brain to mouth: blocks, leaks and mix ups.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Justin6378
Toucan
Toucan

29 May 2009, 10:44 am

Hi,
I was pacing around my house earlier, (which i love to do) thinking about random stuff, when i answered one of my own questions out loud.
This was not the first time, i must have baffled many people, out of nowhere saying something like "27" or "under the viaduct"
Also i have seemed to forget to say parts of conversations, like the words fall into a black hole!
Sometimes when pressured, i stutter a bit and mix my words up.

I just wanted to know if this is typical.

Thanks, Justin.

Last edited by Justin6378 on 29 May 2009, 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 10:59 am

I have no idea if it is 'typical' or not, but it's like my brain needs a while to develop answers. I will sit up in bed at 3:AM and realize the answer to something I was puzzling over earlier in the day. Or remember what I was trying to remember, earlier. Sometimes I will dream a word or phrase and remember it later in the day and it is the missing part of a troubleshooting conundrum I was working on. It's like something in the back of my mind was working on it all along.

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2009, 12:05 pm

I don't know about typical, but I do it all the time. Yes, often while pacing. Even weirder, I often only say part of the thought, surprising myself in a "what the hell was I thinking" kind of way.

embernator
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 May 2009, 12:06 pm

I've actually been known to do that as well. Half the time I can't keep track of what I've told someone and what I haven't so I end up repeating myself frequently and then people think I'm annoying. Fortunately most of the times I've said something out loud without meaning to I've been alone though. And I also find myself stuttering and mixing up the sounds in words when I'm talking directly to people, usually if it's a few at once, but when I'm doing effective speaking stuff I'm perfectly fine. I wonder if there's a reason for that.

TiffanyFerret
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 May 2009, 12:13 pm

I don't think I do it that much with talking, but I do it all the time when typing.I'll think what the heck when I read my own text.