muslims.

Muslim groups in a number of European cities will now openly attack gay people, openly attack buildings or clubs frequented by gay people and even go to the extreme of killing the white native people for daring to be gay.

Oh what you didn't realise this was happening?

Of course not, criticism of Islam is not PC.

Doesn't change the fact that it is actually happening though.

Let me just post this bit again for you incase you missed it:

Quote:
Gallup conducted telephone and face-to-face interviews with 500 Muslims in the UK, France and Germany.
“The most dramatic contrast was found in attitudes towards homosexuality,” the study said. “None of the 500 British Muslims interviewed believed that homosexual acts were morally acceptable.”
Remarkable. They couldn’t find a single British Muslim who would come out publicly in support of homosexuals. Not one.

Still think it is possible for a liberal leftie European to ignore Islam when Islam is hell bent on destroying our tolerant liberal societies?

How exactly does Britain as a nation move forward on gay rights when the muslim population is ever more brazen in it's attacks against gay people in Britain?

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 7:31 am

DC wrote:
spongy wrote:

Ok well lets move on from women to gay rights.

Here are a few snippets about what is actually happening across Europe.

On the evening of Sunday 9th of August 2009, a gay male couple were on their way home from a concert and dinner in the center of Oslo and were walking hand in hand along the road just next to where they live, in the Grønland district of east-central Oslo.
“Suddenly a man in his forties walked up to us and asked whether we spoke Norwegian. He then asked, ‘What is this?’ while pointing at our hands,” says Anders (24) to the newspaper Dagbladet.
The man, who came from an immigrant background, clearly indicated that he didn’t accept this kind of behavior.
“He said, ‘I don’t like this. This is a Muslim area.’“
The couple continued walking calmly along the sidewalk, but the man followed them and kicked one of them hard from behind. Anders’ boyfriend used his mobile phone to call the police, and the attacker quickly fled the scene. According to the Oslo police, the case in now under investigation.

Gay people in Holland have been shocked by a public attack on a gay man in Amsterdam.
Model Mike Du Pree was taking part in a fashion show to promote tolerance towards gay people when a gang of ten Muslim youths dragged him from the catwalk and beat him.
. . .
Newspaper Gay Krant reports that a bystander intervened as the model was being beaten and a fight erupted.
Fashion show organiser Jennifer Delano told the paper that the atmosphere at the event was tense, and that the violence shows Amsterdam is no longer a tolerant city.
. . .
Police arrived on the scene but it is unclear whether the ten homophobic Muslim youths were arrested or charged.
MPs have raised the incident in Parliament. “This shows how strong the Islamic gay bashers feel they are,” said Party of Freedom MP Martin Bosma. “Even at daylight, on Queen’s Day, in the heart of Amsterdam, they strike.

One familiar response is: “Well, non-Muslims beat up gays, too!” Yep – indeed they do. Yet for a while there, in much of Western Europe, homosexuality was on its way to being a non-issue. In Amsterdam in the late 1990s, I was delightfully surprised to discover that when groups of straight teenage boys passed gay couples in the streets, they just walked past without any reaction whatsoever. The sight of gay people didn’t upset, threaten, amuse, or confuse them; the familiar, insecure urge to respond to open homosexuality with some kind of distancing, disdainful word or gesture – and thereby affirm to one another, and to themselves, their own heterosexual credentials – was simply not part of those kids’ makeup. For me, it was a remarkable experience. Amsterdam then seemed to me the leading edge of a new wave in the progress of human civilization.
Alas, it is now very clearly the opposite. The number of reported gay-bashings in Amsterdam now climbs steadily year by year. Nearly half Muslim, the city is a front in the struggle between democracy and sharia, under which, lest it be forgotten, homosexuality can be a capital offense. Things have gotten so bad there that even on the part of the exceedingly politically correct, there has been a degree of acknowledgment that something has changed, and is still changing. After a group of Amsterdam Muslims beat up Chris Crain, the six-foot-five editor of the gay newspaper The Washington Blade, in May 2005, the head of the Netherlands’ leading gay-rights organization admitted that tolerance of gay people in that city was “slipping away like sand through the fingers” and that “gays and lesbians are less willing to walk hand-in-hand because they might be beaten up.”

