Obama's Health Care Plan, no coverage for disabled?

Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Aspiewriter
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Aug 2009, 9:44 pm

What's this about Palin saying Obama's health care plan discludes the elderly and the disabled? That includes, of course, those with Autism and Asperger's Syndrome. What is going on here? I didn't vote for the guy, but I would have originally. But now I am not so sure he is doing the right thing for the country. This thing that Obama's planned is called a "Death Panel." This is really scaring me.

I apologize ahead of time if this has already been posted, but this refers to what Palin said.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Aug 2009, 10:22 pm

Why would you believe what Palin says? 8O

Polgara
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Aug 2009, 10:47 pm

I had to Google that, and found this:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch ... -trig.html

Mutanatia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Aug 2009, 11:34 pm

Okay, two things that I find wrong with this argument.

1) We don't know--hell, even OBAMA doesn't know--what is actually going to be in this healthcare bill. Obama is vague on it deliberately because the Senate/House hasn't even PASSED a final healthcare bill.

2) As much as I hate to say this: It's Sarah Palin. She hasn't exactly been known for...well, for being "in the know" and, even when she is in the know, for knowing what she is talking about.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Aug 2009, 11:37 pm

^ Not only that, I question her motives in discrediting Obama, since she so royally screwed up her own political career. :)

pekkla
Toucan
Toucan

07 Aug 2009, 11:40 pm

hartzofspace wrote:

My feeling exactly. I voted for Obama and even campaigned for him, so you know my bias, but he has said many times that his goal is to make sure that everyone is covered, which is not the case now. He wants to fix health coverage so that people cannot be denied coverage because of a pre-existing condition or loss of job, and that if people can't afford healthcare it will be subsidized for them. Palin is a Republican who supports big insurance companies. She uses scare tactics to scare people into contacting their congressmen and telling them to vote against health care reform. Within the next month or two congress will pass legislation that will make health care easier for peole to get. That scares the health care and drug companies. Palin and others are scareing people with lies, like they tried to do before the election. This is a woman who quit her job as governor and left the people of Alaska just hanging there.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Aug 2009, 12:08 am

Thanks for summarizing that so succinctly, pekkla! 8)

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 2:02 am

I know that whole families moved from the South of the United States to Idaho after the Civil War. The Rapture can't come fast enough for a lot of folks, the Glaciers are melting at a faster rate than they thought, a Black Man has become POTUS, a Latina on the Supreme Court, the white 'race' is not the predominant hegomony in the United States and their brains are exploding. It is their last stand and they are being used as pawns and shills by the professional political corporate lobbyists.

it is really sad, but there will be bloodshed in the final battles of the same Civil War.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 2:04 am

I know that whole families moved from the South of the United States to Idaho after the Civil War. The Rapture can't come fast enough for a lot of folks, the Glaciers are melting at a faster rate than they thought, a Black Man has become POTUS, a Latina on the Supreme Court, the white 'race' is not the predominant hegemony in the United States and their brains are exploding. It is their last stand and they are being used as pawns and shills by the professional political corporate lobbyists.

it is really sad, but there will be bloodshed in the final battles of the same Civil War. They are marching under Nazi flags and signs, saying of course they are suggesting it is Obama that is the Nazi, but they are thrilled to march under those flags, just like the Ku Klux Klan of old.

I hope they find their Rapture, and soon.

CRD
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 9:52 am

pekkla wrote:
hartzofspace wrote:

My feeling exactly. I voted for Obama and even campaigned for him, so you know my bias, but he has said many times that his goal is to make sure that everyone is covered, which is not the case now. He wants to fix health coverage so that people cannot be denied coverage because of a pre-existing condition or loss of job, and that if people can't afford healthcare it will be subsidized for them. Palin is a Republican who supports big insurance companies. She uses scare tactics to scare people into contacting their congressmen and telling them to vote against health care reform. Within the next month or two congress will pass legislation that will make health care easier for peole to get. That scares the health care and drug companies. Palin and others are scareing people with lies, like they tried to do before the election. This is a woman who quit her job as governor and left the people of Alaska just hanging there.

