Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Tsiiki
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jul 2009, 8:09 pm

Ok, I don't know which forum is the most appropriate, but figure it fits in general just as well as any others...

But was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and/or has any advice...

Every few weeks or so, I get extremely hypersensitive. I am more so than average normally, so clothing can bother me a lot, and really picky about such things (like hair can't touch my face and whatnot), but this is way more extreme. It lasts for like a day, and nothing I know can alieviate it, but its like you almost have things crawling on you, and if a hair (yours, cats, fiber flying around) touches you, you like freak out, and scratch and try to get rid of it asap, but theres like nothing there because its so small...

It just happened again, so kinda... really really feeling horrible right now, and looking for advice ; ; dont even know what I'd look it up under, but its... really really really practically unbearable... I cant focus on anything (even righting on this have been swatting myself and twitching nonstop)

I took a really hot shower and scrubbed myself down so there would be absolutely nothing on me, then a really cold one to see if that helped, even during shower it was happening nonstop... tied up my hair so not a single hair can touch me, but its still happening (and giving me a headache), I'm really tempted to just cut off my hair to stop that aspect, but won't stop the rest of me >_<;;

Thanks ._.

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2009, 8:34 pm

I can kinda understand where you are coming from. I am not really super, highly sensitive, but I don't like people touching me, hugging me, don't like certain foods because of the texture, don't like tags on clothes, hot weather, or the bright sun shining in my eyes for long periods, because it gives me headaches. :D

Tsiiki
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jul 2009, 8:42 pm

Yeah, I'm like that normally, but this is just so extreme, and abnormal... honestly don't know what causes, and how to deal with it...

I can cope normally, I dont wear jeans because hate them, Find clothing where tags dont bother me, cope with those who do (on more bearable days), etc., but this isn't copeable... its just too much

A few months ago I had this again, but in an even worse way, where my hands felt like they were covered in chalk, and no matter what I couldn't get rid of it, and couldn't feel better... washing them, using lotion, butter, grease, salt, sugar, blood, nothing would get them feeling better... I basically had a meltdown for a few hours for it, locked up in my closet, until it subsided a little, enough for me to sleep x_x;;;

This isn't THAT bad, but its getting close to being melt-down material >_<

Aoi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2009, 12:10 am

I'm very sensitive to stimuli, from sunlight to clothing textures (and I always cut out all labels from clothes). But I haven't gone through a period of such extreme sensitivity. Is anything else going on in your life? Extra stress? Too much of something that you can only take so much of? Or perhaps something new, the effect of which is unfamiliar?

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Jul 2009, 1:08 am

When that happens to me, it's often because I'm bloated and each skin cell is stretched to an extreme sensitivity - I use herbal diuretic and it fixes it. Or helps a lot, anyway. The other thing might be multi-allergy attack, which Benadryl fixes.

These days, I go to a really good natural remedy store before I ask a doctor. It's cheaper in the long run and you don't need permission and you don't get your name entered anywhere.

ColdBlooded
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2009, 1:46 am

I usually feel itchy a lot, even when there's nothing visible causing an itch. But it's never something so extreme that i freak out.. Sounds bad. I know what i like to do sometimes is scratch all over myself kind of hard with one of those brushes with the stiff scratchy plastic(i think) bristles(not the ones with the smooth balls on the end of the bristles, those don't scratch very good). Most people don't like that feeling, but i think the scratchy feeling feels good, and it makes you feel a nice satisfying tingle in your skin afterwards :D If your the sort who hates things softly touching you but doesn't mind hard scratching feelings, something like that might help temporarily...

Tsiiki
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jul 2009, 2:11 pm

Yeah, well its gone right now... thankfully, because only lasts a day...

But I don't know what causes it (I actually wonder if its tied in with periods... I have a really really bad time keeping track of time and events like that, so can't tell really, so is a possibility), but it gets pretty bad...

and yeah, definitely did the scratching thing, I was covered like head to toe in red scratch marks... doesn't really help much, I mean instant relief for a second, but thats it, its mainly the whole... everything touching you... hair touching you, too much to handle, spare thread, clothes wrinkle, water droplets in shower... everything ~.~;;

I don't think I'm much more stressed than normal... and this has been happening on and off for atleast 6 months now, so don't think its that... definitely know its not any meds or anything either >_< dunno x_x

LinnaeusCat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jul 2009, 8:16 pm

ColdBlooded wrote:
I usually feel itchy a lot, even when there's nothing visible causing an itch. But it's never something so extreme that i freak out.. Sounds bad. I know what i like to do sometimes is scratch all over myself kind of hard with one of those brushes with the stiff scratchy plastic(i think) bristles(not the ones with the smooth balls on the end of the bristles, those don't scratch very good). Most people don't like that feeling, but i think the scratchy feeling feels good, and it makes you feel a nice satisfying tingle in your skin afterwards :D If your the sort who hates things softly touching you but doesn't mind hard scratching feelings, something like that might help temporarily...

I used to have an aquaintance that worked with kids with anxiety disorders. When one of her students got stressed out, she'd take a boar's head bristle brush (these usually have wooden handles and are found in the bath / health aisle of places like Target) and gently but firmly run the bristles up and down the arms of her student. Said it worked like a charm and seemed to calm them. Would be interesting to experiment with.

INTJ.