Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 3:41 pm

I tried one of their burgers (the Jumbo Jack) and curly fries for the first time today when we were in Concord (we don't have any Jack-In-The-Boxes where I live. :()

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 3:58 pm

That's one of my favorite places to eat!

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 4:09 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
That's one of my favorite places to eat!

And now, one of my favorites, too.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 5:05 pm

I never have. In fact I didn't know NC had one! 8O

I really do live in an isolated area. :x

13 Jun 2009, 9:20 pm

No. I only go there if I want to get sick :lol:

Anyone remember the 1993 incident there?

I rarely eat there because I hardly eat out. The first time I ate at one was in Spokane in 2006 and I got a pumpkin milk shake and a burger. The reason why I never ate there was because I thought it was a place where you get sick from the meat because of the story mom told my brothers and I when I was 8. As I got older, maybe about age 12, I realized it was just a one time thing and it isn't going to happen again when you eat there. I still never ate there because I was never interested. There aren't lot of them around here but there is one in my neighborhood and I can walk right to it.

Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2009, 10:39 pm

I just got back from there.

All I had was a large oreo shake, though.

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2009, 12:00 am

886 wrote:
I just got back from there.

All I had was a large oreo shake, though.

Yeah, those are good.

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2009, 12:35 am

roygerdodger wrote:
I tried one of their burgers (the Jumbo Jack) and curly fries for the first time today when we were in Concord (we don't have any Jack-In-The-Boxes where I live. :()

I eat breakfast there almost every weekday - I get a Breakfast Jack for 99 cents (for those unfamiliar, it's a hamburger bun with a fried egg, a slice of grilled ham, and a slice of cheese-food on it). Zip through the drive through and then onto the freeway to work. Given the price of eggs, ham, and cheese, it's not more expensive than making it myself and by grabbing it on the run I save the time in the morning I'd have spent cooking it and cleaning up.

Don't care for their burgers, though. Kind of tasteless. Much prefer Carl's, or the best, In-and-Out burgers.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2009, 6:11 am

I ate at the one on the corner of Park Rd and Scott Ave in Charlotte a few months after it opened in 2001. It was at least better than McDonalds.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2009, 9:26 am

Nan wrote:
roygerdodger wrote:

I eat breakfast there almost every weekday - I get a Breakfast Jack for 99 cents (for those unfamiliar, it's a hamburger bun with a fried egg, a slice of grilled ham, and a slice of cheese-food on it). Zip through the drive through and then onto the freeway to work. Given the price of eggs, ham, and cheese, it's not more expensive than making it myself and by grabbing it on the run I save the time in the morning I'd have spent cooking it and cleaning up.

Don't care for their burgers, though. Kind of tasteless. Much prefer Carl's, or the best, In-and-Out burgers.

I am *so* addicted to Carl's Jr.! I love the Six Dollar Jalapeno Burger.

normally_impaired
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jun 2009, 10:01 am

That place is amazing. I see the commercials every day for it (why they show the commercials on basic cable in an area that doesn't have one for 300 miles I have no idea). They have no late night menu, instead they have the ENTIRE menu 24/7! I got French toast with curly fries at 11pm, that's insane, unlike smacdonalds where it's only certain items made certain ways after 10 and it all tastes 3 days old. I swung by a MacDonald's last night and asked for a double cheeseburger ketchup only and was told they don't have double cheeseburgers after 10, so I asked for a quarter pounder with only cheese and ketchup and was told that I couldn't order it with only ketchup, I had to get the whole thing, apparently they can't do less work after 10. I converted from Christian to Atheist 10 years ago, but last year when I went to a Jack in the Box, I felt like I was in heaven.

