Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

fiddlerpianist
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2009, 12:18 am

When I get really nervous about something or really excited about something new, I find that my arm and leg muscles involuntarily twitch. It's sort of like a shiver, except I'm not cold and it's always because of anxiety or great excitement (which maybe has anxiety with it).

Anyone else ever experience this?

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2009, 12:25 am

When I am really excited or creped out by something in a book or a movie that I am really in to sometimes I get actual chills. I think I have gotten twitches every now and then.

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2009, 1:20 am

Yeah, I get that. Kind of all jittery feeling, right? (Do your teeth chatter?) I think it's adrenaline. Maybe. Well no, I'm not sure. XD;;;

ColdBlooded
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2009, 2:07 am

Yes, i get all kinds of involuntary twitches. I don't necessarily have to be nervous, but being nervous makes it happen more. I'm also pretty jumpy in general, but especially when i'm nervous. If something surprised me or whatever i jump or twitch too.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2009, 6:50 am

Not really but the phone always makes me jump even if it's turned down low. I also have this weird thing (maybe everybody does) where my whole body will suddenly shudder for no apparent reason. I think it's what's referred to from the old expression " A crow just walked over my grave"-anybody know why this happens?

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2009, 6:59 am

I never did that thing :roll:

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2009, 7:07 am

Hmmm... it's like I have an excess of something and need to shake it off, but it's totally involuntary.

visnofskygirl
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2009, 7:19 am

Aimless wrote:
Hmmm... it's like I have an excess of something and need to shake it off, but it's totally involuntary.

I flap my hands before when I am really excited or nervous but not anymore..:P

Sarafina7
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Aug 2009, 6:26 pm

I get "shivers" sometimes - my body shakes. It starts out mild and then gets more and more bigger and noticeable. I don't know why. I guess it's due to nervousness but I don't actually feel nervous. Maybe I'm subconsciously nervous and that's how it's expressed.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2009, 6:54 pm

Sarafina7 wrote:

Quote:
I get "shivers" sometimes - my body shakes. It starts out mild and then gets more and more bigger and noticeable. I don't know why. I guess it's due to nervousness but I don't actually feel nervous. Maybe I'm subconsciously nervous and that's how it's expressed.

Sounds like what happens to me but I think it's all physiological. It really seems to come out of nowhere. I really thought it happened to everybody. Curious :?

Hala
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Aug 2009, 7:11 pm

Every now and then I get a sudden, uncontrollable shudder. It starts in my spine and then spreads all over my upper body and sometimes even my legs. It's incredibly annoying and embarrassing so I try to suppress it but rarely succeed. I've been doing it since a very young age. It's not like a little shudder, it's a massive whole body shudder. :oops: It only seems to happen around people so I'm guessing it's anxiety-fueled.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2009, 8:07 pm

it can happen to me when I'm totally alone thinking about nothing in particular-it's like shaking off excess energy .

SingInSilence
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Aug 2009, 8:51 pm

I get those shudders. I also twiddle my fingers together when I'm really excited or giddy (though I suppress it when other people are around because it makes me look like I'm scheming or I've had far too much sugar).

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2009, 9:04 pm

I Googled and found this response on a blog-

It has to do with heat/energy changes throughout your body.

The cells and your body react to the outside world, therefore causing a change. This change is done through the shuddering, hence you get it.

Happens to everyone occasionally.

That makes sense to me.