Total votes : 36

Shiggily
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2009, 10:24 am

Sand wrote:
Shiggily wrote:
Othila wrote:
Marijuana was illegalized based on a lie. Hey I still love Agent Mueller. Agents, love that word. FBI so cool 8) . For that reason alone it should be legalized. How many stupid laws are on the books these days. I remember they use to publish books specifically on this subject. So ridiculous. We are not a young nation anymore. 2/3 of us are not teenagers. We don't base laws on wants and needs. Generally laws get passed by people in power who benefit from the laws in question. Personally i think it was just a good theft scheme. Government catches a drug dealer they not only confiscate the stash they confiscate everything else too. Brilliant. Feeds the prison industrial complex. Gives cops jobs and such. A win win. I guess everybody on the illegal train is getting exactly what they want. Funny how wants and needs are really all a matter of perspective. If your dead you don't need anything. If your rich you already got everything so you don't need anything. :twisted:

I hope I don't have nightmares of bloody teddybears.

I got a headache just reading that.

A few puffs on a joint would do wonders for that.

so would a lobotomy

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2009, 10:59 am

Shiggily wrote:
Sand wrote:
Shiggily wrote:
Othila wrote:
Marijuana was illegalized based on a lie. Hey I still love Agent Mueller. Agents, love that word. FBI so cool 8) . For that reason alone it should be legalized. How many stupid laws are on the books these days. I remember they use to publish books specifically on this subject. So ridiculous. We are not a young nation anymore. 2/3 of us are not teenagers. We don't base laws on wants and needs. Generally laws get passed by people in power who benefit from the laws in question. Personally i think it was just a good theft scheme. Government catches a drug dealer they not only confiscate the stash they confiscate everything else too. Brilliant. Feeds the prison industrial complex. Gives cops jobs and such. A win win. I guess everybody on the illegal train is getting exactly what they want. Funny how wants and needs are really all a matter of perspective. If your dead you don't need anything. If your rich you already got everything so you don't need anything. :twisted:

so would a lobotomy

Your choice.

Shiggily
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2009, 9:11 pm

Sand wrote:
Shiggily wrote:
Sand wrote:
Shiggily wrote:
Othila wrote:

so would a lobotomy

Your choice.

equally compelling

Othila
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Sep 2009, 1:41 am

Quote:

Yeah well suck on it.

RichardBB
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Sep 2009, 10:27 am

Some people say that marijuana is just so harmless. However it affects driving. And unlike with alcohol's effect on driving, marijuana's effect is hardly mentioned.

number5
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2009, 11:05 am

RichardBB wrote:
Some people say that marijuana is just so harmless. However it affects driving. And unlike with alcohol's effect on driving, marijuana's effect is hardly mentioned.

You should not drive while under the influence of any drug, including many legal medications. You also should not drive while distracted by things like cell phones and coffee. This does not mean that we should outlaw cell phones. This means there should be laws regarding drugs and distractions while driving. Good thing these laws already exist. I don't believe that anyone is arguing that it should be legal to smoke marijuana while driving.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2009, 4:22 pm

number5 wrote:
RichardBB wrote:

You should not drive while under the influence of any drug, including many legal medications. You also should not drive while distracted by things like cell phones and coffee. This does not mean that we should outlaw cell phones. This means there should be laws regarding drugs and distractions while driving. Good thing these laws already exist. I don't believe that anyone is arguing that it should be legal to smoke marijuana while driving.

I agree. On other fronts though, extending the alcohol/marijuana comparison further - one makes you sloppy, one makes you more likely to *want* to get in a car and drive, or get in a fight, or do something assinine. Smoking your almost more clamped down and simultaneously hyper/hypofocused.