Page 5 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2009, 11:47 pm

Sand wrote:
Since, at my advanced age, my world can be reliably expected to end within the next ten years, I am not too distressed that I will take the rest of the world with me.

The thing that concerns me is every baby boomer who is starting to think this way and just ignore global warming and ignore the messes they're making with the economy.

/just turned 25...have 2 years left.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2009, 12:01 am

skafather84 wrote:
Sand wrote:
Since, at my advanced age, my world can be reliably expected to end within the next ten years, I am not too distressed that I will take the rest of the world with me.

The thing that concerns me is every baby boomer who is starting to think this way and just ignore global warming and ignore the messes they're making with the economy.

/just turned 25...have 2 years left.

To reassure you, I do not smoke, drink, or drive a car and I separate my garbage as required. I am not confident this will save the world.

Gingersnaps
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Sep 2009, 6:39 am

I think the world will end in 2026 because I once had a psychic who said so. She was certainly better at predicting my medical future than the medical doctors.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2009, 12:19 pm

strangeworld15 wrote:
Most people are pretty shook up about the end-date of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar,
predicting the end of the world in Apocalyptic mass perportions. But in my opinion, I really
don't think such prediction's could happen, so far. It could proclaim the new age of civilization and technology and other sorts.

However, if you think otherwise, please comment your opinion's on the 2012 doomsday perdiction's.

The idea that a calendar that runs out of new dates means that end of the world is at hand is really rather lame. Our planet exists for billions of years before any species arose that could make a calendar and I am pretty shure it will exist a billion or two years after the last calendar making species has become extinct.

ruveyn

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2009, 12:23 pm

ruveyn wrote:
strangeworld15 wrote:
Most people are pretty shook up about the end-date of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar,
predicting the end of the world in Apocalyptic mass perportions. But in my opinion, I really
don't think such prediction's could happen, so far. It could proclaim the new age of civilization and technology and other sorts.

However, if you think otherwise, please comment your opinion's on the 2012 doomsday perdiction's.

The idea that a calendar that runs out of new dates means that end of the world is at hand is really rather lame. Our planet exists for billions of years before any species arose that could make a calendar and I am pretty shure it will exist a billion or two years after the last calendar making species has become extinct.

ruveyn

But, of course, once a calendar is created, anybody who wants to destroy the world can stick pins in it.

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2009, 7:19 pm

The issue is not about wether the world will end in 2012 by predictions, the real issue is how should we put an end to the world before 2013, any ideas?

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2009, 7:47 pm

greenblue wrote:
The issue is not about wether the world will end in 2012 by predictions, the real issue is how should we put an end to the world before 2013, any ideas?

If we could find a way to erode earth's core, we'd be well on our way. When the core of a planet dies, most everything else goes with it. Just ask Mars.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson