Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

OddFinn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2009, 12:05 am

Another topic was discussing "aspie stare" where the eyes were not "smiling." I just thought that this might have something to do with the younger appearance.

Someone who was trying to guess my age was confused because I don't have wrinkles around my eyes but my hair and beard are turning grey (not as much yet as my avatar's).

I'm 42, so I shoud have those wrinkles, but don't.

zekriad
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jul 2009, 12:11 am

It's possible... People tend to think I'm still in high school... Even with my lazy shaving habits. :P

NowhereWoman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jul 2009, 12:39 am

I really don't know. I have been told many times that I look very young for my age...still get carded, the whole nine. I have no wrinkles at all and no gray hair. I will be 42 next month.

BUT my sister, who is 21 months older than I am, also looks very, very young for her age and she certainly is not on the spectrum! She is so far off the spectrum, I don't even think she can see the spectrum from her house. :lol: She'd need binoculars. So...I really don't know. I suppose it's possible but then again, for some people, maybe it's just genetics.

jmr
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Jul 2009, 12:41 am

Yes, I can relate; people have been telling me I look young for my age for a while, and my facial hair doesn't grow in as thickly as it does for most guys. I also have pretty sparse body hair on most of me, don't know if that's related.

Absquatulate
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jul 2009, 12:49 am

People typically think that I'm 15 or 16. I'm nearly 20. It's dreadfully annoying.

nara44
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2009, 1:14 am

OddFinn wrote:
Another topic was discussing "aspie stare" where the eyes were not "smiling." I just thought that this might have something to do with the younger appearance.

Someone who was trying to guess my age was confused because I don't have wrinkles around my eyes but my hair and beard are turning grey (not as much yet as my avatar's).

I'm 42, so I shoud have those wrinkles, but don't.

I'm 55
almost wrinkle free and doesn't have grey hair yet despite me having a very hard life in harsh environments as a soldier in a desert and spending many years as an homeless person living with no shelter under the harsh conditions of Israeli summers
most ppl think i'm 20 years younger than my age
looks like many AS shares the same experience and i think it's part of our genetic "defects" in the area that control timing as this could explain also many of our so called traits
ie
sleeplessness
different sense of space
problem syncing with the average folks
etc...

Crocodile
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jul 2009, 1:22 am

zekriad wrote:
It's possible... People tend to think I'm still in high school... Even with my lazy shaving habits. :P

...Well...on that photo you indeed look quite young... :)

I GRADUATED WITH THE HIGHEST GRADES OF MY YEAR!! !! !

Crocodile
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jul 2009, 1:27 am

I dont't particularly think I look very young compared to my actual age, but I do feel like I'm more a child than some people of my age. I'm more into books and such, but I don't really mind my looks (I look good enough without having to stand in the bathroom for hours, some people who do too do it anyway) and neither do I really care for the opposite sex. I'm less into clothing and fashion etc than my peer group, which sometimes makes me feel like a child that doesn't care yet but some day will.

I GRADUATED WITH THE HIGHEST GRADES OF MY YEAR!! !! !

OddFinn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2009, 1:29 am

nara44 wrote:
almost wrinkle free and doesn't have grey hair yet

I think my grey hair has nothing to do with aging yet. It is probably because I have Vitiligo.

SteveeVader
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jul 2009, 1:34 am

I don't know I look young I guess compared to my colleagues and I bloody have a beard and still get ID'ed

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2009, 2:48 am

I'm actually the opposite, a lot of people have actually commented that I look older than people my age.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2009, 4:06 am

coworkers at work thought I was a 17 year old when in reality, I am 23

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

Michjo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2009, 4:21 am

I think a lack of affect does lead to aspies looking younger than the average population. Of course it is only a generalisation, i'm sure there are other factors at play as well.

Vanilla_Slice
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2009, 3:13 pm

I'm 51 and guesses at my age range from 35 to 42. No alcohol, no drugs and the fact that I've never smoked probably account for a lot of this.

Vanilla_Slice

Batz
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jul 2009, 7:51 pm

People think I'm 13 or 14. I'm actually 18. Possibly because of my height and the fact that I have no beard and my moustache is peach-fuzz thin. Actually, I think everytime I go to post the guards think I'm 11 or 12, so when my dad and I go to PX and I forget my ID the guard just looks at my dad's and we be on our merry way.

stripey
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jul 2009, 10:02 am

It could be something to do with the pineal Gland located in the brain which deals with our biological clock.