The Amsterdam neighborhood Ymere, two brothers forced to move because their Muslim neighbor them a gay couple looketh and violence was threatened.
In late July the two men were at loggerheads with their neighbors. "Dirty gay people," said the man using one of the (heterosexual) brothers, "I take you off."
When he asked the man what exactly was going on, he came with a knife on him. When they wanted further explanation, the man returned to his home to its own words to get a gun. Then the brothers were abscond.

Ezra Levant, a leading Canadian political activist, lawyer and blogger, writes in the Toronto Sun: “If you think Amsterdam is the gay capital of Europe, you’re half-right, but 10 years out of date. Today it’s the gay-bashing capital of Europe.”
The city isn’t just gay now, he says: it’s “Muslim, too,” and “sharia law rules the streets.” Gay bashing, he writes, is front-page news “only when it’s committed by a straight, white male.” Levant makes the point that media are reluctant to write about minorities when they’re attacking other minorities.
. . .
He says Muslim violence against gays is not a back-alley thing any more: it’s brazen and it’s in daylight.

A gay couple from Utrecht is holding the municipality, the police and central government liable for the financial and emotional damage they suffered as a result of intimidation and violence of Moroccan youths.
The couple have made official police reports to the Utrecht police eight times in the past years. On no single occasion was a suspect arrested. Meanwhile, the two men have moved to another municipality.
The men are holding the municipality, the police and the State liable. They want to force a damages settlement from the three bodies via civil proceedings. In separate proceedings, they also want to compel judges to force the Public Prosecutor's Office (OM) to prosecute the perpetrators.
Between the summer of 2009 and 2010, the men were continually intimidated. Windows of their house were broken and their car was damaged. Because police there said they could not take action against this, the men eventually found themselves forced to sell their home at way below its estimated value.

An Islamist group called for a Muslim lesbian author to be killed and invaded a discussion on Islam in Amsterdam last week.
A December 8 debate, which included the Canadian Muslim lesbian author Irshad Manji and MP Tofik Dibi on a panel, was disrupted when extremists from the group Sharia4Belgium stormed the event, held at the De Balie theater in Amsterdam. The mob threw eggs and called for Manji’s neck to be broken.
The group of about 20 men and boys arrived halfway through the evening, chanted slogans and pelted the audience with eggs. A police mobile unit had to be called to eject the rioters, and two Belgian men aged 19 and 22 were arrested.

---------------------------

An amateur Muslim soccer team has provoked an outcry in France after refusing to play against a team which promotes homosexual rights and has gay players.
The Creteil Bebel Muslim team pulled out of its planned tie with Paris Foot Gay (PFG) at the weekend, saying it went against their religious beliefs to play against homosexuals.
Creteil Bebel defended their pullout, saying their religious convictions were much more important than any sporting event.
"As a Muslim, I have the right not to play against homosexuals because I don't share their ideas," Zahir Belgarbi, one of the team directors, told France Bleu radio.
PFG was set up in 2003 to fight against homophobia, which is rampant in some of the poor suburbs around Paris where it plays.
Brethes said he was shocked by the way Creteil Bebel players had openly revealed their prejudices. "It is as if they find it normal to be homophobes," he said.

Homosexuals should be executed, Iranian Parliament Member Mohsen Yahyavi said during a discussion between Iranian legislators and British officials in London in May, according to the protocol of the meeting published Tuesday in the British newspaper The Times.
Yahyavi, a member of the committee on energy affairs in Iran's Parliament, was a member of a delegation to Britain sent from Tehran to discuss its nation's nuclear program.
"According to Islamic law, homosexuality is a grave crime," Yahyavi was quoted as saying. "It's a severe crime that goes against the laws of nature. It is human nature to procreate and homosexuals do not procreate."
The Iranian legislator added, "We do not have any opposition to this type of behavior as long as it is done behind closed doors, but those who (engage in) this behavior in public should be put to death."
The protocol shows that Yahyavi originally indicated that homosexuals should be "tortured," but he quickly corrected himself and said they should be "put to death."

Two primary schools have withdrawn storybooks about same-sex relationships after objections from Muslim parents.
Up to 90 gathered at the schools to complain about the books which are aimed at pupils as young as five.
. . .
Bristol City Council said the two schools had been using the books to ensure they complied with gay rights laws which came into force last April.
They were intended to help prevent homophobic bullying, it said.
But the council has since removed the books from Easton Primary School and Bannerman Road Community School, both in Bristol.
A book and DVD titled That's a Family!, which teaches children about different family set-ups including gay or lesbian parents, has also been withdrawn.
The decision was made to enable the schools to "operate safely" after parents voiced their concerns at meetings.
Around 40 are said to have gathered at Easton to speak to staff and another 50 at Bannerman Road.

