Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2009, 9:24 am

I just do what Commander Vimes does when speaking to Lord Vetinari: look to the side and upwards of Havelock. Focus on a point that ismaybe a foot above and to the side of the person you're speaking to. Or I avoid facial contact. It doesn't matter; I don't really care.

kissmyarrrtichoke
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jun 2009, 2:21 pm

My own FATHER told me to look at him cos I look shifty. Thanks for the support, dad!

steeviebops
Raven
Raven

14 Jun 2009, 3:51 pm

I can't look someone in the eyes at all. I remember it being brought up in a review in my current job, I mostly work as a technician but sometimes have to deal with customers out the front. In the review I was told that "my lack of eye contact gives people the impression that I'm shy or disinterested." The thing which gets to me is that they keep wanting me to work on it when I don't think it's something that I can change, at least not very easily anyway.

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2009, 6:00 pm

Daniel09 wrote:
As for the eyes changing color, yeah, happens to me. I have a small amount of melanin that creates a brownish-yellow sun around my pupil, and it tends to vary in amounts, making my eyes range from blue to green to silver.

It's melanin that does that? I think THAT'S what my eyes do! I'll have to try to take some pictures of 'em.. lol

Chizpurfle52595
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Jun 2009, 11:31 pm

Pick one eye and look at it.
Look when they're talking, look all over the place when you're talking with eye contact about every 10 seconds.

Hmmmn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jun 2009, 12:14 am

You've got to look at them when they're talking, as much as possible, or they think you don't value what they're saying or just aren't listening. Look at them less when you're talking but make sure to hold their gaze for a beat longer every time you want to emphasize any point you might be making.

theposhtiger
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Jun 2009, 9:21 am

regarding your side note, my eyes change colour too! im not sure if its to do with the surrounding colours though. an aspie thing maybe? man we are special.

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2009, 9:34 am

theposhtiger wrote:
regarding your side note, my eyes change colour too! im not sure if its to do with the surrounding colours though. an aspie thing maybe? man we are special.

I always figured it was a surroundings thing, but apparently, it's real!

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2009, 2:00 pm

I don't have a problem LOOKING them in their eyes, but sometimes i do it too much

Maddkow

15 Jun 2009, 8:54 pm

I'm slowly getting better at it. Still kind of awkward when an attractive female begins to stare into my eyes though. Don't know if I should stare back or look away. What I may just do is sit down with one of my friends, and literally just keep my self focused on their eyes for like 5 minutes straight or something, that way I can get myself in the habit of not minding looking others in the eyes. :?

Every morning, blow up a really big balloon. Then, with ear plugs over your ears, slowly let all the air out of the balloon, letting it make that high-pitched sound. Tell your neighbors its a science experiment if they complain.

Starrsy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2009, 3:44 am

I Jump Around And Stuff, Keep Moving My Head So I Dont Have To.