Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mankey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Apr 2012, 12:50 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... b5rHthCXoA I find these video's pretty funny and the actor really does have AS, but was wondering how you all feel about them? Here is another http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 04wb7P_v-4

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 1:19 pm

Kind of funny yeah.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 1:56 pm

At first I was kind of upset because I thought it was real, but then I realized it was a parody even though the reporter really has AS so I thought it was pretty funny. I especially liked the part where the soldier tells him he only kills people at his job and the reporter says a guy at his job is very rude to him and makes fun of the way he talks so should he kill him. And the soldier says only soldiers can kill without getting into trouble. The reporter made more sense of this senseless war than anyone else in real life, I think. :)
Anyway, Americans are happy that they killed their enemies? Barbaric! 8O

katwithhat
Toucan
Toucan

25 Apr 2012, 2:44 pm

I enjoyed the one about being in jail. And actually, stacking crates, little human contact and wearing the same thing every day doesn't sound too bad to me either. *in head* Make sure the cashier is dead...LOL

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 3:32 pm

These videos are hilarious! :lmao: They need to make more of them! (I could only find 2 other videos besides the ones the OP posted)

katwithhat wrote:
I enjoyed the one about being in jail. And actually, stacking crates, little human contact and wearing the same thing every day doesn't sound too bad to me either. *in head* Make sure the cashier is dead...LOL

I know right? I'm fascinated by prison for those reasons, among others. Sometimes I think that the only thing preventing me from deliberately trying to get thrown in there is the fact that it would make my parents very sad. Well, that and the possibility that I might not be able to watch my favorite movies on DVD anymore.

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 3:42 pm

Does this make you laugh or upset?

Yes.

Juggernaut
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 4:31 pm

I think the segments are hilarious.

That the Onion made them shows that Autism is becoming mainstream enough that it's out on the table as suitable for satire. They started doing these bits because at this point there is enough awareness of autism that people will at least understand the joke.

nomadder
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Apr 2012, 4:34 pm

I thought the Taliban video was brilliant - a parody on society's distorted thinking about the justification of killing people. It was hilarious watching the reporter struggling to keep the story on the facts and form logical rules for when to feel sad about someone dying. when the reporter asked if the soldier could kill the reporter's enemy, Ryan :lmao:

I looked up some more, thought this one on trains was hilarious:
http://www.theonion.com/video/autistic- ... cra,20098/

Humor can make a point. And this reporter's character not only demonstrates ASD logical thinking, it highlights how illogical (and emotional) society's thinking can be.

AQ 23/50, EQSQ-R EQ 34 SQ 93 (Extreme Systemizer)

Dots
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 4:44 pm

The train one is my favourite one.

"The train is fine."
"Yes, and a person is dead."
"The train is fine."

I didn't know the actor who played the autistic guy had AS. I want to research that more.

Free speech means the right to shout 'theatre' in a crowded fire.
--Abbie Hoffman

nomadder

25 Apr 2012, 4:55 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
The reporter made more sense of this senseless war than anyone else in real life, I think. :)

Exactly! That was what I thought most brilliant about it. The reporter was like the child who called out in The Emperor's New Clothes.

AQ 23/50, EQSQ-R EQ 34 SQ 93 (Extreme Systemizer)

Mankey
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Apr 2012, 5:18 pm

When he turns away from the conductor and says the train is fine, the conductors face is too good.

WerewolfPoet
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 7:35 pm

Would drawing a checkered board on one's keyboard constitute an unpleasant reaction or a pleasant one?
I enjoy the confrontation of the logically fallacy of being saddened by one human's death while being cheered by another's, though the prospect of such reaction from humanity dampers my mood.
Thus, I drew a checkered board, perhaps to represent the dark and light "squares" of the human condition.

weird
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Apr 2012, 8:10 pm

"They put a bag on my head to which made me stop thinking"

"you are happy all the time"

"make sure the cashier is dead"

yes, very funny!

SpiritBlooms
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 8:38 pm

nomadder wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:
The reporter made more sense of this senseless war than anyone else in real life, I think. :)

Exactly! That was what I thought most brilliant about it. The reporter was like the child who called out in The Emperor's New Clothes.
I thought the same thing. But the other two segments, the prison and train ones disturbed me a bit, even as jokes.

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 8:44 pm

I think they're hilarious! They don't upset me at all. Thank you for posting them.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2012, 9:30 pm

I found it absolutley hilarious. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Im probably going to hell for that but oh well I dont believe in heaven or hell so its all good.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList