Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2009, 8:19 am

Did anyone ever have a bad experience at Disney, say with an eatery, or something else?

Manders
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2009, 11:22 pm

My Disney experience wasn't that great, but it wasn't Disney's fault. It was the people I was with. I was ignored or reprimanded by elders the whole time. It was all about my young brother and older cousins. I was 9. :(

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2009, 11:50 pm

I was 9 when I went too.I went with my cousin who was 8 at the time, and my older sister who was 11 at the time.We got along well together.It was a good experience also on the part that it was my grandparents who took us and we were practically spoiled rotten. :D :D
It was one of the best vacations I ever went on.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2009, 4:27 am

I've never been outside of Europe, and so haven't been to Disney World. I've been to Euro Disney in Paris, France though. I guess they compare.

I'm not sure how old I was. Maybe 18. Will ask my mom at the next occasion I speak with her and then come back to you.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2009, 9:35 am

Disney World is alright.. I've been twice. I wasn't terribly impressed but I'm more of a thrill-ride kind of person.

I do, on the other hand, hate Florida! The weather there blows! The first time I went, it was cold and rainy and miserable (and I was deaf for the trip but thats a different story...). The second time I went it was hot and humid and miserable. I have had definate bad experiences with Florida and Disney World happens to be in Florida. :evil:

PrincessMR1899
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Jun 2009, 10:43 am

Living in Florida, I've been to Disney like twice a yeatr since I was born lol but I actualy got my first HUGE panic attack there.....I almost passed ouit. My parents thought I was having heat exhaustion.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2009, 11:24 am

Several years ago the Missus and I visited California USA and of course Disneyland. We had a great time ! ! The food is bland and very over priced. Space Mountain kept breaking down, but I finally got to ride on it. It was fascinating to visit and see it and note the bits of history here and there.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2009, 12:57 pm

My worst experience was when I got lost in one of the Disney Water Parks. I was only 9 (perhaps even younger) so it was quite scary.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

12 Jun 2009, 2:05 pm

I was too tall to go in the Goofy Bouncy House at Disneyland so I broke into tears because I wanted to go in so bad and have fun but couldn't because of my height. I hated being tall then. :( Then my mother tried to make me feel better when a two year old couldn't go in because he was too little but I said "He will grow and be able to go in there." The worker could have had all the little kids get out of there and had me jump around for five minutes but then he would have to do that for all the other bigger kids so it won't be special treatment.

Manders
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2009, 7:50 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
Space Mountain kept breaking down

That kept happening when I was at the Florida one.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Jun 2009, 10:49 pm

I went with family to WDW in 2006, and was looking forward to eating at the Crystal Palace at the Magic Kingdom---but because it was so hot I got sort of ill and could barely eat that evening. I sweat badly anyway in the heat, and the Florida climate on the hot asphalt/concrete was torture for me at times. Overall, I really enjoyed WDW. But since we are dwelling on bad things, here it goes:

At MGM---my wife got sick, and my youngest son (5 at the time) got scared of the rides there (he is going for a diagnosis of autism this August). It's like most of the attractions there are disaster oriented. We went on the movie ride, and it broke down next to a loud display---and he was suffering. The attendents finally opened the doors manually and got us out of there.

At MGM---during the parade, my youngest son could not see, so he joined other children by standing on a little hill behind the sidewalk---and a worker told them to get down. I said, "Great, now they can't see your parade!"

At EPCOT---it was so hot that day that my sons bought those water sprayers that have a little fan on it. As my sons were spraying themselves, some grouchy woman told them to watch where they were spraying. We all frowned at her.

At the Magic Kingdom---we were trying to find an attraction, and I asked a worker along the sidewalk, and he said, "I don't know where it's at." I said, "You work here, you should know where it's at." It turns out the attraction was in viewing distance from where he/we were at.

There's a lot of other little bad things that happened too---but enough of that.

As I said, overall, we had a great time, and I would love to go back.

I would like to share this about WDW. Today, to stay at the Contemporary Resort Hotel can cost around $300 a night I think. We stayed at the Contemporary in 1973, 1975, and 1978. The cost per night there for those years respectively was $29.95, $39.95, and $79.95. Wow, how times have changed.

Manders
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2009, 11:54 pm

glider18 wrote:
At MGM---during the parade, my youngest son could not see, so he joined other children by standing on a little hill behind the sidewalk---and a worker told them to get down. I said, "Great, now they can't see your parade!"

We went to a parade at Magic Kingdom, and my view was obstructed by a rather large woman, who refused to move.

Eff my childhood.

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 12:06 am

Manders wrote:
We went to a parade at Magic Kingdom, and my view was obstructed by a rather large woman, who refused to move.
You should have smeared your icecream all over her backside... :hmph:

normally_impaired
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jun 2009, 12:10 am

glider18 wrote:
I would like to share this about WDW. Today, to stay at the Contemporary Resort Hotel can cost around $300 a night I think. We stayed at the Contemporary in 1973, 1975, and 1978. The cost per night there for those years respectively was $29.95, $39.95, and $79.95. Wow, how times have changed.

Not much has changed except for inflation, according to this US Government inflation calculator $79.95 in 1978 is worth the same as $261.48 in 2009. Basically, it went up about 40 bucks.

Last edited by normally_impaired on 13 Jun 2009, 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 4:44 am

Spokane_Girl wrote:
I was too tall to go in the Goofy Bouncy House at Disneyland so I broke into tears because I wanted to go in so bad and have fun but couldn't because of my height. I hated being tall then. :( Then my mother tried to make me feel better when a two year old couldn't go in because he was too little but I said "He will grow and be able to go in there." The worker could have had all the little kids get out of there and had me jump around for five minutes but then he would have to do that for all the other bigger kids so it won't be special treatment.

Oooooh, I hated when I was too big for stuff, I was sort of tall too. D:
Maybe they should have, like, designated times for kids of certain heights, so the bigger kids AND the tiny kids could all have a go. LOL.

Kenjuudo wrote:
Manders wrote:
You should have smeared your icecream all over her backside... :hmph:

Fffff, that JUST happened to me at a movie.;;; Midnight showing even. We sat right behind the isle and it was an awesome view until this HUUUUUGE lady in a wheelchair whirred up right in front of us. And her chair was like 3 feet tall, seriously. She could have got out into the disabled-access seat right next to her, but instead she sat there with her hugeness all up in the middle of the screen. Sorry if that's not PC or whatever, but when someone makes their problem into another person's problem unnecessarily, I think they have a right to complain. D:

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2009, 2:00 pm

I went to the Florida one, and then later I went to Disneyland in California. It was an old crappy version of the Magic Kingdom park at Disney World for the most part.