According to an expose aired on British television, Channel 4 Dispatches [aired Monday evening] women preachers at London's Central Mosque are promoting extremism, denouncing non-Muslims as "vile," as well as calling for the murder of homosexuals.
The Central Mosque has been heretofore erroneously represented as being moderate.
The television investigation follows on the heels of a previous and similar study of other UK based mosques - Undercover Mosque - which revealed that they were pushing a radical Muslim agenda, with official assistance by the Saudi government.
Undercover Mosque, though critically acclaimed, ran afoul of elements of British law enforcement because of its "controversial" nature. Instead of acting to curb the religious hate being spread in these mosques, unbelievably the documentary's producers were accused by the West Midlands Police department of engaging in distortion and intentionally attempting to inflame the situation.
The police departments attempted censorship was rejected by Ofcom, which regulates British communication, and in a separate libel action, the West Midlands Police department was forced to pay the producers of Undercover Mosque $100,000 and apologize for their actions.

-------------------------

The East End’s gay community has declared ‘enough is enough’ after a young man was left fighting for his life following a brutal homophobic stabbing by a gang of youths.
. . .
With 47 homophobic attacks in Tower Hamlets over the last 12 months, one man called the Advertiser to say: “It’s time we stood up for ourselves. I’m fed up with people almost excusing this kind of violence.”
Police have branded last Thursday’s assault as “evil” and are treating it as homophobic. Cops believe the 20-year-old had been walking to the gay-friendly George and Dragon pub in Hackney Road with a woman when he was attacked at the junction of Boundary Street and Austin Street in Shoreditch onThursday.
He was hounded by a group of around five teenage boys, hit over the head with a glass bottle then stabbed seven times in the back and chest. He underwent life-saving surgery at Whitechapel’s Royal London Hospital on Friday morning.
The stabbing is also being linked to an assault in the same area 24 hours before in which a man and woman were both attacked and were kicked and punched by a group of youths.

Muslim preacher calls for gays to be stoned to death, adding that this would include gay business secretary Lord Peter Mandelson
Hate preacher Anjem Choudary launched a vitrolic attack on gays last week in which he said that they should be stoned to death.
The former lawyer, who lives on benefits, added that this would include gay business secretary Lord Peter Mandelson, who, under Sharia law, would first be educated about the “evils” of homosexuality then executed if he confessed to a same-sex relationship.
He was speaking at a press conference in London organised by Islamic extremists to justify a protest in Luton last week against soldiers returning home from Iraq.

Failed Muslim asylum seeker beats and kicks a gay sales assistant to death
A FAILED asylum seeker has been found guilty of kicking a sales assistant to death.
Mossab Belhocine, 19, of Forest Road, Walthamstow, kicked and beat 28-year-old David Cooper to death in November last year.
The Algerian national kicked his victim so hard an imprint of his trainer was left on Mr Cooper’s face.

Aware that her parents had deep religious and cultural objections to homosexuality, Reviva gently tried to make them aware of her situation, but was quickly rebuffed:
"I tried to introduce it to them, because I knew it was a thing you don't talk about. It's forbidden. But once you mention 'homosexual' the discussion is over. You can't go into detail about it."
Far from accepting the situation, Reviva's parents set up weekly meetings with eligible bachelors - and reacted with violence when their teenage daughter refused to play along.
"The worst thing they tried was burning my hand on the stove. Anything they could grab, they'd hit you until you'd sort of pass out.
"They always tried to hit me where it couldn't be seen, to hide the scars. Because don't forget I was meant to get married, so I was meant to have skin that isn't damaged."
Reviva says she attempted suicide several times, knowing that she could never satisfy her parents, for whom she reserves an unmistakable venom.
In a desperate attempt to force the situation, her father even signed her away in an Islamic marriage to a man in another country, who she had never met.
Reviva, who was still at school, used her impending exams as a delaying tactic to ensure the relationship was never consummated and it was ultimately annulled.
Far from ending, her ordeal intensified. The troubled teenager was taken to her grandmother's house in the Middle East where, as she recalls with a chilling lack of emotion, her parents tried persuading her to take her own life.
"I was damaging the family honour. I was making the family looking like a modernised, westernised, filthy family. So what they wanted to do is get rid of what is damaging the honour.
"They put you in a room on your own, I don't get any food, or any water, and I have to just sit there and wait to die or kill myself."
To aid the process, a gun, a knife, and pills were left in the room, along with a can of petrol and a box of matches. In her view, Reviva says it would have amounted to murder, not suicide, should she have decided to kill herself.

