Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

CactusKid
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jun 2009, 9:02 am

If so how has aspergers affected your acting? (Good or ill)

It's affected mine in a rather positive way....

SquishypuffDave
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jun 2009, 9:46 am

Right here. Not sure how it affects my acting. I'm normally pretty reserved so people are shocked when I act, since most of the stuff I act is pretty eccentric and energetic. I find acting completely different to any other form of communication, and in a lot of ways, a lot easier.

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2009, 3:47 pm

For me, I'm a much easier person to be around when I'm acting because I'm in character (even if I'm not in character to the extent of someone like a method actor... say... daniel day-lewis would be... it's just that I'm NOT me anymore, I'm more like who I'm pretending to be). I'm not this weird AS chick. I'm... an NT character.

Because none of the characters I've been have been AS.

Shadowgirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jun 2009, 3:40 pm

Its been a positive for me.

Does God Exist? Here is proof he does.
http://www.everystudent.com/features/is ... 2godMANp2w

goybandrocks

09 Jun 2009, 9:34 am

I act, in matter of fact it's my profession. Not sure exacty how the A S affects it yet though.

RockDrummer616
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2009, 11:26 am

I took a theater class freshman year that had a lot of acting involved. I found that how well I did the role really depended on what the role was. I generally found tragic roles easier than comic ones. However, I think my best performance all year was Peter in the final scene of "Zoo Story." In that situation, he's the one reacting more normally to the weird stuff Jerry is doing.

Daniel09
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jun 2009, 9:39 pm

I love acting, but I'm not an actor. Took drama in middle school.

E-Wreck

17 Jun 2009, 2:42 am

I do theater but, I don't have Aspergers.I have some illness but not sure what. I think ADHD and something else. I'm 16 but have figured out that acting will be my profession. I want to be a Broadway star and maybe do some movies. I'm going to an arts high school for theater for my Junior and Senior year(Just finished my Sophomore year). Acting is my life. I love people who act, I clique with them very well. Some of my best friends are actors or actresses. Some of them we look at each other as brothers and we're just always fooling around with each other.

MountZion
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jun 2009, 10:12 am

I'm not an actor, but my mother always tells me I'm quite dramatic and good at it lol. My father is an actor, he was actually in a Steven Seagal movie!

Neuromancer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2009, 12:58 pm

I am not an actor and would be the worst one in world, only capable to represent myselff, and even though not convincingly. By the other way I wrote a play! :-)))

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2009, 7:05 am

I think I can act, but I haven't really tried it. I've not really had anything to act.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2009, 11:57 am

While in Uni I did some acting. Was in a Shakespeare production, which is always a challenge.
I wasn't all that good at it, but it taught me how to use my voice (inflection) and my body (being aware of how I was standing and moving).

littlegreenleaf
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Jul 2009, 10:32 pm

I've taken classes at school...I'm not sure how much possibly having AS has affected it. There was one time in class where I was having a really hard time focusing because my mind was on something else that was very negative and I've been told that I shrink back sometimes from partners or that I need to communicate better with them. And one time, a critique that I got was that my internal struggles were clear, but that I needed to work on the external more. The thing that I find interesting is that when I do scenes, it is easier for me to make eye contact, maybe because it's not me at that moment. I'm not sure. When I can concentrate well enough, it's exciting and fun.