The sad thing is some people will take any said by her at face vaule even after being caught in lie after lie.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 10:31 am

CRD wrote:
pekkla wrote:
hartzofspace wrote:

The sad thing is some people will take any said by her at face vaule even after being caught in lie after lie.

as "The Boxer" lyrics by Simon and Garfunkle so wisely state:

"All lies and jest, still the man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest"

As long as she has an audience, she has a message.

number5
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 12:57 pm

The amount of right-wing rhetoric and propaganda coming out over the last few days is dispicible. These aren't even spins of the truth, they are flat out lies. The "Death Panel" Palin speaks of is nothing more than the government helping to ensure people are able to fill out living wills so they can make their own decisions about their end of life wishes. I also read the entire section in the actual bill about special needs individuals because our family is directly affected. There is nothing whatsoever that reduces or restricts care to these individuals. It's all a bunch of fear-mongoring scare tactics that's complete BS.

I urge anyone interested in this bill to read the actual bill before jumping to any conclusions. I have not read all of it, but it is a surprisingly easy read and I was able to read most of it in about 2 hours. We all need to open our eyes on this one and seek the truth. Let's not forget that 70% of Americans bought into the whole WMD's lie. I do not wish to tell anyone how to think, but it has become clear that many people need to be taught to think.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Aug 2009, 7:06 pm

number5 wrote:
I do not wish to tell anyone how to think, but it has become clear that many people need to be taught to think.

Exactly! Most of these rumors flying around are propagated by emotional reactions, and failure to take the time to educate oneself about these matters.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 7:27 pm

and some people can't stand the idea we have a 'negro' president, and their heads are exploding. That is what all of this really is, you know.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2009, 8:01 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
and some people can't stand the idea we have a 'negro' president, and their heads are exploding. That is what all of this really is, you know.

A lot of it is white guilt. A LOT of whites, including me, are deathly afraid that it's payback time, and that whites will get slaughtered en masse for all the sins white people have perpetrated on humanity for the last 500 years. Exterminating the white race to punish us for the sins of people who lived 8-12 generations ago doesn't make much sense, except to some of the really out there nonwhite activists. They are all for Biblical punishment, yea to the nth generation shall the sinner's children be banned from the House of the Lord. I don't deny that whites have done some pretty heinous things, but there is not enough white blood that can be shed to atone.

I have literally shed my own blood to atone for the sins of my ancestors, and I finally realized, after several visits to hospitals both physical and mental, that it was a dead end. You can't kill your way to atonement, Brigham Young and Robert Mugabe notwithstanding. Many nonwhites seem genuinely enraged at today's whites for sins 150, 200, 300 years old, and bent on revenge. That makes about as much sense as the ethnic cleansings of 1990s Yugoslavia. But it seems to be ingrained in humans. There are too many of them and not enough of us to hold them off. They seem immune to logic. The white man must shed his blood for the sins of whites who lived 300 years ago, and they want it to happen.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Aug 2009, 8:23 pm

pezar wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:

A lot of it is white guilt. A LOT of whites, including me, are deathly afraid that it's payback time, and that whites will get slaughtered en masse for all the sins white people have perpetrated on humanity for the last 500 years. Exterminating the white race to punish us for the sins of people who lived 8-12 generations ago doesn't make much sense, except to some of the really out there nonwhite activists. They are all for Biblical punishment, yea to the nth generation shall the sinner's children be banned from the House of the Lord. I don't deny that whites have done some pretty heinous things, but there is not enough white blood that can be shed to atone.

I have literally shed my own blood to atone for the sins of my ancestors, and I finally realized, after several visits to hospitals both physical and mental, that it was a dead end. You can't kill your way to atonement, Brigham Young and Robert Mugabe notwithstanding. Many nonwhites seem genuinely enraged at today's whites for sins 150, 200, 300 years old, and bent on revenge. That makes about as much sense as the ethnic cleansings of 1990s Yugoslavia. But it seems to be ingrained in humans. There are too many of them and not enough of us to hold them off. They seem immune to logic. The white man must shed his blood for the sins of whites who lived 300 years ago, and they want it to happen.

This all sounds really bizarre, no offense intended! 8O Nobody can pay for the deeds of others dead and gone.