Anyone Else Intriqued By The Indigo Children Myth-Thing?



Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page:

gnatterfly
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:00 pm
Posts: 166

Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:40 am

:lol: I find this topic interesting and would love some other opinions. I am skeptical by nature, but must admit that those of us blessed with a form of autism, do tend to be extra-insightful and intuitive. I don't buy ANYTHING until it is PROVEN scientifically, but there is some appeal in this myth.....it's fun to see it tied in with ancient Egypt. What do YOU think?


_________________
Tonight you can't put me up on any shelf
Because I came here alone and I'm gonna leave by myself!


blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:00 pm
Posts: 1890

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:32 am

more dismayed than intrigued



ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 31552
Location: New Jersey

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:53 am

the "indigo child" thing is utter and complete nonsense. It is also a bit crazy. It is New Age horse poop.,


Read

http://oughten-house.com/index2.php?opt ... df=1&id=89

if you can bear it.

ruveyn



Last edited by ruveyn on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:00 pm
Posts: 1194
Location: wrongplanet

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:55 am

I was so confused when someone was talking about that he was an indigo child on here, makes more sense now


_________________
www.wrongplanet.net


blauSamstag
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:00 pm
Posts: 1890

Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:13 am

seriously. if asperger's syndrome is the medicalization of being a nerd, indigo children is the mysticalization of being a nerd.



ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 31552
Location: New Jersey

Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:15 am

blauSamstag wrote:
seriously. if asperger's syndrome is the medicalization of being a nerd, indigo children is the mysticalization of being a nerd.



Mystical = crap.

ruveyn



gnatterfly
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:00 pm
Posts: 166

Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:18 am

:lol: It's just fun to speculate, I guess. I am obsessed with science and never understood the whole mysticism thing. *shrugs* But it is rather fun, y'know? Like spooky campfire stories. Sometimes it's fun to just let your imagination take flight!! As far as "truth" is concerned...extraordinary claims will always require extraordinary proof! Just wondering where people who believe it are coming from. I'm curious about sociological phenomenon...Any takers?


_________________
Tonight you can't put me up on any shelf
Because I came here alone and I'm gonna leave by myself!


ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 31552
Location: New Jersey

Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:23 am

gnatterfly wrote:
:lol: It's just fun to speculate, I guess. I am obsessed with science and never understood the whole mysticism thing. *shrugs* But it is rather fun, y'know? Like spooky campfire stories. Sometimes it's fun to just let your imagination take flight!! As far as "truth" is concerned...extraordinary claims will always require extraordinary proof! Just wondering where people who believe it are coming from. I'm curious about sociological phenomenon...Any takers?


It is clear you find some kinds of nonsense appealing. Eventually you will grow up.

ruveyn



Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:00 pm
Posts: 1194
Location: wrongplanet

Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:26 am

ruveyn wrote:
gnatterfly wrote:
:lol: It's just fun to speculate, I guess. I am obsessed with science and never understood the whole mysticism thing. *shrugs* But it is rather fun, y'know? Like spooky campfire stories. Sometimes it's fun to just let your imagination take flight!! As far as "truth" is concerned...extraordinary claims will always require extraordinary proof! Just wondering where people who believe it are coming from. I'm curious about sociological phenomenon...Any takers?


It is clear you find some kinds of nonsense appealing. Eventually you will grow up.

ruveyn

I think most people think some kinds of nonsense are appealing: videogames, movies, tv, fantasy, fiction. I do not want to stop liking fiction books


_________________
www.wrongplanet.net


ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 31552
Location: New Jersey

Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:28 am

Alexender wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
gnatterfly wrote:
:lol: It's just fun to speculate, I guess. I am obsessed with science and never understood the whole mysticism thing. *shrugs* But it is rather fun, y'know? Like spooky campfire stories. Sometimes it's fun to just let your imagination take flight!! As far as "truth" is concerned...extraordinary claims will always require extraordinary proof! Just wondering where people who believe it are coming from. I'm curious about sociological phenomenon...Any takers?


