Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2009, 8:27 pm

Do you ever score lower on online IQ tests than what your real IQ actually is? I really hate that I wasted my time taking one on iqtest.com. It made me feel dumb even though my score was above average, but it's lower than the legit IQ test I took at school. I guess I'm worried I've gotten dumber or something.

I even took an IQ test in juvenile jail that said I was borderline retarted! I just feel so misunderstood. I don't know if it's Asperger's or what making me feel this way but I know that this is one of those rare days when I really want to be made normal.

Jsmitheh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jun 2009, 3:26 am

Why do you care what a test says?

BelindatheNobody
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2009, 5:18 am

I have no clue what my IQ is (I've never been tested.).
I've never taken a whole online IQ quiz either; every time I try to take one, I end up quiting before I even reach the middle. They make me feel too stupid to continue. Too many math questions! Agh! :x

Flavors of: Nobody. Slytherin. Autistic.

happypuff
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Jun 2009, 6:34 am

Every single internet IQ test I have done has returned a lower result then the real one

Pretty much everyone I know says the opposite, and the internet gives you an inflated result to make you feel good :roll:

Maybe they just give out the same number to everyone :P

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2009, 6:52 am

That's odd, usually IQ tests give alot higher score then normal, i guess it must be an aspie thing.

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2009, 10:06 am

BelindatheNobody wrote:
I have no clue what my IQ is (I've never been tested.).
I've never taken a whole online IQ quiz either; every time I try to take one, I end up quiting before I even reach the middle. They make me feel too stupid to continue. Too many math questions! Agh! :x

I couldn't count how many times I've quit taking an online IQ test before I finish it. I just don't like exerting myself mentally unless it's something I'm interested in. I also hate math ecspecially geometry.

Izaak
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2009, 10:26 am

No. I generally score about the same. Though I wouldn't put my faith in online tests. They seem to extrapolate a score on a lot less information than a proper (written and supervised) IQ test. For instance online IQ tests take about 5 minutes. Where as full ones take about an hour and a half. At least, mine did. So while it may give an indication your standard deviation will be pretty freakin high.

thread will probably decend pretty quickly into how unbelievably high people have scored on IQ tests.

To pre-empt all that... I actually scored: Infinity + 1. :)

EarlPurple
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jun 2009, 12:34 pm

I did do a formal Mensa test and passed, and am thus a member.

This was in 2003 in a period when I was struggling to find computing work and wanted to show I was "intellectual" and so I passed and put my Mensa membership on my CV. Some people advised me to take it off because it sounded too snobbish or whatever they said. I don't get it: the purpose was to show that I could do the job because I know how to use my brain.

In the same way that people view "design" in computing as being able to quote design patterns by their fancy names rather than being able to actually apply them in appropriate situations.

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2009, 8:01 pm

My formal IQ test would actually qualify me for Mensa. I took it at school but I just don't know how to get the information. I don't think it's snobbish; it would be one of few accomplishments that I've made in life (so far), considering I've never been a great student.