Another crazy place that they advertise constantly yet don't have for 500 miles in any direction of here is this place called Sonic. For a fast food restaurant, it was really good (keep in mind all we have around here is McDonald's, Burger King and Wendy's). At Sonic, you pull up to the drive through menu, park your car, order through the intercom, and one of their teenage employees comes out to your car on roller skates with your food on a tray that clips onto the side of your car (it doesn't however fit on the side of a Ford Ranger). I've seen the commercials for this place so many times and always wondered why they were parked next to the drive-thru intercom and how the hell they managed to get their food before pulling up to the window, so imagine my surprise when I got there to see that every spot in the parking lot has it's own intercom.

People in other places aside from the northeast don't know how good they have it, hell, out west they even have Arby's in their own buildings with drive-up windows instead of them being reserved only for mall food courts with limited menus.

ThatRedHairedGrrl
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Walking through a shopping mall listening to Half Japanese on headphones

15 Jun 2009, 1:19 pm

I've heard horror stories about the sort of tummy trouble they can produce, but I loved their tacos when I had a chance to try them. They had that so-awful-they're-awesome quality that some junk food has. The JITB in question closed a while back and has probably been demolished by now, though, so if anyone knows of another one in the inner Seattle area so I can indulge again when I next go there, do tell.

Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2009, 4:28 pm

ThatRedHairedGrrl wrote:
I've heard horror stories about the sort of tummy trouble they can produce, but I loved their tacos when I had a chance to try them. They had that so-awful-they're-awesome quality that some junk food has. The JITB in question closed a while back and has probably been demolished by now, though, so if anyone knows of another one in the inner Seattle area so I can indulge again when I next go there, do tell.

4th & holgate
E marginal & 1st (off the 1st avenue bridge, my favorite)
50th & university way
henderson & rainier (no inside dining)
180th & E valley hwy
strander & W valley hwy
interurban & 48th
admiral way & california

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2009, 9:43 pm

normally_impaired wrote:
Another crazy place that they advertise constantly yet don't have for 500 miles in any direction of here is this place called Sonic. For a fast food restaurant, it was really good (keep in mind all we have around here is McDonald's, Burger King and Wendy's). At Sonic, you pull up to the drive through menu, park your car, order through the intercom, and one of their teenage employees comes out to your car on roller skates with your food on a tray that clips onto the side of your car (it doesn't however fit on the side of a Ford Ranger). I've seen the commercials for this place so many times and always wondered why they were parked next to the drive-thru intercom and how the hell they managed to get their food before pulling up to the window, so imagine my surprise when I got there to see that every spot in the parking lot has it's own intercom.

There was a Sonic across the parking lot from my previous employer. The food was expensive for fast food, and there were no rollerskating teenage employees, or anybody on rollerskates there for that matter. I wouldn't mind seeing White Castle down here.

ThatRedHairedGrrl
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Walking through a shopping mall listening to Half Japanese on headphones

16 Jun 2009, 3:56 pm

886 wrote:
ThatRedHairedGrrl wrote:

4th & holgate
50th & university way
180th & E valley hwy
strander & W valley hwy
interurban & 48th
admiral way & california

Thanks muchly! I may try your favorite...I was meaning to go look at Georgetown sometime, it's not an area I've been to yet. (Nice to see Google Maps still has the one on Broadway up there, but then I trust Google Maps about as far as I could spit a rat, after it sent us looking for the Mercer Arts Arena on, um, Pike and 9th :scratch: ....)

Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2009, 4:48 pm

ThatRedHairedGrrl wrote:
886 wrote:
ThatRedHairedGrrl wrote:

4th & holgate
50th & university way
180th & E valley hwy
strander & W valley hwy
interurban & 48th
admiral way & california

Thanks muchly! I may try your favorite...I was meaning to go look at Georgetown sometime, it's not an area I've been to yet. (Nice to see Google Maps still has the one on Broadway up there, but then I trust Google Maps about as far as I could spit a rat, after it sent us looking for the Mercer Arts Arena on, um, Pike and 9th :scratch: ....)

lol, i'm up the street from georgetown.

If you ever do go try stellar pizza too, they're great.