Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2009, 3:09 pm

I'm referring to the typesetting system Latex (not latex condoms, naughty me :twisted: ).

I've got my thesis back although I'm still waiting for the comments from the second external examiner who's a bit late. One of the comments I have from my supervisor is that I need to move my references so that they come before my appendix for my perfect bound copy. The problem is that when I use Bibtex, the bibliography automatically comes at the end after my appendix and is not listed in the table of contents. If the standard is to have references come before the appendices, then why does Latex do this? If anyone has experience with using Latex can you please explain what I need to do to

1. move the bibliography to the place just before the start of my appendix and
2. have the bibliography listed in the table of contents.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2009, 8:18 am

Ok, I just had to move the \bibliographystyle and \bibiography commands to the right place in preamble to get the location right. Silly me :oops: . However my bibliography is still listed in the table of contents and I'm not sure why.

TheKingsRaven
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Aug 2009, 9:59 am

\addcontentsline{toc}{section}{Refrences} Just stick that above where you display your bibliography.

replace section with chapter, part or whatever you've been useing.

replace References with whatever word you want to show up in your table of contents.

For the record google will find the answer easy if you search: bibliography table of contents latex

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2009, 1:59 pm

Thanks for the reply. I found the answer on Google, although I didn't the first time I did the search. I was probably using the wrong keywords when I googled Bibtex instead of bibliography. In any case the problem is now solved, thank you.