When Do They Need a Fig Leaf? (New York Times)

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2009, 9:01 pm

When Do They Need a Fig Leaf?
By JULIE SCELFO
Published: July 15, 2009

"ALEX NICOLA, who will be 5 in August, enjoys being naked as frequently as possible at home.

"“In the morning he gets up and takes his pajamas off, and rather than get dressed right away, he walks around naked,” said Dawn Nicola, Alex’s mother, a stay-at-home parent in Castle Rock, Colo.

"After school, he likes to take off his pants, recline on his stuffed animal chair and watch an episode of SpongeBob SquarePants while snacking on cheese-flavored crackers.

"“I call him my little naked boy,” Mrs. Nicola, 44, said affectionately."

"For many parents, allowing a child to run around naked at home is perfectly natural, an expression of physical freedom that represents the essence of childhood, especially in the summer. But for others, unclad bodies are an affront to civility, a source of discomfort and a potentially dangerous attraction for pedophiles. These clashing sensibilities can create conflict, even when the nudity in question takes place at home."

more...

- Emerson

jenny8675309
Raven
Raven

15 Jul 2009, 9:08 pm

My son was always naked lol. As soon as he got home, the clothes came off. He finally outgrew that at age 6 or so. He was always clothed outside and when we had company...

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2009, 9:45 pm

I'll always remember being on the city bus one sunny afternoon; we were going up a street in a residential area when all of the sudden out burst a naked little boy from one of the houses, a look of pure joy and abandonment on his face. Seconds later a frazzled looking woman comes out the door and proceeded to chase after him up the block.

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2009, 1:18 am

???
You mean there are other people who did not take off there clothes whenever they can?
I certainly had no problem running about without clothes up to the onset of puberty at home or on the beach (Forgetting my swimming trunks never stoped me going for a swim).

Come to think of it I still do the same now (I live on my own and know several good naturist beaches)

:)