Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Have you ever used cutting as an alternative to deal with life??
yes 43%  43%  [ 36 ]
no 27%  27%  [ 23 ]
i've felt like doing so but i have not dared 30%  30%  [ 25 ]
Total votes : 84

L_Lawlliet
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Aug 2009, 12:14 pm

I wanted to know if any of you guys have issues with cutting and if you have any story to share about it.

I do. I have been cutting myself for abour 4 years and now am really trying to stop. i started cutting when i turned 11 and I don't really know why, I just knew I felt really really empty, I even tried to kill myself six months ago. Now I go to therapy and that stuff and i take medication. Now i have been ¨Clean¨ for about 1 month and a half and I am really proud of myself because finally i'm defeating this monster that was inside of me. Now I look back and feel pretty lucky of still being alive after all what I went through...

Do any of you have used cutting as an alternative for dealing with life?

Und dir in jeder dunklen nacht erschein'
Und dann fliegen
wir weit weg von hier
Wir werden uns nie mehr verlier'n

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2009, 2:39 pm

I have never gone with cutting but I have been suicidal. I never went through with any method I came up with to try & "end it" b/c I kept getting this feeling I had to "stay here awhile longer"... sometimes this makes me think I'm crazy. I've had friends who cut as well (2-3 approximately). Good for you for trying to get rid of the habit! :)

p.s. LOVE your avatar! might sound odd but you a yaoi fan?

Aoi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2009, 4:51 pm

I have a friend who cuts. She has been doing it on and off for years. She's not an Aspie (she has borderline personality disorder), so her experiences are probably different. Her reasons for cutting are to release the pain inside her or create/control pain rather than simply being a victim of it. Meds and therapy help her, but cutting is, according to her, common among people with BPD.

SakuraKino
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Aug 2009, 1:37 am

Peko wrote:
I have never gone with cutting but I have been suicidal. I never went through with any method I came up with to try & "end it" b/c I kept getting this feeling I had to "stay here awhile longer"... sometimes this makes me think I'm crazy. I've had friends who cut as well (2-3 approximately). Good for you for trying to get rid of the habit! :)

p.s. LOVE your avatar! might sound odd but you a yaoi fan?

I'm pretty much the same as Peko, I've always had rollercoaster emotions--going from blissfully cheerful to a shell of a person in a day or two for what seems like no reason (and no I'm not bipolar XD I'm just...hormonal?)--but I don't think I'd ever have the nerve to act on my suicidal thoughts, not because I feel the urge to stay on this earth longer, but because I know that it would be extremely selfish to my mom and sister (they're my everything <3) and that if I lost one of them that way I would feel horribly betrayed, too. They're my gravity, my rock~ and I hope you have or find your own personal "gravity", as well! I have a friend my age (I have no idea if she's aspie or not) whom used to cut due to bullying and personal issues that have never been spoken of to me, but she's also getting therapy and I'm very proud that she's still with me today, so I'm sure everyone is proud of you for fighting this, too!

ditto on peko's p.s. you're avatar is HAWT X3 yaoi fans ftw <3

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2009, 11:20 am

I have done it occasionally, when I was either extremely angry or hurt and just needed to get my normal, rational state back.

I guess it was the adrenalin/endomorphins. They make you feel better...

parakoopa
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Aug 2009, 10:45 pm

ive occasionally used cutting to deal with things, but not that much,

like mechanicalgirl39, i do it when im very angry, or REALLY depressed, but i dont do it often,

by the way, hope your okay, L_Lawlliet, bieng depressed suck , espcially when gone as far to cut yourself :(

SamAckary
Toucan
Toucan

21 Aug 2009, 4:57 pm

No but I do plan my own death, multiple times. Usually when I get in bad moods I try to skewer myself on knives and things by trying to cut out my lower abdominal region, and I also think of ways to kill myself. I haven't succeeded yet, nor really want to, but I have a sinking feeling that I might end up ending it all one day, but I don't really care as long as i've done what I need to in this life.

visnofskygirl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2009, 7:19 am

I wanted to kill myself before but I had change my mind for some reasons:

*It's a mortal sin
*I still wanna live
*It won't solve my problems
*I still need to prove my parents something
*Other private reasons :P

LucidDreamGod
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Aug 2009, 8:01 am

Never really saw any point in it. I hate pain first of all, and it really just amazes me how feeling that pain helps with anything. Is it sopposed to make your depression complete so you can know that your at the lowest point you can go. People say they do it because they want to feel something, anything. And that really means nothing to me, like one of those vague meaningless qoutes. I think people do it because they want to prove to themselves that they are truly depressed. Because acting sad is literally a defence mechanism of misery by showing it and letting it out we become more free.

I mean I've been depressed, like really depressed sometimes, but never had even the slightest urge.

JPanzer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2009, 1:45 pm

Yes, i'm ashamed to say that i do cut.

It started a few months ago after a particularly bad day at school, which left me practically crying by the time i got home. Ran into the kitchen and grabbed a steak knife from the cutlery drawer before running upstairs to my room. Before i knew what i done i had cut myself.

It releases a lot of the pain i feel for a while as well as making me feel good for a bit and just stops me from doing something much worse to myself.

If i told anyone i knew they'd call me crazy and send me to see a counsellor or i'd be labelled an 'emo' from my peers.

It's a secret i find hard to keep but i manage.

The only person i think knows is the one friend i trust.

Yaoi? I've had bad experiences with that. :oops:

Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2009, 1:46 pm

it doesn't help, it's just a dumb social stigma that people hear about.

i *sincerely* 100% promise you that cutting has absolutely nothing to gain for you.

JPanzer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2009, 1:55 pm

886 wrote:
it doesn't help, it's just a dumb social stigma that people hear about.

i *sincerely* 100% promise you that cutting has absolutely nothing to gain for you.

It makes me feel good for some odd reason, which could probably be explained in a 20 page spread of New Scientist involving a lot of medical jargon and a foreword some Doctor with a PhD in something you've never heard about before.

For me i find it helps me cope, it might differ for others.

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Aug 2009, 4:20 pm

Ashamedly, I have cut. It was earlier this summer, when people where chasing me whenever I left my house to do anything. I have stopped since then.

Interlude

31 Aug 2009, 2:50 am

I used to cut when I was 13-16, stopped because I was "feeling better"... and did it once again a month ago. I felt like doing it then, and indeed, it calmed me down. Now I do not think I need it anymore. (Until next time?)

SierraBell
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Sep 2009, 4:28 am

I was at the point where I wanted to end my life. I actually feel that way right now, but I never do...because then I think of the pain I would put other people in if I did that. I remember having a recent blood test and it was reliving. That same day I wanted to cut myself. But my mom was there, and I wanted her to keep me from cutting, so I never did cut. But I think that was the only time I actually wanted to cut myself. Otherwise the thought of cutting was repulsive to me. :x

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 10:07 pm

>>i've felt like doing so but i have not dared

Biting myself in the past instead....

EDIT: also I thought this would be on cutting class aka hooky for older people (ditching lol)