It is clear you find some kinds of nonsense appealing. Eventually you will grow up.

ruveyn

I think most people think some kinds of nonsense are appealing: videogames, movies, tv, fantasy, fiction. I do not want to stop liking fiction books


nothing wrong with fiction. You know from the git-go that it is made up and non-factual. There is no element of deception or misidentification. Stories are fun, as long as you know they are just stories.

ruveyn



Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:00 pm
Posts: 5022
Location: in my own little tamarillo jungle,

Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:36 am

that brings satisfaction and is not neccesarily nonsense because of it and the context they dop it in (ie the internal universe of a book may be nonsense in relation to the real world but not its own, since it makes no claim to be factual or relate in any particular way to reality then i dont see as utter nonsense

now "theories" that claim to relate to reality, command reality or influence reality directly while showing nothing to prove that are most certainly nonsense.


_________________
//through chaos comes complexity//

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.


ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 31552
Location: New Jersey

Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:39 am

Oodain wrote:
that brings satisfaction and is not neccesarily nonsense because of it and the context they dop it in (ie the internal universe of a book may be nonsense in relation to the real world but not its own, since it makes no claim to be factual or relate in any particular way to reality then i dont see as utter nonsense

now "theories" that claim to relate to reality, command reality or influence reality directly while showing nothing to prove that are most certainly nonsense.



In the market place of ideas, it is Buyer Beware.

ruveyn



Suspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:00 pm
Posts: 471

Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:13 am

I am familiar with the indigo children and the theories about the different rays and so on.
My personality coincides with the typical indigo personality, which has the same traits as the theory on incarnated aliens and in particular those from Orion, as well as Asperger's syndrome. Whether the theory is correct or not I do not know, but if it is true, I'd be one.
Overall those theories do not seem implausible to me and I don't have to wait for a scientist to give me permission to believe in something. You mention the Indigos, are you familiar with theories on the 7 rays and so on then? I am not sure what you believe or have read or have not read about them. Pls write a bit about it.



ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:00 pm
Posts: 31552
Location: New Jersey

Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:03 am

Suspie wrote:
I am familiar with the indigo children and the theories about the different rays and so on.
.


Rays? As in electro-magnetic radiation. What photons are emitted from indigo children?

I dislike it when proper physics terminology is used in connection with New Age bullsh*t.

ruveyn



Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 7:00 pm
Posts: 5842

Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:18 am

gnatterfly wrote:
Just wondering where people who believe it are coming from. I'm curious about sociological phenomenon...Any takers?



I know one woman who believes it about her autistic son who is non-verbal and frequently stressed by his strong sensory sensitivities. I think she believes it as a coping strategy. When her son is curled up in a moaning ball trying to shut out the racket of this noisy and chaotic world, she tells herself (and me) that his spiritual home planet is not like Earth and that's why he's suffering. He suffers on Earth just as any of us would (for the couple seconds till we died) if dropped onto Venus or Jupiter. Buying into this woo makes her both more accepting of how he is (which is good) but at the expense of having to live in a fantasy world (which is bad). He has pretty stressful sensory sensitivities, but that isn't because he is so literally on the wrong planet.

There is a strong positive current of neurodiversity acceptance in the Indogo Child belief system (which each believer seems to put their personal spin on) and that's good. But it comes bundled in so much woo and mystical backstory. I think it would be healthier for all involved to accept neurodiversity just as it is, without spinning this weird backstory. But that's how I think it got so much momentum. It became an intriguing and enchanting coping mechanism for so many people. It's really just a hippie mystic verson of the "we are all X-Men" trope popular in some circles.

edited to add a link to a blog that discusses the indigo/autism link

http://stopthinkautism.blogspot.com/200 ... ystal.html



Last edited by Janissy on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  


Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page:




You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to: