Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Have you ever used cutting as an alternative to deal with life??
yes 43%  43%  [ 36 ]
no 27%  27%  [ 23 ]
i've felt like doing so but i have not dared 30%  30%  [ 25 ]
Total votes : 84

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2009, 10:07 pm

>>i've felt like doing so but i have not dared

Biting myself in the past instead....

EDIT: also I thought this would be on cutting class aka hooky for older people (ditching lol)

Sati
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2009, 3:21 am

I was a cutter for 10 years, and it's now been over 2 years since the last time I did it. I'm very proud of that.

hj
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Sep 2009, 5:58 pm

hey
i ben self harming for 6 six year i hate doing it it such a horible hard secret to kep but i manage i hav had stitches for cutting and burns dressing my parents dont no i self harm the new i tryed it weni was 12 but the though it was a one off i too have attempted sucide by overdoes andby hanging ,cutting make me feel so alonebut yet it the only that sum how help yet causes more ttrouble , wen u hurt so much inside and cant find the words to say sumtime u hav to act how u feel i think that y pain on the outside make the pain on the inside no so bad ! !

if u do ever feel like self harming take a deep breath and find someone to talk it not worth startin it addictive please dont try ! !

Aqua_Dragon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Sep 2009, 12:46 am

I don't cut myself, but I can understand why people might. I've wanted to bang my head against walls, table, chairs, and a huge variety of objects in hopes that the pain would distract me.

SammieSugar
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Sep 2009, 6:04 pm

yeah, i used to cut,and still want to however i promised my gf,and my bestie i wouldnt.
but i used to cut when i was crying or was stressed or angry,and in my mind it helped.like whatever i was upset about,just went away and i felt better. i never cut deep tho.

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2009, 8:32 am

There are so many threads about cutting on here. I've got a whole column of horizontal white lines down my left arm.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2009, 8:45 am

protest_the_hero wrote:
There are so many threads about cutting on here. I've got a whole column of horizontal white lines down my left arm.

OWWW :(

jackdumpster
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Oct 2009, 12:04 am

as deeply depressed as i've felt in my 18 years of existence i've never done this before and don't think i will. that's just stupid and taking it way to far

NUTSY
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Oct 2009, 1:21 am

waaah this is my first post

ok so I ALMOST cut myself, I was in that bad sad mood, BUT I know that a part of me did that because I saw too much emo vids/things and that is happening back then. (I'm just being honest :oops: )

Now I developed this kind of fear to sharp object so.. 8O

X_Parasite
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2009, 2:29 am

Yeah, I've - wait, myself? No, no, that would be illogical.

Antonius
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Oct 2009, 12:47 pm

I have this phobia for pain, so.. no. I've never done that.

Eto
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Oct 2009, 2:28 pm

I've never cut and don't think I ever would, because I have an extreme aversion to pain and whatnot. Even reading about cutting makes my arms feel vague ghost pains.

Kallie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Nov 2009, 10:34 pm

I have marks and scars on my left wrist, my left ankle, my left leg, and the left side of my neck. I like patterns and routines so I always cut on the left side... I also bite my left wrist as well. I want to stop, I haven't cut in 2 weeks I think. It's a hard thing to let go of and get out of. I can't even count the ER and hospital trips my parents have had to make for my cutting. It's not something I am proud of.

tk5800
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Nov 2009, 4:36 am

cutting is disgracfull

when you run the blade accross your wrist, think, do you really want to die, do you really want to leave this world and acend into the next

or

do you want to live...

that is what you should ask yourself before ending your life. "cutting" to make one self feel alive is wrong, death should be death.

Aqua_Dragon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Nov 2009, 4:26 pm

tk5800 wrote:
cutting is disgracfull

when you run the blade accross your wrist, think, do you really want to die, do you really want to leave this world and acend into the next

or

do you want to live...

that is what you should ask yourself before ending your life. "cutting" to make one self feel alive is wrong, death should be death.

This is completely ignorant as to what the point of cutting actually IS. I have never cut before, but I can completely understand why someone would want to do it.

The aim of cutting is NOT to kill ones self. In fact, most people that cut themselves are capable of realizing that they are not killing themselves. And that is why they do it - pain is a distraction. When your mind hurts from depressing thoughts, or you have so much stress upon you, you just want it all to stop. You want all the negative thoughts to be put to an end, but you are smart enough to realize how futile death is.

Pain is the solution many come to. When you experience pain, any thoughts you were just having are now replaced by the burning sensation you will then feel. And the distraction may turn into something worse, something maybe even enjoyable by the loss of your thoughts.

I can sympathize, as I used to bang my head onto walls when my Mind gave me so many depressing thoughts that I could not stop. And it wasn't as if I could just ask another person to help in the area, as there was nobody.

Zeek
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2009, 11:23 pm

Yes I do cut and yeah I can say a bit about it. I started in Te Reo Maori (native language) when a friend handed me some really sharp scissors and told me to do it (he didn't expect me to) so I took it and cut into the top of my left hand. Since then I used his scissors for a while til he stopped me using them, now I use a steak knife. That steak knife was the first time I had my endorphin rush. I'm going to do it more often (on top of the left hand of course, that's the only place I ever cut myself). That's a bit about my cutting.