Around 5,000 children at Islamic weekend schools are being taught homophobic and anti-semitic views, it has been claimed.
According to a BBC Panorama investigation to be screened tonight, the Sharia law classes use textbooks which tell children that the penalty for gay sex is execution, that “Zionists” are plotting to take over the world for the Jews and the correct way to cut off the hands and feet of convicted thieves.
One book for six-year-olds asks children what happens to someone who does not believe in Islam. The answer, according to the programme, is “hellfire”. one textbook for 15-year-olds identified by the programme says: “For thieves their hands will be cut off for a first offence, and their foot for a subsequent offence.”
Diagrams showing where cuts should be made accompany the text, which says: : “The specified punishment of the thief is cutting off his right hand at the wrist. Then it is cauterised to prevent him from bleeding to death.”
Gay sex is punished by execution, the schools allegedly teach. However, children are told that clerics are said to differ in whether the guilty person should be stoned, thrown off a cliff or burnt.
Other textbooks are said to ask students to list the “reprehensible” qualities of Jews and claim that Jews are transformed into pigs and monkeys.

Heres the thing you can find the same thing on any extremist.
Heres what an US pastor did to his gay son http://talkaboutequality.wordpress.com/ ... er-church/

And there are far worse things done by pastors/extreme muslims/every religion.

This people explain their hate saying that its part of what they were taught (which is what the guy on your article did) so again Im left to wonder why are you picking on muslims instead of criticizing every person that does this attacks regardless of their religion/excuse

DC
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2012, 7:55 am

spongy wrote:
Heres the thing you can find the same thing on any extremist.
Heres what an US pastor did to his gay son http://talkaboutequality.wordpress.com/ ... er-church/

And there are far worse things done by pastors/extreme muslims/every religion.

This people explain their hate saying that its part of what they were taught (which is what the guy on your article did) so again Im left to wonder why are you picking on muslims instead of criticizing every person that does this attacks regardless of their religion/excuse

Yup, plenty of crazy people in the world.

I've condemned on this very site christians killing their children for being witches, a christian woman locking up her son and eating his flesh and the Catholic church covering up child abuse etc etc

And mods don't seem to mind that.

But when a thread is about unpleasant things that muslims do in the name of Islam mods seem to go nuts, why do you single out muslims as worthy of special protection from criticism?

Oh, by the way, if we are playing top trumps nasty anti gay links now here is a nice one, still in Europe,

http://www.gay-news.com/article04.php?sid=2879

Layla Hachichi, 18 year old girl tortured and burned to death in a faith healing ritual to rid her of lesbianism in Belgium.

I've been sticking to the treatment of homosexuals by muslims in Europe, but if you really want to see discrimination in action we could always explore anti-gay in Islamic countries if you want?

ReindeerRoger
Raven
Raven

21 Mar 2012, 7:58 am

I keep up with a local gay newspaper & www.tumblr.com/tagged/lgbtq . . . the most sustained, pervasive, and blatant issues surrounding intolerance towards gay people has to do with more radical versions of Christianity, e.g. Republicans, Evangelists. Uganda is a good example of a Christian regime actively oppressing gay people. This occurs in Muslim areas as well, but it's not a uniquely Muslim problem.

I think you're working to hard to find general statements about Muslims, and then you're overly determined to make them seem different from other people. 3rd world countries all have lower qualities of life, not just the Muslim ones.

The laws that describe why homophobic violence is wrong are all written into legal codes everywhere. They seem to barely ever be enforced, so I'm not really surprised those hate crimes in Amsterdam went un-observed. But it's not only the Muslim ones that aren't dealt with. The problem is criminals, not Muslims. And if you're looking at Muslims with blinders on, it's Muslims who use their religion to justify criminal behavior, not the religion. The problem is criminals, not Muslims, and can be addressed by the better enforcement of existing laws on everyone who breaks them.

Isolating Muslims as violent etc. as if they are the only violent people in the world is a deliberate attempt to dehumanize them. But you only really succeed at dehumanizing people who do unhuman things.