Tension headaches and person to person behaviour

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

SG
Raven
Raven

22 Jul 2009, 4:21 am

This is about the best website i've found that give info on it.... and i'm not just biased because i'm australian it actually has some familiar symptoms and triggers for me, some just list "oh you might feel some pressure on both sides of the head but they are DEFINETLY different from a migraine" hehe.

Ok so here is the webpage:

http://www.headacheaustralia.org.au/types_of_headache/tension

And if you dont want to open that here are the symptoms they list:

* dull and persistent pain that may vary in intensity (mild to moderate) and is usually felt on both sides of the head or neck (some however experience jabs of sudden pain in the head)
* a constant, tight, heavy or pressing sensation on or around the head
* tautness and tenderness of scalp, neck and shoulder muscles
* neck movements (active or passive) restricted by muscular stiffness and discomfort
* ache in the back or over the left side of the chest
* recurrent and episodic pain (often in association with stress) that can last for minutes, hours, days, months or even years
* mild sensitivity to light and noise (may occur in severe attacks)
* nausea and indigestion
* trouble concentrating and difficulty sleeping
* depression and anxiety (common).

And the triggers:

* poor posture at work, home and when driving
* bright lights, prolonged reading, loud noise
* medication overuse
* stress, anxiety
* fatigue, emotional upsets, depression.

As far as the triggers go, i know that autistic people like to hold un-well-thought-out postures, like to hear every noise and see every light in a room... get stressed easy, get anxious.. and then get a little tired. It is with me anyway... :?

So

I've worked it out i've had a tension headache since i was seven years old.. because i got the dark circles under the eyes and it was harder to learn (i was falling behind in the class).. i never knew that i had it i thought life was just meant to be that way.. IMO it was a bit of a damn shame that no body picked it up and especially a damn shame when i got a mirgraine in the temple at 12 and started showing schitzophrenic/psychotic symptoms. By the way psychotic is not a bad, mysterious word where you want to avoid it and everybody with it, its when you link it with people without their ethics where its bad. Otherwise you just stare and you pick up that your doing it and thats not what you want to portray to other people so you stop doing it (by looking away and blinking a few times).

So

What i'm really wondering is, and i don't know if this is a little too personal.. but what age do people with AS sit down and work out their ethics in regards to behaviour with other people. I learned mine in primary school after i came home one day after not really behaving nicely to other people, which i might have picked up from tv, or other nasty kids or something like that... the moment where you work out "I'm not behaving like that guy/girl, no way, no how".

And, whats the earliest you remember having a tension headache or migraine headache or other headache of any sort, chronically (lasting 24/7 for more than a few years)

Thanks

Mike

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2009, 1:07 pm

Whenever my mom said something negative about another child's behaviour, I would tell myself not to do that.
I'm glad you gave us so much info, even though I myself have no problems with headaches.

TobyZ
Toucan
Toucan

05 Aug 2009, 10:43 am

You may want to look at a gluten-free diet and see if your headaches clear up. It was my primary symptom, not stomach issues - but headache (swelling?) issues.