Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 12:32 pm

I don't know if this is your style, but I would call that person one last time, but use a VERY different tone. I would remind this friend that you've been asking for two years, and that:

if they are unable to deliver the box, say so and you'll have a company pick it up.

or

if they are able and willing, please do so, and stop flaking.

and

if they don't want to deal with the delivery company, has she lost the contents?

and lastly

if they have indeed lost the contents, I would point out this wouldn't have happened if they'd done what they said they would do.

But I admit, this way is extremely direct, and many people might opt for something a little less thunderclappy.

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 4:43 pm

I tend to get very attached to things also. Not in a materialistic way, but as in they're mine and I'm used to having them there and it's so weird when they're gone. I'm not sure what to do, maybe ask one last time what's happening with your box, and has she lost them.

She did you a favour by picking them up so don't get too angry, but ask and work it out or let the box go.

Ps. On second thoughts, it's been two years, so you might have to let it go if she still doesn't send it.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Jun 2009, 4:57 pm

Thanks, you guys. I have decided to let go both the box, and that so-called friendship. I never believed, in a million instances, that she would pull something like this. Just one more inexplicable NT behavior that I will file away for future reference. :(

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 8:51 pm

hartzofspace wrote:
Thanks, you guys. I have decided to let go both the box, and that so-called friendship. I never believed, in a million instances, that she would pull something like this. Just one more inexplicable NT behavior that I will file away for future reference. :(

What ever she did, Hartz, she did a long time ago. It is not something recent. She has also been chatting friendlily to you all the while. I don't think she is a monster, I think she didn't think much of it one way or the other.

Merle

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 8:52 pm

hartzofspace wrote:

What ever she did, Hartz, she did a long time ago. It is not something recent. She has also been chatting friendlily to you all the while. If I had someone's box, I would be bugging the other person to get it out of my hair, and ask for the postage.

Merle

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Jun 2009, 9:04 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
hartzofspace wrote:

What ever she did, Hartz, she did a long time ago. It is not something recent. She has also been chatting friendlily to you all the while. If I had someone's box, I would be bugging the other person to get it out of my hair, and ask for the postage.

Merle

You're probably right. I know I would. The last time I mentioned it to her, about 3 months ago, she said something about it being buried under a lot of other boxes on her porch. I'm afraid if I contact her about it again, I will lose my temper. So I would rather forget it once and for all. It's hard for me to understand this, but it is not worth stressing out over anymore.